beautiful lines

Discussion in '1957 BMW 507 Series II' started by apexofhumanity, Aug 9, 2002.

1. I think, from a style standpoint this is one of the nices looking cars ever. Its style looks as if it would fit in with the roadster designes of today. Just look at the Z8<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: beautiful lines

the designer who made this car stated at an auto show that if he was to design the 507 today it would look like the z8<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: beautiful lines

I love this car it's just such a great design....and for a car that old the go ain't that bad

4. Re: beautiful lines

One of the most beautiful cars ever, surely. I wish I had the cash to buy one of these and modernize the performance aspects.

5. Re: beautiful lines

As beautiful as this car is, the hard top version is much more awe inspiring. If you find a picture of it and you like this, I reccomend you look at it.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: beautiful lines

The 507 is surely a BMW that is as rare as hens teeth. the beauiful lines and the adequate power make it a true sportscar. I love it. Too bad it wasnt mass produced. This might just be the most beautiful car ever made.

7. Re: beautiful lines

The hard top is even more streamlined, magnificent.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: beautiful lines

One of my favorite bimmers...this is so classic. I love this car...<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: beautiful lines

this is a gorgeous car. where can I find a picture of the hardtop?

10. Re: beautiful lines

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from impreza-guy</i>
    <b>the designer who made this car stated at an auto show that if he was to design the 507 today it would look like the z8</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

well, I heard that BMW's designers took this car as the inspiration for the Z8 and yeah indeed, BMW's sporty flagship strongly resembles this awesome car... with updated lines and all...

A friend once told me (and I don't really agree with him) that this car (and the Z8) looked a bit too much like they had been cookie-cutters from a Porsche design...

<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: beautiful lines

tell your friend that he/she is wrong...<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: beautiful lines

This car has a look all its own. I love it personally.<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: beautiful lines

14. #14 robrecht, May 31, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  15. Re: beautiful lines

Here's a few pics with the hardtop:

16. #16 robrecht, Jun 7, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  18. Tru tru, damn beautiful.

19. I have read a "2005" test of this car and they were very impressed with the handling and even the sound was amazing. They drove forth and back through some tunnel just to hear that beautiful V8 sound.

The look of that car is appealing too.