beating muscle cars at their own game

Discussion in '2002 Honda Civic Type-R' started by turbo power, Sep 14, 2002.

1. #26 Drifter, Oct 4, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  2. Re: beating muscle cars at their own game

Wrong Lambo pic!
    AAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

3. Re: beating muscle cars at their own game

Plant your foot and drive. There is so much more to drag racing than that. They have to gauge their rpm so that they dont launch with too many or too few rpm. (which when you got a fast car under you and your racing with someone who also has a fast car it is very easy to become excited and mess up). Not to mention they have to hit the lights on the christmas tree just right or else you will lose the race before it starts.

But if you can hit these to right all you have to do is plant you foot and drive right? Wrong.

You still have to have lightning quick shifts with no room for error, or else you lose. Not to mention when the track is wet and the real racers like TFs have to decide when to hit the nitrous. Now imagine doing all the preciding in under 10 seconds. Not to mention the TFs that will consistently run in under 5 seconds.

So even something that seems as simple as 1320 feet can be extremley complicated. If there was no skill involved then how could John Force have one 11 titles in 12 years? Its more than luck.

So every form of racing deserves respect, that is with the exception of NASCAR. But that is another story for another forum.

4. Re: beating muscle cars at their own game

i agree, u need skills for every type of race.

5. #30 ICEBLEU, Oct 5, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: beating muscle cars at their own game

nascar needs some skill
    u need not to be blind and u have to be able to breath
    i cant think of anyhting else that is nessisary

i dont see what's the problem in getting a rycR and
    rycing it out if u do it for a show car
    or a bass competition
    i have a focus svt and i put the so called gay neon lights and body kits and taillights engine dressing etc but i also have 8 infinity kappa perfect 12.1 with an indipendent alpine amp for each speaker
    i dont see whats the problem if i go to work 6 days a week for 3 hours a day and the car shows and bass contests pay the rest of my bills
    i see no problem in rycing out a car for profit
    http://www.icebleu.tk

6. Re: beating muscle cars at their own game

you are a moron.

If someone drives a civic because they cannot afford a muscle car, then what makes you think they will still have $13,000 to invest in it?

7. Re: beating muscle cars at their own game

LOL you are so clueless!

Since Nascar lacks skill then I suppose you can compete and make millions, right? Why don't you hop in a car and show those boys a thing or two? Don't be an idiot.

8. Re: beating muscle cars at their own game

Yea, there's a always an exception to everything.

9. Re: beating muscle cars at their own game

I need no nitrous. I need no turbo. Guess what. Buzzers do. At least to be able to try and catch me.

10. Re: beating muscle cars at their own game

I don't mean any disrespect, but it's the truth.

11. Re: beating muscle cars at their own game

Maybe The Only Reason Y'all See Japanese Ryc3r5 So Much Its Cause They Are Fun To Mod?

12. Re: beating muscle cars at their own game

Firebirds are f*cking awesome, sausage smoker.

LT1: reverse coolant flow, hydraulic roller cam/lifters, EFI, hole specially bored in block for water pump.

13. Re: beating muscle cars at their own game

Nitrous sucks, and you don't use turbos but you do use superchargers.

14. Re: beating muscle cars at their own game

must say not a bad looke car, but still no substitiute for a big block V8

15. Re: beating muscle cars at their own game

So a firebird is a happy car? dude your stoopid
    LS1 Rocks!

16. Re: beating muscle cars at their own game

And what the hell do you know about the LS1???

That's right, you know nothing but sh*t.

17. Re: beating muscle cars at their own game

what does that car in you pic run? cause honda has a couple of all engine, yes, ALL ENGINE, fwd crx's that run 7's, theyve got ways to make fwd not a prob

18. Re: beating muscle cars at their own game

No they're not.

and EFI was used in econo cars long before 1990.

Congratulations, you have a big displacement engine that's using 20+ yr. old technology....how advanced.

19. Re: beating muscle cars at their own game

you stupid twat.