Beats the living s*** out of a Jeep Wrangler

Discussion in '1952 Chrysler ‘Thomas Special’ Prototype' started by Cash05, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Beats the living s*** out of a Jeep Wrangler

no is no denying that the hummer is the most kick ass truck ever. but i read that this guy bought a hummer and his son had a jeep. the jeep had new tires, under caridge protection, and a lift. he said the jeep drove circles around his hummer. if you compared a stock jeep to a hummer any dumn ass could tell you the hummer would win but the hummer is $90,000 more then the jeep. not just that it has tires that are twice as big as the jeeps it has a monster engine, 2 piece beed lock wheels, and a much longer wheel base. I think hummers kick ass but if you arnt a million aire then you will never come close to taking a new one off road. on a jeep you can upgrade it and make it better then anything else out there but stock jeep v.s. stock hummer then the hummer would kick the jeeps ass. im not saying the jeep is better or anything but it can go any where the hummer can with some new parts.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Beats the living s*** out of a Jeep Wrangler

no shit sherlock<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Beats the living s*** out of a Jeep Wrangler

no, the lm00's are better but this is safer than those wranglers<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Beats the living s*** out of a Jeep Wrangler

yea there nice<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Beats the living s*** out of a Jeep Wrangler

haha yea it would<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Beats the living s*** out of a Jeep Wrangler

you are the biggerst dumb Fu

7. The Hummer is by far the best off-road SUV I have ever seen. The only environment I can think of it wouldn't do well in is like a rainforest. And nothing does good in a rainforest. This thing can move a 3 ton object, climb 70-degree inclines, and drive through puddles 3 feet deep. Tell me, what Jeep can stand up to that?<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Beats the living s*** out of a Jeep Wrangler

Man shut up, Jeep is in a different class than a Hummer. Hummer is in a class of its own. Hummer is waht 80,000 bucks and a soft top Jeep is 18,000 thats like comparing a Cadillac to a Tempo. Besides Ive seen Jeeps crawling up 80* inclines of large bolders with over 4 feet of articulation in the suspension and only 3 psi in their crawlers. Yes they may be modified but you obviously have no idea what kind of 4x4s some people have out there. Infact, you probably have no idea what I was talking about on that Jeep so go read up some more on offroading and then come and we can talk 4x4s.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Beats the living s*** out of a Jeep Wrangler

Agreed 100%

Hummers Rule

10. Re: Beats the living s*** out of a Jeep Wrangler

thats an insult to even bring that up. jesus you really think a jeep could keep up with this beast?<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Beats the living s*** out of a Jeep Wrangler

it is true a jeep cant compete with the brute power of a hummer but they r much nimbler can out climb, r faster n less then half the price hell yea i would drive a hummer but jeep is still n probably always will be the true king of off road

12. Re: Beats the living s*** out of a Jeep Wrangler

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from JCstrykerRVD</i>
    <b>it is true a jeep cant compete with the brute power of a hummer but they r much nimbler can out climb, r faster n less then half the price hell yea i would drive a hummer but jeep is still n probably always will be the true king of off road</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> Yeah I agree!<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Beats the living s*** out of a Jeep Wrangler

F1LM My car- Ever heard of the Jeep Rubicon Wrangler?
    GTO66- Jeeps aren't shit.
    Evolution- Jeeps are toys... just big, expensive toys

Jeeps are the kings off-road...hummers are the king when they're used by the US military off-road. A jeep can't do what the military demands, and a hummer can't handle half the trails the Rubicon could walk through.

stock Hummer beats stock Jeep
    stock Hummer loses to stock Rubicon Wrangler
    $100,000 hummer loses to any $100,000 Jeep
    $100,000 hummer loses to most $30,000 Jeeps

14. Re: Beats the living s*** out of a Jeep Wrangler

hey, I didn't say they were, I'm exagerating. Just expressing how much I like HUMMER over Jeeps. You can make a Jeep nice...

15. Re: Beats the living s*** out of a Jeep Wrangler

Imagine a bug under your foot. That bug is a jeep compared to a Hummer, your foot. Sure, you can blow money to make a jeep good enough for a Hummer, but imagine if you suped up a Hummer...

