at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

Discussion in '1999 Blitz Skyline GT-R R348' started by tumblerman, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Only 215? Come on, it should hit at least 230 or so. <!-- Signature -->

2. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

cool. there are no close road coarses where I live. the closest is mid-ohio. I live in Cincy, ohio and the drag strips are very close. road racing is one of my favorite types of racing.(lemans alms trans american), but I also love drag racing.

3. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

Aerodynamics are not all there.

4. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from tumblerman</i>
    <b>Only 215? Come on, it should hit at least 230 or so. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

346kmh on a HIGHWAY !

5. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

You're an incredible idiot. This car is designed for acceleration. With over 800 hp, 0-60 in 3 sec sucks, considering it's all wheel drive.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

3 seconds doesnt really suck. IT could be better, keep in mind that unlike a camaro, which sees most of its power down pretty low in the rpm's, this one sees peak power not until 9300rpms.

7. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

Also, since when is 215mph slow? It's far faster than I would ever go in this car.

8. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

This car could easily get well over 215 mph, its all about gear ratios, duh!? You think that a car with 850 hp, and has its gears tuned up all the way couldnt get over 215? think again. And in the first place when has 215 mph been considered a pussy speed? Im sure as hell you have never gone that fast or probably even seen a car that could go that fast. And 3 seconds may seem like a slow o to 60 for this car, but just wait until this car's massive turbo spools up, it would easily smoke any camaro. Its all about gear ratios, and the turbo. do some research.

9. #9 Godspd, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SSfearSS</i>
    <b>You're an incredible idiot. This car is designed for acceleration. With over 800 hp, 0-60 in 3 sec sucks, considering it's all wheel drive.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Again people miss the hole point why this car was created. Again I have to put people in the right frame of mind that Nissan/Blitz dont give a shit about American cars beating it in a straight line or quater mile. But it will keep up with the best of the best America can offer.

What it was created to do and its intent is purely to set track records which I have read that it has just broken the Nurburgring standing record by 10 second!

www.Blitz-na.com (cool link supplied by BugattiEB110SS)

Even on the longest of race courses you will not be able to reach this cars top speed...so why make it go any faster.

Like many people say and are correct about us that this cars speed and acceleration is all set by gear ratios for the purpose of destroying other cars on the race track....that includes all production American cars.

Learn and think before you speak next time.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

Another reason why the Blitz Skyline can only reach 215 mph, aside from the aerodynamics and the gear ratios, is the weight of the car. the skyline aint no feather weight. Stock it tips the scales at about 3700 pounds. Im sure that Blitz gutted the interior, but mosst of the Skyline's weight lies in its chassis. The chassis was built to support the inline six and all the creature comforts such as its sound system, and air conditioning. Another factor that give the Skyline all of its bulk is its ATTESA four wheel drive system. Im sure if the skyline had a lighter chassis and rear wheel drive it would have no problem breaking 230 mph with the proper gearing. However the Blitz Skyline was built for acceleration, and Blitz has accomlished its objective.

11. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

This car also only cost around $110K so 215 mph isn't bad and the 0-60 of 3 seconds is an estimate. I think it could easily beat 3 seconds with 850 hp.

The skyline also weighs a lot cause it's a 4 seater. What's the point of going 0-60 in 3 seconds if you can't do it with 3 other chix in the car? =P

12. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

dont forget the 3 seconds is probably on performance tires. if you put drag radials or slicks on this you could shave off half-one second on times. that is if you think it should be drag raced.

13. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

You also got to put into perspective that its only inline-six and for that reason it cant reach speeds as high as a V12 or so would<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

0-60 in 3 sec does not suck at all for an 850hp car considering it also weighs 3400lbs and still handles.

15. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

horsepower doesn't really have much to do with top speeds, you could get a 200hp civic and max it out at over 200 if the gear ratios were spaced out enough and if the engine could handle it with out blowing

16. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

i doubt you could take a 200 hp civic and do that. it doesn't have enough torque and probably isn't aerodynamic enough or have enough downforce or structural integrity to do that. but i see you point.

17. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

right and none of these drag queens could do shit on a track where it really counts.

i like and respect american cars but its people who think drag racing is all the world that give me more reason to dislike the people who are obsessed with them.

a porsche 917 does the following

0-60 in 2.1
    1/4 mile in 7.3
    engine: flat-12 tt
    displacement: 5.4
    hp: 1300
    torque: 1483 lb/ft

and it was a car made 30 years ago and was a lemans endurance racer. it therefore did not run on slicks, and could handle extremely well. how many drag racers can match this. i didn't say street legal. a lot of pro-stock cars run only a few tenths of a second faster than this on the quarter mile yet couldn't beat a bicycle on the track. did i mention that it doens't use nitromethane.

18. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

actually today I bought a magazine and they had a street legal camaro with a BB 440 cu in Quad turbo engine that made 2800 hp. and around 1500 ft/lbs. it was a drag car though. why is the handling such a factor to you. when have you ever raced someone on the street through the turns. I never have.

19. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

the magazine is engine masters and Mike Moran is the owner/maker of this engine/car.

20. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

road racing to me is much more interresting to watch. in addition i dont race that much on the street. i do much more road racing. my car is tuned more for suspension and not too much for dragging. not to say it cannot perform on the strip, but it is more leaned to tackling the curves.

21. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

You don't know what your talkin about....The only reason it doesn't have a top speed around 250-290mph is because of the gear ratios. The gears aren't spaced out to achieve a high speed, they're low to get a fast acceleration out of the car. Go back to shop class.

22. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from RX7Biggz</i>
    <b>horsepower doesn't really have much to do with top speeds, you could get a 200hp civic and max it out at over 200 if the gear ratios were spaced out enough and if the engine could handle it with out blowing</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Horsepower has a lot to do with topspeed if you want to reach 200mph sometime in a day! Do you realize how long it would take for a 200hp car geared properly to reach 200mph, if and that's a big "IF" it doesn't break down!<!-- Signature -->

23. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

You son are an idiot, pansy, people have said gear ratio's, aerodynamics, etc. Well for one it's AWD, even though ut diverts majority of power to rear wheels when at high speeds, more weight. WHO would want to go over 350km/h, unless u want to die, geared for acceleration. It's a 2.7L engine, it's a fully man street legal car and would burn any street leagal ferrari or lambo, and hell cheaper too, and i think it looks better.
    And people who know nothing about japanese cars just go love ure V8's, cause u can't appreciate what they have done to a 2.7L engine, jeez u don't have to diss evrything , especially if it beats ure cars...
    Later<!-- Signature -->

24. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

180sx why did you say awd. awd has nothing to do with top speed you fool. gear ratios and aerodynamic lag has much more to do with it. horsepower is a mediating factor.

road racing skylines dont even use awd. they use rwd. look at jgtc cars that is the epitome of japanese road race machines. cars geared for high speed usually use rwd also.

what was all the irrelevant information about the lancer evo. itsa great car but why did you post it. are you a salesman or someting or trying to get people to like the car? i bet most people do like the car.

please refrain from foolish and unnecessary comments next time.

25. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 180SXTC</i>
    <b>You son are an idiot, pansy, people have said gear ratio's, aerodynamics, etc. Well for one it's AWD, even though ut diverts majority of power to rear wheels when at high speeds, more weight. WHO would want to go over 350km/h, unless u want to die, geared for acceleration. It's a 2.7L engine, it's a fully man street legal car and would burn any street leagal ferrari or lambo, and hell cheaper too, and i think it looks better.
    And people who know nothing about japanese cars just go love ure V8's, cause u can't appreciate what they have done to a 2.7L engine, jeez u don't have to diss evrything , especially if it beats ure cars...
    Later</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    I am an american car lover, but i respect your opinion. there are a lot of american cars with these type of hp specs. matter of fact i see them at car shows and down at edgewater all the time(local drag strip). the fact is it would be pointless to put all the cars on this site because they are so common.