Bengal vs. Solstice

Discussion in '2001 Buick Bengal Concept' started by 550 Slayer, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Which one would you want?<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Bengal vs. Solstice

Solstice.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Bengal vs. Solstice

BENGALS AND SOLSTICES WOULD NOT COMPETE!!!!!!!!! THEY'RE BOTH GM. <!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Bengal vs. Solstice

Hey, 550 slayer is just asking which car you would PREFER! Not a race!<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Bengal vs. Solstice

BENGAL!!!!! No questions asked, it's a beauty.

6. Re: Bengal vs. Solstice

I like the Pontiac's nose better (plus, Pontiac's have sweet grilles)
    but its got a better shape. I know that they're almost I dentical, but the Solstice is just nicer.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Bengal vs. Solstice

Okay, I'd have to take the Bengal. But, still, The Bengal and Solstice would be fighting on eachother's side. They're allies. So don't say "Bengal vs. Solstice", say "Bengal or Solstice".<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Bengal vs. Solstice

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from DANVM</i>
    <b>BENGALS AND SOLSTICES WOULD NOT COMPETE!!!!!!!!! THEY'RE BOTH GM. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> he always says that. i don't know which one i want i like them both<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Bengal vs. Solstice

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from DANVM</i>
    <b>Okay, I'd have to take the Bengal. But, still, The Bengal and Solstice would be fighting on eachother's side. They're allies. So don't say "Bengal vs. Solstice", say "Bengal or Solstice".</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->They make awesome little roadsters - something for BMW to think about while they stand next to the M-roadster. (I still like the M-roadster) These (if gone into production) will do good.. Probably.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Bengal vs. Solstice

Okay, who's the retard who said they are IDENTICAL?? Or that the Bengal would not be produced because of the Caddy XLR

Buick Bengal = 4 passenger convertible, akin to Mustang.

XLR = 2 seater large roadster. Like Mercedes SL.

Solstice = 2 seater roadster. Like BMW Z3/Z4, S2000, Miata, MR2, TT.

These are in three different categories.
    They will produce whichever one they feel will not only be the most profitable itself, but also boost image.

All three could be produced without directly competing with each other. The Solstice would be a $25-30000 two seater.
    The Bengal would probably go around 30-40000
    The XLR is going to be a $60000+ car, if I remember correctly.

THe most feasible reason to NOT produce the Bengal is taht GM is already bringing in a rear drive, 2+2 car. The GTO.<!-- Signature -->