at least this car can drive over 100k miles

Discussion in '2002 Honda NSX Coupe' started by pkripper, Aug 9, 2002.

1. look for these on ebay and youll notice that these cars are actually driven. I dare you to show me a viper that still runs fine if it was driven over 100k miles. <!-- Signature -->

2. Re: at least this car can drive over 100k miles

There was one on ebay that had 90K. Unfortunately, ebay doesn't keep all completed auctions in archive (only the recent ones), so there's probably quite a few more that have covered 100K+ miles. There are a whole bunch with 40-60K miles.

If you really want to find out about how a Viper holds up over time, you need to ask Viper owners. But there's a reason why Dodge can offer a 7-year powertrain warranty on a car with this much power.

3. Re: at least this car can drive over 100k miles

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from pkripperf1</i>
    <b>look for these on ebay and youll notice that these cars are actually driven. I dare you to show me a viper that still runs fine if it was driven over 100k miles. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I don't know about a Viper, but I can show you my Vette and several others with much much more than 100K. And I can't report any serious problems, unless you consider replacing the clutch and oil changes serious....

4. Re: at least this car can drive over 100k miles

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Guibo</i>
    <b>There was one on ebay that had 90K. Unfortunately, ebay doesn't keep all completed auctions in archive (only the recent ones), so there's probably quite a few more that have covered 100K+ miles. There are a whole bunch with 40-60K miles.

If you really want to find out about how a Viper holds up over time, you need to ask Viper owners. But there's a reason why Dodge can offer a 7-year powertrain warranty on a car with this much power.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->IT'S TRUE.

5. Re: at least this car can drive over 100k miles

Most exotics will if you have the money to keep it.

6. Re: at least this car can drive over 100k miles

Nearly any car will hold up with proper maintenence if you really want to get into this...

7. Re: at least this car can drive over 100k miles

Your basing that entirely on sterotypes. The viper is likley the most reliable car Chrysler produces (cant say the same for the rest) A viper may wear out parts more readily than an NSX because they must endure the force of 500lb/ft of torque, the NSX only has about 220lb/ft. The viper is still very reliable reguardless of having such massive amounts of power.

There are viper owners who drive their cars quite regularly, as well as NSX owners who Garrage there cars all the time. Most people that pay $80,000+ for a car want to keep it flawless.

8. Re: at least this car can drive over 100k miles

NSX last long is because it's hand build...... and so is why it cost more... well i don't kno about viper ..but i think that most of the NSX is in a better shape then viper when it got to like 70,000 mile

9. Re: at least this car can drive over 100k miles

Well, there are plenty of Hondas, BMWs, Fords, etc that last a long time and aren't handbuilt. What's the highest-mileage vehicle, a Saab or Volvo or something?

BTW, Vipers are handbuilt too. The luxury items and quality of interior items aren't up to the level of the NSX, so that in part explains the price discrepancy. Not to mention the pushrod layout isn't nearly as complex to build.

10. Re: at least this car can drive over 100k miles

Not to mention it is imported to The States. Most everything on the Viper is done by hand. But I'm pretty sure the body comes pre-painted to Conner Avenue Assembly. However, I dont know if it is done by machines or not. Both awesome cars, though.

11. Re: at least this car can drive over 100k miles

The parts on the NSX will last way longer

12. Re: at least this car can drive over 100k miles

Make the NSX have 520 lbs of torque then tell me the outcome for the test of time.

13. Re: at least this car can drive over 100k miles

You forget something though, look at how much this weighs, torque is not really a matter, look at the power its got

14. Re: at least this car can drive over 100k miles

Yea, but the higher the torque the higher the wear & tear, that's what I'm getting at.

15. Re: at least this car can drive over 100k miles

You miss the point though, Japanese sports car dont really depend on torque anyway

16. Re: at least this car can drive over 100k miles

GOD! I KNOW THAT! But what I'm sayin is, If the NSX's torque came close to the Vipers, it wouldn't last as long as it does now. Do you get it now???

17. Re: at least this car can drive over 100k miles

Well the Skyline N1 has more torque then the Viper and most likely last longer then the Viper

18. Re: at least this car can drive over 100k miles

Show me, cuz I can't rely on a "most likely."

19. Re: at least this car can drive over 100k miles

Skyline Nur, It has more torque then the Viper

20. Re: at least this car can drive over 100k miles

Ok, u have given me a name, but that is useless. I want too see how long this car last w/o breaking down in any way shape or form. But that'll be impossible seeing as how it is a not production so you can't get your hands on it. So, back to what I was saying, if there were a production NSX with as much torque as a prod. Viper, the NSX would be just as "unreliable."

21. Re: at least this car can drive over 100k miles

What are you talking about? Its just an R34 with a different engine, nothing to it and it is in production, only that it was in a limited suply

22. Re: at least this car can drive over 100k miles

Ok, then have u driven it yet? And if you have when was the lasttime you had to go see your mechanic, for any reason?

23. Re: at least this car can drive over 100k miles

You dont get it do you? I dont own one, It's just a matter of knowing your cars, Nissan prooved themselves reliable, it's in their reputation, Like how Dodge has a reputation for several mechanical inspections

Another reason is how Japanese parts always last longer then American parts

Have you read what it says in the Skyline Nur part, " The Nur (Nürburgring) edition is the final edition of the R34 Skyline GT-R. It features a racing version of the Inline-6 that will push upwards of 450 horsepower when unrestricted. Only 1000 were made and they were all presold. " When it doesn't have the restriction thing, It has more power then the Vette and more torque then the Viper

24. Re: at least this car can drive over 100k miles

asdffffffffffffff

25. Re: at least this car can drive over 100k miles

Spammer