as far as sports cars...pontiac is done!~

Discussion in '2004 Pontiac GTO' started by way2fast4u2, Aug 10, 2002.

1. a weak attempt to make something that attracts young people... instead what it does is it takes a DUMP on the racing heritage of pontiac.... what the hell is wrong with car companies these days, too damn focused on those bulky ugly SUV's rather than real #$%#in sports cars.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: as far as sports cars...pontiac is done!~

he makes a valid point. they are focused on suv's and trucks because thats where they make the most money<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: as far as sports cars...pontiac is done!~

Rex4ev has a good point, except the part where Pontiac doesn't make trucks!

4. Re: as far as sports cars...pontiac is done!~

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Jesusfreak 4ever</i>
    <b>Rex4ev has a good point, except the part where Pontiac doesn't make trucks!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You have a good point too, except the part where rex4ev wasn't talking about Pontiac. The issue is about car companies in general.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: as far as sports cars...pontiac is done!~

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Gimme Fuel</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Jesusfreak 4ever</i>
    <b>Rex4ev has a good point, except the part where Pontiac doesn't make trucks!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You have a good point too, except the part where rex4ev wasn't talking about Pontiac. The issue is about car companies in general.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->so that means pontiac isn't concentrateing on trucks. I think if you time traveled frome the 60's to now you would think all sports cars were crapy.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: as far as sports cars...pontiac is done!~

say what? how does time travel figure into this?

anyway, i was talking about GM in general being focused on trucks and suv's. just take a look at the aztec. what a disaster. why did they do it? a focus on suv's.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: as far as sports cars...pontiac is done!~

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from rex4ev</i>
    <b>say what? how does time travel figure into this?

anyway, i was talking about GM in general being focused on trucks and suv's. just take a look at the aztec. what a disaster. why did they do it? a focus on suv's.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Yeah, but also look at the silverado ss. Nice ha.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: as far as sports cars...pontiac is done!~

The Silverado SS? Which one, the concept or production version? Cuz the production one looks weird.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: as far as sports cars...pontiac is done!~

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Gimme Fuel</i>
    <b>The Silverado SS? Which one, the concept or production version? Cuz the production one looks weird.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->The production version. I think the production version looks quite nice accually. It grew on me after awhile and it looks like the avalanch, but alot better.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: as far as sports cars...pontiac is done!~

ok. you have officially won the "I blindly support GM no matter how crappy stinky ugly stupid idiotic ideas they come up with" award.

kudos to you <!-- Signature -->

11. Re: as far as sports cars...pontiac is done!~

Not all GM companies concentrate on SUV's. In Australia Holden make sedans and utes(utes are different to pick up trucks and small 4wd's) They are all rear wheel drive and all come standard with v6's but alot of people take the optional v8. None of this front wheel drive, four cylinder crap

12. Re: as far as sports cars...pontiac is done!~

This new GTO was taken from the Holden Monaro... even pontiac couldnt dream up a good sports car, they had to steal it from someone else

13. Re: as far as sports cars...pontiac is done!~

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from rex4ev</i>
    <b>ok. you have officially won the "I blindly support GM no matter how crappy stinky ugly stupid idiotic ideas they come up with" award.

kudos to you </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

LOL<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: as far as sports cars...pontiac is done!~

lol. yeah, some people dont want to think for themselves. if their favorite car company does it they think it's great.<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: as far as sports cars...pontiac is done!~

lol. yeah some of these guys would be happy with anything GM does. <!-- Signature -->

16. Re: as far as sports cars...pontiac is done!~

<b>lol. yeah some of these guys would be happy with anything GM does. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->No I don't like how they have made the impala and monte carlo a family car. Furtunatly the new impala's, impala ss's, and monte carlos are going to be muscle cars again and the new impala will be based on the holden commadore. <!-- Signature -->

17. Re: as far as sports cars...pontiac is done!~

great more holdens as our icons. lol. i cant wait till those forums open up.<!-- Signature -->