Best of the sixties...

Discussion in '1938 Bugatti Type 57C Coupé Aerodynamique' started by Cam1, Aug 10, 2002.

1. ...and a classic of the seventies!

Please tell me of a better 1966 car at an affordable price. Does anthing have a more perfect balance between handling and speed?

Rhetorical question - Of course it's the best!

2. Re: Best of the sixties...

friend of mine has an MG B V8
    does any1 have any info, specs about this car?

3. Re: Best of the sixties...

I own one of these beauties, only in red and with more horsepower.

4. Re: Best of the sixties...

I am currently restoring an MGB GT V8 in my garage. It is one of the most beautiful British machines that I have ever seen. I can't wait until it is done so that I can drive it!

5. Re: Best of the sixties...

The B GT was the car of my "boy-days". Then these cars were very cheap. They are very relyable -- much more than many other sportscars (eg. Midgets, which are technically just downsized Bs. You can repair a Midget from a B's manual). And I liked the Bs engine characteristics which allowed you to accelerate even from low rpms. This gave you confidence even if you were just "gliding" at 2500 rpms. In daily city-traffic I drove the B more easygoing than I do my 911 now. An early 911 feels not so well at low rpms, but if you start to rev up the engine only the limiter will stop you. So you tend to drive much faster in a 911 than you actually want to.

But today Bs are quite expensive in Europe (except GB) but have already come down from all time highs in the end-80-ies. Rust was a problem (especially in Austrian

I consider buying a C. Does anybody have experience with it? Does it really handle so badly as is the rumor?

6. Re: Best of the sixties...

The C is a very good car if you add a stiffer antirollbar + uprated dampers. I know some owners of c's mostly they are used as gt's to travel large distances (it is not as sporty as a standard b but you can drive it at much lower rpm's)

7. Re: Best of the sixties...

Best of the Sixties? Depends on what you're talking about; do you mean it's the best in its general class or best overall? If you mean best in class then that is understandable...........but if you mean the best OVERALL (all cars included) then you really need to wake up.

8. Re: Best of the sixties...

maybe it is one of the best European roadsters of the 60's (along with the Ferraris of that time) ..this car seems like alot of fun to tool around in, maybe to take around a road course here in America, or the Silverstone track in England, as well