Anyone Like it?

Discussion in '2002 BMW CS1 Concept' started by chevy truckin, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Anyone Like it?

it looks good but theres not enough power<!-- Signature -->

2. First off, i want to say that European cars are the best kind of cars in the world. I love Bmw but i really do not like they way they are styling their cars all of a sudden. How bout the new 7 series? what the hell is up with that light strip in the back? And whats up with all these new entry luxury cars that expensive automakers are putting out. If they do that to much they will lose their prestige. o well<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Anyone Like it?

I don think the luxury automakers are going to loose their prestige by putting out entry leavel luxury sedans. I mean... say you buy an X type... ppl wont say you bought a cheap 30K Jag... They say YOU HAVE A JAG!

And personally, I don think theres anything wrong wit the new Bimmers... the 3 and the 7 look nice...

And this... well, it took some time to get used to... But I've grown to like it...

4. Re: Anyone Like it?

i agree. the new head of BMW design is taking the comapny in the wrong direction. they should've stuck to the winning formula that the yhad. the current five series is goregeuos, and so were the previous seven and three series. BMW gave the three series a mid lfe face lift and have ruined it. the front end has lost it's agressive look, and the back light clusters look plain cheap. they new seven is horrible as well, with that bulbous rear end and those angular front lights. and the spy pics of the next five series look even worse. it looks like a chiseled old model nissan primera. as for this...well just look at what eveyone else things of it. wrong move BMW. <!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Anyone Like it?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from payton101ca</i>
    <b>I don think the luxury automakers are going to loose their prestige by putting out entry leavel luxury sedans. I mean... say you buy an X type... ppl wont say you bought a cheap 30K Jag... They say YOU HAVE A JAG!

And personally, I don think theres anything wrong wit the new Bimmers... the 3 and the 7 look nice...

And this... well, it took some time to get used to... But I've grown to like it...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Everything else is true, except I loved this the minute I saw this...<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Anyone Like it?

Well i for one hate it. Why is this peice of crap even on supercars.net? This is isnt a production car and its sucks horribly. It makes me want to cry just looking at it. i spit... ::spit::<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Anyone Like it?

I don't see anything impressive about this car. I agree with the guy above me that it shouldn't be on this sight.

8. Re: Anyone Like it?

I for one think this car is sweet. yes they need to tweak some of the design (adding belt line trim would help) but i think this will deifintly be the modern 2002

9. Re: Anyone Like it?

and im sure you two car gods are the ones who get to choose what these people put on their site. quit your bltching and go back to knitting your quilts. if you dont like it go outside and stare at the rusted out hunks sitting in your driveway then come back and you might like it a bit better. <!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Anyone Like it?

the only bad part is how they streched the front grills out, everything else is good.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Anyone Like it?

In the first post the guys complains about the lightstrip on the trunk. But think of it this way: Imagine it didn't have the light strip. How would it look then. I'd say it would look a hell of a lot more boring than now...I don't mean it looks boring, I think it looks good...<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: Anyone Like it?

this bmw can be your friend for many and many years. When we bought our cadillac Seville it didnt get passed 170,000 miles and thats when we had to change bunch of parts and sell it since it was coming off apart. Well this car will never stop working at 170K miles! Our old BMW has 230K miles and it worked fine!

13. Re: beautiful.

I love this BMW (just as any other BMW). I've heard they might not make the convertable version :(

14. Re: Anyone Like it?

My friend had a BMW 2002, I don't know what year, but it was barely making it at 150K miles. I hear from BMW fans on this site and elsewhere that BMW's are known for there longevity, but I've heard just the opposite from about the same number of people. I always thought they lasted long. What's the story?

15. RE:2002 longevity

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 5spoke</i>
    <b>My friend had a BMW 2002, I don't know what year, but it was barely making it at 150K miles. I hear from BMW fans on this site and elsewhere that BMW's are known for there longevity, but I've heard just the opposite from about the same number of people. I always thought they lasted long. What's the story?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    BMW 2002s will last very long if all correct maintainence is carried out. the Engine is pretty much bomb proof and fixing is easy due to lack of electronic stuff. Only body rust seems to be the issue.<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: Anyone Like it?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 5spoke</i>
    <b>My friend had a BMW 2002, I don't know what year, but it was barely making it at 150K miles. I hear from BMW fans on this site and elsewhere that BMW's are known for there longevity, but I've heard just the opposite from about the same number of people. I always thought they lasted long. What's the story?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Well if its correctly maintained it should last for a very long time. I have a '73 BMW 2002 and its just passing 230K on the original unrebuilt engine. I also have a friend who has one and they just passed 300K on a '72 unrebuilt engine. Ive heard of other peoples engines lasting way past 300K and most 2002s actually have over 200K. So they do last forever if maintained

17. Re: Anyone Like it?

I guess nothing will last if the maintenance is poor... I have an '76 E21 320 and an '88 E30 320i, both have fairly large amount of miles on them but no trouble with either one...<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: Anyone Like it?

there is no question that the car will last, its a bmw not a domestic piss of shit. I think its a complete bad ass of a car, but its for looks rather than for speed which sucks.

19. Re: Anyone Like it?

NO.<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: Anyone Like it?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from _M3_GTR_</i>
    <b>**** Anyone Who Hates BMW Styling.I LOVE BMW Styling. They Look So Dramatic,So Aggresive,So...Exceptionly Good.I Think this And The X Coupe Look Absouloutly Amazing.They Are Great Cars.

P.S Dont EVER Diss Beemers.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

true.<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: Anyone Like it?

i love any BMW.this one dissapointed me in terms of speed and power.
    the look is gr8 in the front but in the back? it looks like the Peugeot306

22. Re: Anyone Like it?

looks = not bad. power = BAD!!!!!

23. Re: Anyone Like it?

I agree, the looks are great but 115hp is not enough for sportscar like this.

24. Re: Anyone Like it?

The body design is o.k. But the performace is just sad! 115hp?! Gimme a Break!