Arnold gives up Hummers

Discussion in 'American Cars' started by naranhito, Sep 22, 2006.

1. #1 naranhito, Sep 22, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Arnold gives up Hummers

California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has sold his fleet of eight Hummers, according to multiple media reports. Valued at over $950,000 the fleet of trucks was the target of much criticism from environmentalists. Schwarzenegger once praised the trucks as "an incredibly precise and forceful machine." In a speech yesterday on the environment, Al Gore reportedly confirmed the rumors. "Arnie has given up his Hummers," Mr. Gore said. On Wednesday, the sate of California announced it was suing the six largest automakers operating in the United States for the negative effect of their vehicles on the environment.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/09/22/arnold-gives-up-hummers/

2. Good, H2's are shit.

3. he did have the first consumer H1 too...

4. "On Wednesday, the sate of California announced it was suing the six largest automakers operating in the United States for the negative effect of their vehicles on the environment. "

I'm over California

5. hummers are way overrated imo. The only hummer actually worth mentioning are the military issue H1's. They are converting those and sellin em for dirt cheap and wow they are awesome.

6. Cali's environmental laws are as retarded as the left-wing nutjobs that come up with them.

7. The terminator is turning into a huge pansy ass.

8. gay robot :p

9. haha California ... what a joke

Thats just what struggling automakers need,

10. Who is "they," and how exaclty are they converting them? Because the only military-issue HMMWVs (they're not called H1s in the military) you can legally get are through government auctions, and they're sold as-is, sometimes only useful for spare parts. They don't convert anything.

11. California should break off and float away and become one with south korea.

12. No, the South Koreans are too cool. More like break off and just sink.

13. In fact, California is doing just that, only very, very slowly (damned apathetic tectonic plates).

14. What a pussy. If he were a real man he'd have doubled his Hummer collection and made them stop that stupid lawsuit.

15. if california sank you wouldnt be typing on your keyboard right now (silicon valley) seventh largest economy in the world there are plenty of right wingers here too like myself other wise california wouldnt be so rich. all the liberals do is complain they never get anything done it doenst effect us, you just hear about it in the media. We can do whatever we want here compared to other places, i bet more hummers are registered to california than any other state.

16. If by "compared to other places" you mean communist china, then yes. I'm a native Californian and now live in Washington state. The government down in Cali REALLY is WAY more fvcked up than any other state. One of the main reasons we moved to Wa. is the taxes. My dad would have saved a fortune if he'd lived here when he sold his company. And there are a ton of other regs that are way out of control down there too.

You don't realise a lot of it until you look at the laws in other states, we never really did til we decided to move. I mean it's still a great place to live, and it's not unbearable or anything but it does have way more retarded laws.

17. Right, they only make keyboards in California, NOWHERE ELSE!!

18. I'd be very surprise if any keyboards are actually made in California (or the US, for that matter)...

California is sometimes retarded, but so is having 8 Hummers IMO.

19. On Wednesday, the sate of California announced it was suing the six largest automakers operating in the United States for the negative effect of their vehicles on the environment.

"California, rest in peace.."

20. California should sue themselves, considering that they're the biggest market for SUVs of any state in the country.

21. You're jsut mad because with all our sihtty retarded rules and regs California is still a better place then whatever shitty state (all 49) you live in.

22. Depends on one's definition of "better."

23. I think arnold did have h1s. Wasn't he one of the first to get them?

24. He's sucha girlie-man