anybody got top speed?

Discussion in '2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra' started by fordpower2099, Jun 16, 2003.

1. lookin for top speed on this thing. it keeps up close with the vette in acceleration, but what about top speed?

2. Re: anybody got top speed?

They limited the top speed to 155mph. With out the electronic limiter it's guessed it could hit around 185mph.

3. Re: anybody got top speed?

motor trend got it to 159 with the e-limiter in tact and im thinking it closer to 180 than 185-not to argue

4. Re: anybody got top speed?

Well you might be right too. It's close, lets just say some where around 160ish is it's top speeed with the limiter.
    You are right with out the limiter it would be around 180, but ford says the rear end would be way to loose at those speeds.

5. Re: anybody got top speed?

so put maximum safly acheavable speed and not the real one like they did with the mac F1?

6. Re: anybody got top speed?

I read an article, forget where, of a 03 Cobra with an R-model wing sustaining a top speed or 189 mph. I remember this quite frankly cause they tested it against a Porsche 911 Turbo. Now this wasnt a stock cobra, but it wasnt too modified, just a few throw ons. Now I really want to find this article, if anyone knows of it please let me know!