Best sounding car in the world?

Discussion in '2003 Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG' started by LeeHarveyOzzy, Sep 11, 2003.

1. #1 LeeHarveyOzzy, Sep 11, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    I think this is the best sounding car in the world. Ever heard one on full throttle? I have and it gave me goosebumps. The sound it makes is so deep, full of bass and loud. According to Jeremy Clarkson it sounds like a WW2 bomber.
    Some other cars that sound really good are:
    BMW M3 and especially the M5,
    Chevrolette Corvette C5R,
    Ford GT40 (the old one),
    TVR Cerbera,
    Subaru Impreza WRX STI,
    Honda NSX,
    Audi Quattro S1,
    Audi RS6 (especially the MTM version, check www.supercars.de ),
    Alfa 147/156 GTA,
    Aston Martin Vanquish,
    Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3,
    Enzo Ferrari,
    1964 Ford Mustang and
    Lamborghini Murcielago.
    These are, in my opinion, the best soundinc cars in the world. But the SL55 is by far the best sounding. Which ones are your favourites?

2. Re:
    Best sounding car in the world?

The best sounding car in the world is the FIAT COUPE turbo plus. if any of you disagree then i wanto know why!!!!!

"To be is not to not to be, and To not be is to be"

3. Re: Best sounding car in the world?

A Fiat Coupe? It just can't be the best sounding car in the world. I'm not saying a 5cyl can't sound good (listen to the Audi Quattro S1) but a V8 (any V8) has such a deep sound. Especially the SL's.

4. Re: Best sounding car in the world?

The Fiat may sound perfectly OK. But have you ever heard an SL55? The Fiat isn't loud, the SL on the other hand is deaffening. Ever compared your Fiat to a Pagani Zonda? Rev the Zonda and you won't even hear the Fiat anymore.

5. Re: Best sounding car in the world?

I do have to give MB kudos on their exhaust tones. basically all of their 113 V-8's sound awesome. But far as best sounding? I don't know. Off the top of my head, I'd have to say a Mallet 435 Corvette sounds the best. Also, I do love the screams of old Ferrari engines! I do love the sounds of the fuel injected 5.0L and 4.6's of the Mustangs as well.

6. #6 porsche996, Oct 22, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Best sounding car in the world?

i know someone who has got one and it souns soooo great
    i also like the sound of th porsche GT3 RS and the cayenne turbo...
    it just give me goosebumbs

check this out GT3 RS

http://www3.porsche.de/german/deu/home.htm

7. Re: Best sounding car in the world?

This is undoubtedly one of the best sounding engines up to date. However we cannot forget the sound the Murcielago's 6.2 litre V12 makes. Absolutely mind blowing!

8. Re: Best sounding car in the world?

My favs are:

1: Ferrai Enzo
    2: This Smokin' car!
    3: Lamborghini Murcielago

9. Re: Best sounding car in the world?

This car does sound sick. Probably the best sounding car ever made.

10. Re: Best sounding car in the world?

Best sounding car?? I wouldn't say the SL55, although the deep burble from their exhausts just gets me all goosebumpy. In my opinion, the honour goes to the Porsche Carrera GT... just hearing that thing, wow.....

11. Re: Best sounding car in the world?

It depends whether you like the high pitch wail or the deep mumbo. A matter of taste.

12. Re: Best sounding car in the world?

Was just my 2 cents...

13. This car sounds like two grizzly bears having sex!!! And strangely it is a very good thing. Friend of mine has one, rode in it a few times and holy shit.....heres a couple pics of it with another friends Z4. And this 55 AMG is winter driven!!!

14. No, it's not.