Best Classic Ferrari

Discussion in '1970 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona' started by RLQ, Aug 10, 2002.

1. I would love to own one of these. <!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Best Classic Ferrari

I would take on in maybe red or something. Its not thati dont like yellow, i just like red more. At that time this car really did some major ass kickin' and it still does in my book<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Best Classic Ferrari

I think Ferrari should only make red cars. A non-red Ferrari just isn't the same.

4. Re: Best Classic Ferrari

i believe the best classic is a 250 gto.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Best Classic Ferrari

The most famous Ferrari Daytona is actually painted "Sunoco Blue" (Think Mark Donahue Porsche 917/30). This car, 1972, I beleive, set the record for the Cannonball Run (Manhattan to Redondo Beach, CA). Driven by Dan Gurney and Brock Yates, they averaged well in excess of 80mph overall (including stops), and were clocked doing 143 in a 55 zone. After the cross country sprint, the car needed only an oil change, wash, and new rear tires. (Gran turismo at its finest). The "Cannonball Run" Daytona can be identified by block printing on the front fenders (Kirk F. White Racing- Drivers Dan Gurney and Brock Yates). This car was in the Shell Ferrari Historic Challenge last I saw.

6. Re: Best Classic Ferrari

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from dirtbag</i>
    <b>I would take on in maybe red or something. Its not thati dont like yellow, i just like red more. At that time this car really did some major ass kickin' and it still does in my book</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Yellow is a nice color, but it can get dirty really fast. Red is the best color you can get in a Ferrari<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Best Classic Ferrari

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mgbgt73</i>
    <b>i believe the best classic is a 250 gto.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I agree with you. The 250 gto is the greatest ferrari ever made. Unfortunately with only 30 some of these cars world wide it now sells for like 6 million.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Best Classic Ferrari

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from turbo power</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mgbgt73</i>
    <b>i believe the best classic is a 250 gto.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I agree with you. The 250 gto is the greatest ferrari ever made. Unfortunately with only 30 some of these cars world wide it now sells for like 6 million.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

yeah the '62 GTO gets my vote.

9. Re: Best Classic Ferrari

Ferrari rulz

<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Best Classic Ferrari

250 gt california spyder is the best ferrari ever made, but if youre not a surperrich bastard buy this car.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Best Classic Ferrari

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Thugz</i>
    <b>I think Ferrari should only make red cars. A non-red Ferrari just isn't the same.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Yellow is Ferrari's offical colour, so thats why you see yellow cars.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: Best Classic Ferrari

are you sure?

in 1999 Ferrari had 13 colours available for their cars of which 7 were different reds!

13. Re: Best Classic Ferrari

The reason why we associate Ferrari with red is because Red is Italy's national racing color. I like the NART team cars brought over by Chinetti- red, but with a blue & white stripe for the good ol' USA. Also, for the record, Germany's racing color is white, not silver.

14. Re: Best Classic Ferrari

best classic ferrari, the p series I personly like the p5 but it never went on racing, any of the P's is prettier, see for your self

15. Re: Best Classic Ferrari

and here is the p4

16. Re: Best Classic Ferrari

the p 3
    As underlined by its wide tracks, flawless design and dramatically sloped and rounded windshield, it was a shape that had come into its maturity; so much so in fact that its successor the P4 was almost undistinguishable to all but the most expert eyes.

17. Re: Best Classic Ferrari

and the p2

18. Re: Best Classic Ferrari

finaly the first one 1965 Ferrari 330 P1, unfortunatly I could only find one picture, better than nothing

19. Re: Best Classic Ferrari

my opinion would have to sway in favor of the 250TR's especially the '57 thru '60 TR's..but don't get me wrong, the 250 GTO definitely held it's own, as well..same goes for this awesome 365 GTB/4..very beautiful, specially in Ferrari Yellow!!