Bentley Shoud Be Ashamed!!!

Discussion in '1999 Bentley Hunaudieres Concept' started by deuginthesky, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Bentley Shoud Be Ashamed!!!

Funny how he hasn't said anything since those shutting-up sessions...

2. Re: Bentley Shoud Be Ashamed!!!

its kinda ugly

3. Re: Bentley Shoud Be Ashamed!!!

kalm down, yo, they made this W16 because they wanted to get it out before Lincoln came out with it's V16, which was supposed to be the first one. They didn't have the time to get more hp out of the dang thing. But 8 litre, i mean... dang... but at least it looks good, except that green... if it was black or something, it would of worked... itz still kool

4. Re: Bentley Shoud Be Ashamed!!!

This car has super clean lines and it looks absoulutely fabulous . I think bentley should put this into production but with a much more efficient engine.

5. Re: Bentley Shoud Be Ashamed!!!

i like the styling! but the engine is disgusting!

6. Re: Bentley Shoud Be Ashamed!!!

I thought W format cylinder engines are capable of producing more power than V's.

7. Re: Bentley Shoud Be Ashamed!!!

benltley is known for quality(duh) so having not too much hp from 16 cylinders increases engin life

8. Re: Bentley Shoud Be Ashamed!!!

No Bentley should not be ashamed. I would like it if they produced. And anyone who thinks that bentley should be ashamed should look at what they are driving and think "Sure, I can smoke a bentley that does 217 mph"

9. Re: Bentley Shoud Be Ashamed!!!

Why in God's name should Bentley be ashamed of this!?!?! This car is crazy. I would love to have a car like this.

10. Re: Bentley Shoud Be Ashamed!!!

Dang, very nicely said.

11. Re: Bentley Shoud Be Ashamed!!!

What do you mean ashamed, its beautiful!!!

12. Re:

Bentley should be prosecuted! There are a lot of V8s and V12s out there that make more than 650 hp! 620 hp from a W16 is just plain motherf*cking st*pid BULLSH*T!!!!!

13. Re:

Bentley should be prosecuted! there are a lot of V8s and V12s out there that make more than 650 hp! 620 hp from a W16 is just plain motherf*cking stup*d BULLSH*T

14. Re: Bentley Shoud Be Ashamed!!!

It says Bentley on the hood, its good enough for me, I don't care if its powered by a 1.5L inline 4.

15. Re: Bentley Shoud Be Ashamed!!!

This is a great car made by a company that is trying to expand its fields. Compare what Bentley has done to what Porche have done to the Cheyenne. Porche isn't known for 4-wheel drives, but they are testing a new market. Bentley didn't even produce this, it's a show car to show off their engineering which is second to none. I think an 8 litre W16 is bloody fantastic, even if a little extreme. It shows 2 things.
    1) There's no replacement for displacement (eg. look at the performance stats. from a raw engine, it's pretty good. a bit of tuning would be brilliant)
    2) Maybe there is such a thing as too much displacement. (8 litres!!!)

16. Re: Bentley Shoud Be Ashamed!!!

There are many points to be made. For starters the HP is not bad, for a V12, but for a W16, it could be better. But since it is a Bently it doesn't matter because I know Bently/VW can make some of the best damn engines ever. If Bently wanted to make a W16 with 300 hp they will. If they want to make a W16 with 2000 hp, they will.

17. Re: Bentley Shoud Be Ashamed!!!

You Should Be Ashamed of making this post

18. Re: Bentley Shoud Be Ashamed!!!

Besides, Volkswagen just put four of their existing engines together. I'm not sure which ones, but they all probably put out around 160 horsepower or so. They haven't done anything to the engines, so why should it put out a lot more power?

19. ha its true