Best American Car ever made???

Discussion in '2000 Saleen S7' started by CarreraGtRacer, Sep 18, 2002.

1. Re: Best American Car ever made???

Definitely

2. Re: Best American Car ever made???

Yes, and it is One of the many best super exoctic cars on the track.

3. Re: Best American Car ever made???

This is for sure the greatest American car ever made, it is fast and it has unique styling.

4. Re: Best American Car ever made???

HOW in the world has this car "proven that it can beat an enzo"? Do you have any proof?

Well, I have proof that the S7 was basically beaten in every single performance category by the FERRARI ENZO. Check out the Road and Track Magazine with the cover story of the Enzo. It set numerous records in the magazine....outperforming the S7 and McLaren F1 in various performance categories.

S7 is a sweet car...but from the facts I've seen, I would say that the Enzo is just even better.

5. Re: Best American Car ever made???

by far

6. Re: Best American Car ever made???

Man, you're honestly one of the most retarded people I've seen post on ANY of the sc.net forums.

The S7 will rip the SRT-10 a new one. The S7 will beat the Ford GT which will in turn take the SRT-10 to school. The SRT-10 isnt everything it looks to be. Though it has good brakes and good grip, its track performance has never really been tested against any other American Supercar. Thus, we can only assume by track times that the S7 is superior. And NEVER doubt Saleen. 3.3 0-60, 550 horses out of a 7L V8 comparesd to the Viper's 500 horses coming out of a 8.3L V8. And what muscle car ever had a V10? This uses more of a muscle car engine than the Viper does. A 7L V8. AND it gets more power despite having two less cylinders. And how in HELL can you call it weak? It'll rip you, and your ride, a new one.

Note: I wasnt trying to call the SRT-10 a bad car. Its actually a good car and great value. But your ignorance and thickheadedness makes you look just plain dumb.

7. Re: Best American Car ever made???

the S7 sux ass

8. Re: Best American Car ever made???

nice azz car top speed is 223mph tho(recorded in car & driver)

9. Re: Best American Car ever made???

here is what i think:

1)Chrysler ME Four-Twelve concept
    2)New 2004 Saleen S7
    3)Ford GT90 concept
    4)Cadillac Cien concept
    5)New Ford GT
    6)Dodge Viper SRT-10
    7)Mosler Photon
    8)Chevrolet Corvette Z06
    9)Mustang Cobra R
    10)Pontiac GTO

Chevrolet Camaro, Pontiac Firebird, and Chevrolet SS concept are also note worthy.

10. Re: Best American Car ever made???

quote from jeepster7241
    "This is nothing but a weak wannabe. DIRECT styling cues from the body of a McLaren, and a weaker engine.. This thing can't even measure up to an srt-10, and thats 300,000 dollar price difference. The best american car ever made is the srt10. Handles, brakes, accelerates, and looks better, not to mention it embodies the american muscle car spirit. The s7 is like a european car company putting a big block v8 inside a 4000lb machine then calling it the best european car ever just because it looks the part....this vehicle is a misfit, and a weak one at that.

You are a F*CKING dumbass, the srt-10 can accelerate to 60 in 3.9, the s7 can get to it in 3.3. This thing uses the srt-10 for a b*tch and will and always will wipe the floor with it. and it weighs 2700 pounds genious. and for getting to 223 mph instead of a lousy 190 mph done by the srt-10. The s7 kicks ass.

11. Re: Best American Car ever made???

Yo F*ckhead! I hate to tell you this but, Ford will and always will kick the shit out of mosler. The Saleens way better looking and its specs are better. These specs are wrong tho, its top speed is 223 mph. But neway the mosler is a great car, i'll admit that but the saleen is 10 times as good as the mosler.

12. Re: Best American Car ever made???

The actual top speed is 220+ mph. This site just got it a bit off.

13. #138 Gunman, Jun 10, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  14. Re: Best American Car ever made???

I am a lover of the corvete to but I'm sorrey the saleen blows
    the corvete to pieces.you can tell that buy the specs.

15. Re: Best American Car ever made???

amen to that

16. Re: Best American Car ever made???

So whats the price on the newest porsche boxter?

17. Re: Best American Car ever made???

horsepower is whatmakes a car a supercar.

18. Re: Best American Car ever made???

No the TVR speed 12 is probably one of the fastest legal street cars made with a top speed of 240 mph with the propor gearing and all street tuned, and can reach 0-60 mph in around 3.0. Although the Saleen S7 did beat a new 2004 Lamborghini in the 2004 auto races in lakeville, CT with its hood off. Now that is a sad Lamborghini.

19. Re: Best American Car ever made???

No the TVR Speed 12 is probably one of the fasted street cars ever built with a top speed of 240+ with the proper gearing and all street tuned. Although the Saleen S7 did beat a new 2004 Lamborghini in the 2004 auto races in Lakeville, CT with its hood off! Now that is a sad Lamborghini.

20. Re: Best American Car ever made???

I think this is the best American car ever made and also the GT40 and Z06 are very close.

21. Re: Best American Car ever made???

all they need now is a supercharged version of fords sohc 427 cammer v8

22. Re: Best American Car ever made???

This Car is not only an american classic yet an underdog that can compete with most factory cars on the market today. With a price that is way better than those cars. Plus this car is the best american supercar with looks to kill.

23. Not quite. you forgot top speed and acceleration!

24. STILL NOT QUITE. also braking and handling!!

25. #$%# its not even the best american car, and no where near the best ever.