Best sports/supercar journalist?

Discussion in 'Car Comparisons' started by slapnutz, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Ok so not technically a car comparison.

Who do you think is the best reviewer when it comes to VIDEO reviews of supercars?

JC, Tiff, Chris Harris, some german dude... list goes on.

ps. by "best" I mean who conveys the properties of the car across to the audience the clearest.

You can put in a second nominee for most entertaining reviewer.

2. Ok so not technically a car comparison.

Who do you think is the best reviewer when it comes to VIDEO reviews of supercars?

JC, Tiff, Chris Harris, some german dude... list goes on.

Your thoughts.

ps. by "best" I mean who conveys the properties of the car across to the audience the clearest.

You can put in a second nominee for most entertaining reviewer.

3. I tend to injoy watching Clarkson's reviews the most. Even though Tiff is the better driver, I think he is kinda boring.

4. I wanna say JC but thats kind of cliche

5. agreed

6. James May, when given free reign, is the best I've seen at conveying the properties of a car. Many journalists, particularly those with racing credentials, get too bogged down in the minutiae of the handling and driving experience - the boot could be a bin trailing out on a string behind the car, and they wouldn't notice until it affected the steering. May isn't like that, and while he can give a decent commentary on driveability, he's great at giving you a more thorough picture. Given the format of Top Gear though he's often hampered by time constraints or having to perform some silly gimmick, which really isn't his style.

I'm a bit cautious about saying anything firm about the Fifth Gear presenters, because Tiff's the only one who ever gets a decent amount of time to deliver a review, and he's given a brief to focus on the driving experience. 5G really, really, REALLY needs to focus on being a roadtest program rather than a general motoring show, covering maybe two or three cars per episode.

7. clarkson, but he'd be nothing with out may and hammond. Worst definatly goes to every writer for consumer reports.

8. Ian Kuah, Sports Car International magazine
    Horst von Saurma-Jeltsch, sport auto magazine

they both really know how to drive sports and race cars, do some benchmark tests, etc ...

since Paul Frere just died, R.I.P.

9. clarkson is certainly the most entertaing but i also like chirs harris's stuff too

10. Clarkson's humor and jokes makes it up with Tiff's racing experience.

11. I like Clarckson for the way he is explaining stuff. Like when he explained the Gearbox in the old Audi TT, he said it was like having a butler waiting to hand over the next gear to you. I also like Jason Plato and Richard Hammond.

12. Jeremy Clarkson or James May.

13. May is the most entertaining one to me

14. cliche or not, i find jeremy clarkson most amusing... closely followed by hammond and may...

15. The Top gear guys offcourse rock and i think Chris Harris is very good too.

16. "ps. by "best" I mean who conveys the properties of the car across to the audience the clearest."

Chris Harris by far. Then Clarkson.

17. Ford / Clarckson

18. May or Harris

Tiff is fun to watch and Clarkson is good to listen too.

19. The Stig

20. JC because he's entertaining.