Bar vs. Jordan!!!

Discussion in '1996 Buick Blackhawk' started by IdoL, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Bar vs. Jordan!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from jefm</i>
    <b>Both aren't constructed by honda...
    the engine's are...and thus the engines are equal...the design is slightly different as well as the driving talent...
    if they put michael shumacher in one of these he'd be able to make it into the top ten...his job is easier due to the help he gets from a good car...but talent is the biggest gap between the teams...as well as good engineering...the little quirks like suspension falling apart and engines not living for more than a few laps will surface later...it's a little early to compare
    to sum it up...BAR and Jordan have different drivers and chassis...
    and a good car doesn't guarantee victory...and a good driver doesn't either...only when both get together do you see someone dominate the series...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Yeah but what if you get the same driver to drive both? With which car will he have the best score (let's say, in the Monza track)?<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Bar vs. Jordan!!!

honda needs to ditch both bar and jordan cuz they both suck. they either need to try to make their own car or try to go back with mclearen. (but jordan looks a little better)

3. Re: Bar vs. Jordan!!!

BAR is a young team compared to Jordan. Both share the same engine (Honda V10) however BAR does receive technical help with chasis development from Honda. Both team have been competive against each other over the past 2 years. BAR getting the better of Jordan in 2000 and the reverse in 2001; although the margins were minimal. BAR consistently have been producing sub-standard cars; I say that because it had been very difficult to see improvements throughout last year - even with a driver line-up of a former f1 world champion Jacques Villeneuve (who also as the rookie of the year for both f1 and CART, and champion of cart 1996 for team green). With that said, BAR can only improve from this point on, with a new aero guru from Williams and new design chief. Jordan has shown potential this year and i believe they will be consistent.

But the most important thing is that the Honda engine is still not competitive. Its one thing to have a un-beatable history i.e. 15 out of 16 victories in one year and 5 constructors championships in a row, but its another to continue with a winning streak after a 9 year absence. Look at WilliamsBMW. BMW came back to F1 after a LONG absence and it only took them 2 years to get competitive and now in their third year, they are gunning for a constructors and competing against the likes of Ferrari and McLaren. C'mon Honda, show us your skills.

4. Re: Bar vs. Jordan!!!

Actually BAR stands for Brithish American Racing, and BAR is part of BAT British American Tabbacco. The teams base is in England, near Silverstone. So it is a joint effort of the United States and Great Britain. However no parts of the car are made in the US to my knowledge, however the chassis was partly designed by Lola, and the engine is all Honda. I hope you do not take this as an insult as i was just trying to help you guys get informed. peace<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Bar vs. Jordan!!!

Jordan~~!!will win~~
    U know why????
    Cause BAR is an american company~~~~~~~~
    <!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Bar vs. Jordan!!!

Ofcourse Jordan

7. Re: Bar vs. Jordan!!!

Actually, Jordan has won 3 Grand Prix and has finished as high as 3rd in the Constructor's Championship. BAR has done nothing close to that. Also, Jordan has two incredibly good drivers with them now. Giancarlo Fisichella proved that he was great after he thrust the Bennetton onto the podium and consistantly beat Button's ass (and i still think Button is great). Takuma Sato has shown his potential through his testing speed and his absolute dominance in F3. BAR will have a tough time dealing with Jordan this year, i think. It should be a good fight.

8. Re: Bar vs. Jordan!!!

B.A.R. will come out over Jordan. Jordan's drivers are still not solid and the car has potential but smaller problems will plague it until the resources are there to do more thorough testing phases.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Bar vs. Jordan!!!

jordan have finished better then bar
    as to what i remember
    <!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Bar vs. Jordan!!!

jordan has proved over the years that they can't win. BAR will overtake them soon and start taking on the front runners. Jordan is better now, but soon it will change.<!-- Signature -->

11. I know that they are both constructed by Honda, but which one is better and what's the difference between the two?

12. Re: Bar vs. Jordan!!!

Both aren't constructed by honda...
    the engine's are...and thus the engines are equal...the design is slightly different as well as the driving talent...
    if they put michael shumacher in one of these he'd be able to make it into the top ten...his job is easier due to the help he gets from a good car...but talent is the biggest gap between the teams...as well as good engineering...the little quirks like suspension falling apart and engines not living for more than a few laps will surface later...it's a little early to compare
    to sum it up...BAR and Jordan have different drivers and chassis...
    and a good car doesn't guarantee victory...and a good driver doesn't either...only when both get together do you see someone dominate the series...

13. Re: Bar vs. Jordan!!!

it doesnt matter now. Jordan lost, BAR won. Honda will be fully commited in backing up BAR next year. Honda might even take over bar and run the whole team by itself. Jordan is left out in the cold using year old cosworth engines next year.

14. Re: Bar vs. Jordan!!!

yes....but luck has had a lot to do with it. BAR have (by far) the better drivers, but havent been able to capitalise due to their racecars not being up to scratch.

15. Re: Bar vs. Jordan!!!

not by far. with the except tion of Takuma Sato. Fisichella is a pretty good driver. probably better than oliver panis.