Anybody have new issue of motor trend

Discussion in '2000 Lingenfelter 650 Corvette' started by Lingenfelter, Aug 9, 2002.

1. well les see a Lingenfelter Corvette is fastest car in the world yes thats right an American car is the best just like the Sledge Hammer in its day the LPE COrvette is now Lingenfelter is a GOD<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Anybody have new issue of motor trend

Well, its at least the 'fastest-car-that-somone-can-sell-you-for-legal-road-use'. It might be even faster with that bodykit that you have as your avatar. Does it really where 345/30 19 tires without the bodykit like stated in the article? Someone let me know....<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Anybody have new issue of motor trend

Ya, i just read the article last night about the new Lingenfelter Vette. it is one seriously fast car. It can run a quarter in 9.24 @ 158 m/h and has a 0-60 time of 1.97. (no i didn't type that wrong) Motor Trend estimates its top speed at 240+. I like my mustangs, but i have some serious respect for this car.

4. Re: Anybody have new issue of motor trend

the sweetest car ever that car would kill the mclaren f1.It has 850 of torque and 0-60mph in 1.97.It is the best corvette ever and it only costs $165,000

5. Re: Anybody have new issue of motor trend

I will admit the new Vette that was in the new Motor Trend is extremely nice and although i dont really like vettes alot I gotta give the Lingenfelter people some props because they did a really nice job on the vette.

6. Re: Anybody have new issue of motor trend

The next thing I want to see is that 427TT Vett in a road course race with some other well know and respected road cars.

My list for favored competitors:
    Lingenfelter 427TT Corvette
    Hennessey Viper 800TT
    Ruf 911 Turbo R
    Porsche Carrera GT (When it comes out)
    Koenig 360 Modena
    Saleen S7
    Hamann E46 M3 Laguna Seca 2
    Lamborghini Murcielago
    Ferrari F-60 (When it comes out)

This is my dream but I doubt that it is likely to happen any times soon.

<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Anybody have new issue of motor trend

Amazing what one guy can do to a car, basically starting from nothing(the corvette). He didn't have much to work with.

8. Re: Anybody have new issue of motor trend

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from bmwm5power</i>
    <b>the sweetest car ever that car would kill the mclaren f1.It has 850 of torque and 0-60mph in 1.97.It is the best corvette ever and it only costs $165,000 </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->That car is bad!!! I love Corvettes but that one is just all that and then some. Its awesome how it raced the blue Angel plane and beat it from 0-60. The F-18 did 3.57 and this did 1.9!!! Wow I give Lingenfelter a lot of credit for that awesome awesome car! Its even street legal! Don't know about ya'll but I'd probably get the Vette instead of the F1 or maybe not.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Anybody have new issue of motor trend

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Buko</i>
    <b> The next thing I want to see is that 427TT Vett in a road course race with some other well know and respected road cars.

Hennessey Viper 800TT
    Ruf 911 Turbo R
    Koenig 360 Modena
    Saleen S7
    Lamborghini Murcielago

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I would put my money on the Ruf or the Porsche Carrera GT. A lot of cars go fast in a straight line, but Porsches go fast in the curves and don't break down. Many of the American cars listed here are one-offs and or pipe dream cars that aren't produced in quantity with the kind of consistency you get from German engineering.

10. Re: Anybody have new issue of motor trend

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from bobbybrown</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Buko</i>
    <b> The next thing I want to see is that 427TT Vett in a road course race with some other well know and respected road cars.

Hennessey Viper 800TT
    Ruf 911 Turbo R
    Koenig 360 Modena
    Saleen S7
    Lamborghini Murcielago

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I would put my money on the Ruf or the Porsche Carrera GT. A lot of cars go fast in a straight line, but Porsches go fast in the curves and don't break down. Many of the American cars listed here are one-offs and or pipe dream cars that aren't produced in quantity with the kind of consistency you get from German engineering. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I agree with you on the fact that Porsche's are good in turns and stuff but I give this car a lot of credit for being American yet performing good. Carrera GT is still going to rule! <!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Anybody have new issue of motor trend

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Bigblockbrawler426Hemistage8</i>
    <b>a carrera will never rule over this car will smash into pieces!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->How true. Anyway a corvette has better handleing than a 911 they tested it in car and driver a vette vs. a 911 vs. a nsx the vette won.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: Anybody have new issue of motor trend

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Bigblockbrawler426Hemistage8</i>
    <b>so conclusion: american cars rule!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Yip. I don't see why jap. crap ever became popular? They're just economy cars nothing special(or good).<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Anybody have new issue of motor trend

Yip.<!-- Signature -->