16. Re: Beats the living s*** out of a Jeep Wrangler

WHO EVER STARTED THIS IS A "CAR" FREAK WHO KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT TRUCKS.
    THIS IS A GOOD OFF ROAD VEHICAL BUT ITS AS WIDE AS A BUS AND HAS NO BALLS. A STOCK JEEP CHEROKEE CAN OUT CLIMB THIS. I HAVE DROVE WRANGLERS ON 4WEELER TRAILS THAT A HUMMER WOULD NEVER BEABLE TO FIT INTO. AND THESE ARE CIVILIAN HUMVEES THAT ARE MENT FOR STYLE NOT THE OFF-ROAD EXPERIANCE. IF YOU WANT AN OFF-ROAD VEHICLE GET A JEEP WRANGLER WITH 8" LIFT AND 35"x12.50" TIRES AND A SNORKLE ON THE INTAKE, ALONG WITH A TWEEKED EXOST SYS., AND A k&n AIR FILTER,AND OTHER BUILT IN FETURES THAT YOU CAN TAKE OFF FOR MORE OUT PUT.WITH ALL OF THIS YOU STIL HAVE ENOUGH $$$ TO BUY TWO MORE JEEPS AND DO THE SAME THING. THIS WILL GO THROUGH MUD 100% BETTER BECAUSE IT IS ONLY 4500 LBS NOT 7500 LBSLIKE THE HUMMER. IT WILL CLIMB MOUNTAIN TRAILS 100% BETTER BECAUSE PINE TREES ARE ALLOT CLOSER TOGETHER AND TALLER THAN SAGE BRUSH THAT YOU CAN JUST RUN OVER IN THE DESERT, I HAVE SEEN JEEPS SQUEEZE THROUGH GAPS IN ROCK AND TREES LIKE COCKAROACHES(ROACHES A 80% WATER SO THEY CAN SQUEEZE THROUGH A CRACK THE THICKNESS OF A QUARTER). IN SAND A HUMMVEE MAY HAVE A "CTIS" (CENTRAL TIRE INFLATION SYSTEM) TO GIVE YOU A BREAK, BUT THE WHOLE WEIGHT FACTOR IS NOT TO APPEALING TO ME WHEN YOU ARE DRIVING IN SAND THAT YOU JUST SINK IN WHEN YOU DRIVE A 3-1/4TON TRUCK ON IT. AND THE JEEP OF COURSE IS VERY LIGHT. SNOW, THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE I WOULD WANT TO HAVE WIEGHT. AT LEAST THE WINCH COULD COME IN HANDY HERE WHEN YOU CANT CLIMB A HILL COVERED IN 6"SNOW AND 8" MUD. I HAVE CLIMBED HILLS IN WORSE CONDITION THAN THIS IN MY FRIENDS STOCK WRANGLER. OTHER THAN THAT THE MILITARY HUMMVEE IS GREAT BECAUSE ITS LIGHTER THAN THE CIV.. HUMMVEE, AND ALL THE TOP END SPEED'S HP IS PUT INTO THE TORQUE THAT IT NEEDS TO CLIMB OVER ANYTHING IN SITE. CIV HUMMERS SUK.

17. Re: Beats the living s*** out of a Jeep Wrangler

You are truly stupid, aren't you? There would be no way a cheap jeep can out-climb a Hummer stock. What's the matter w/you, have to much dirt in your head from flipping and sinking in mud w/your tiny little jeep? Maybe its you that don't know anything about cars, so sit down and shut up and read things that people know what they're talking aboutabout...

18. Re: Beats the living s*** out of a Jeep Wrangler

How about this, why won't the military use jeeps? Cause they're CRAP! So, maybe you're the dumb Fu. You couldn't even spell "biggest" right

19. Re: Beats the living s*** out of a Jeep Wrangler

I've got footage of jeeps going places hummers can only drean of, sure, they are modified a bit, but the jeep is king of rock crawling

if anybody wants proof I'll e-mail videos of what jeeps and hummers can realy do, the jeeps are better in the mud, over the rocks, and on the street, the hummers can cross rivers better because of there weight, but other then that a Jeep is the only way to go

20. Re: Beats the living s*** out of a Jeep Wrangler

My 1983 Jeep cj-7 can smoke hummer ass. Granted it is not stock. It has a chevy 350 4 bolt main built to around 400 hp and 450 ft/lbs of torque hooked up to a nv4500. It also has some mean unimog portal axles and 39.5 super swamper boggers. I agree that my jeep stock with the old amc 258 and 31s would get raped by a hummer and so would that rubicon wrangler for that matter, but a hummer simpily cannot hang with me now.

21. Re: Beats the living s*** out of a Jeep Wrangler

The Military uses Jeeps, if you didnt know, alongside hummers. They use Military issued H1's because theyre heavy as hell and armored as hell as well. Jeeps have mobility.

22. Re: Beats the living s*** out of a Jeep Wrangler

Here are some pics of some extreme jeep and truck that would rape the shit out of the Hummer and they cost less way less.

Lets see the hummer make it up that!

23. Re: Beats the living s*** out of a Jeep Wrangler

Stock(Hummer) Vs Stock(Jeep) = Hummer

$80,000(Hummer) Vs $80,000(Jeep) = Jeep

24. Re: Beats the living s*** out of a Jeep Wrangler

The Jeeps used now stay on the base because they are not designed to be deployed in air at low altitudes like the HUMVEE can. Modern military tactics always involve bringing the war to the enemy and not the other way around. Jeeps also get demolished with all passengers dead when they drive over a mine whereas, the HUMVEE will keep the passengers alive in the same situation.

Get your story straight, the HUMVEE pushed the Jeep into history and no they don't work side by side. Where did you pull that from anyway?

25. Re: Beats the living s*** out of a Jeep Wrangler

Jeeps were designed in WWI and not designed to run over mines. Not to mention that mines came out in WWI i think. The army didnt bother to tell Jeep I want you to make a Jeep that is able to run over a land mine and keep it pasangers alive. Im preaty shure if Jeep wanted to make a Jeep able to run over a land mine and keep its pasangers alive the they could have but the army wanted cheep and reliable transportation and they wanted it as fast as they could get it.

And how did the Hummer push the Jeep in to history?

The Jeep was there first.