Better than the McLaren F1?

Discussion in '2000 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Concept' started by dont drink and drive get high and fly home, Mar 27, 2003.

1. Re: Better than the McLaren F1?

GM, Ford and Mopar will Take over the world One day! MWAHAHAH!!!

2. Re: Better than the McLaren F1?

Thats why america hasnt been top of the performance world lately. The japs have been winning and so have the europeans.

3. One car: Ford GT, wait and see the looks on all the other cars when this starts hitting the streets!

4. The McLaren F1 is total ownage over the Camaro on the track (aerodynamics and weight). And I doubt that a car that heavy would accelerate that fast... why do people always compare modified cars to the F1... I'm pretty sure only one car can beat the McLaren, the Dauer 962 (cool car, but F1 is still my favorite).
    I would rather have a Mclaren than this Camaro because of its value, and because of the seating layout, but it costs too much ($890,000)... guess I'll need to find a way to make over a million before I turn 18 three years from now, haha. I think its somewhat possible...

5. "It has 700 horsepower, runs a quartermile in 10.8 seconds, pulls of 1,2 Gs of lateral acceleration, gets a top speed of 208 mph (gearing limiting) and stops from 60 mph in 96 ft."
    I don't think there is any car street legal car in the world besides maybe some homologations, that can stop in 96ft from 60 mph. Just so people who use the metric system know, thats stoping from 96km/h within 28.8 metres.

6. not around the track

7. This is stupid you are compering a Amercan custom car too a European factory car
    You Americans drive around in 500 circles and you call that a race or u drive a 1/4
    Europeans and Japanise make circets with curves this is not compareble

Peece Out

8. P.s
    Did u now that BMW makes the engines for Mclaren F1

9. the Mac would kill this car. And all Cameros Sucks

10. I just love both cars

11. But the Mclaren is a much better car

12. Who the hell ever places a Skyline above a McLaren? Holy shit, who? As good a car as it is, #$%# no it's not the overall best.

As for the topic at hand, no it is NOT better than the F1. Maybe it has faster 0-60 acceleration, but handling, top speed, etc. Come on, get real.

Lastly, for the guys that are outraged at comparing McLaren to a Chevy, grow up. What the hell is wrong with comparing an American car to a European one? It's about the performance, not the quality here for this forum. It's a given that McLaren and other European companies surpass American companies in quality and overall performance. But don't diss American cars like they're total shit. Remember the 1967 Ford GT 40 Mark IV? The 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz? 1969 Chevy Chevelle LS6, 1970 Plymouth Hemi Barracuda, etc etc.

13. The quarter mile roasts the F-1

But around a track, this car wouldn't keep up. Period.

14. Ok, better acceleration, yeah. Higher top speed? "early model F1s"?
    What? This car has it's top speed listed as 230mph.
    Mclaren F1 prototype XP3 reached a speed of 231mph at Nardo on August 8th, 1993, this early car didn't even have a full spec engine, and did the run with only around 580bhp.
    Mclaren F1 prototype XP5 went 240.3mph at Ehra-Lessien on March 31st 1998, with it's rev limiter raised to 8300rpm.

Both of these are faster than the top speed claim for this car, which I would guess is more of an estimate that hasn't even been verified.
    Besides that, I'd much rather be going 230mph in a car that was designed to travel at this speeds from the very start, rather than in an F-body which was never really meant to go over 160mph stock and doesn't have any aerodynamic considerations for 200mph plus.

15. better not always mea fastest most expencive or most exotic but most impotant DURABILITY AND RELIABILITY and thas for sure where the camaro will beat and not only the mac laren but any other especialy european car cuz the european cars are mostly high RPM cars and low torcke and the american cars are high than europeans and low RPM meaning that any super car european will need to do more worck of the engine than a american v8 will need to do the same worck making the american motor last longer and makeing aan american costum car or even a stock or any really moded v8 american engine be an every day going fast or slow or to worck to last way longer than an european car thats why many americans claim that their camaros and vettes are very durable cars coz the engine worck at very low RPM almost all the time something europeans and japs dont and this is the trick of it so beALIVEME THE AMERICAN ENGINES ARE THE BEST ENGINES IN THE WORLD SPECIALLY FOR PUTING LOTS OF MILES ON THEM AND ONE OF THE BEST ENGINES EVER BUILT IN THE WORLD IS THE CHEVY ENGINE SPECIALLY THE SBC OR THE BBC AND NOW THE LS SERIES THIS ARE MIRACLE ENGINES IN EVERY WAY YOU WANT YOU NAME IT AND BEST OF ALL ONE OF THE CHEAPEST ENGINES AND CHEAPEST WAY TO GO FAST WORLDWIDE BUT MACK LAREN IS THE SAME WAY ALWAYS USED BY EUROP TO FOOL PEOPLE OVERPRICED CARS FOR OVER DUMBED PEOPLE LOL LIKE SOME ONE SAYED HERE MC LAREN IS JUST TO SAY I OWN A MC LAREN AND IF YOU PEOPLE THINK THAT IM WRONG THEN WHY THE MC LAREN TEAM USED A BBC AND A ULTIMAGTR BODY TO TEST THE MAKLAREN BEAFORE BUILDING IT AND WHY THE INGLISH PEOPLE TALK BULLSHIT ABOUT AMERICAN CARS IF THEY ARE USING AN LS CHEVY MOTOR MODED BY AMERICAN RACING TO BUILD THE ULTIMAGTR, THAT BEAT THE FERRARY BUNCH OF XXX OF SHUMANGER ,AND THE SERVO DANNISH CAR , THE PLETHORE LC750, THE MUSLER MT99,THE TRANS STAR DRAGEET GT 9.4 LITER BBC ,THE TRIDENT ACENY,THE AERO SSC,THE WEINECK COBBRA,AND SO MANY MORE THAT I HAVE FOUND IN THE INTERNET , ALL OF THE ABOUT MENTIONED CARS INCREIBLY USE THE CHEVY VETTE ENGINE IN MANY DIFERENT CONFIGURATIONS AND OF COURSE PRICES GO FROM 50000 DOLLARS TO 600000 DOLLARS PRETTY CHEAP IF YOU COMPARE TO EUROPEANS NOT GOOD FOR EVERY DAY DRIVING COZ THEY WILL BREAK ,AND HIGHLLY OVER PRICED THEN THE CHEVY SUPERCARS ENGINES ARE A RELLY THE BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK SO IF ANY RICH GUY WHANTS TO SHOW OFF HE CAN BUY A EXPNCIVE EUROPEAN CAR ,BUT IF HE WANTS A CAR FOR EVERY DAY USE AND A LIFE LASTING ENGINE THEN BUY AMERICAN, MI MY SELF I LL DIE WITH AMERICAN ENGINES AND BEALIVE ME I AM AN ARAB GUY FROM PALESTINE THE WEST BANK BUT IM NOT MUSLEM AND IM SUPPOSED TO HATE AMERICA BUT HONOR TO WHOM HONOR DECERVES, YOU KNOW, WHO SAYED LIFE WAS FAIR , LIKE SOME SAY , LIFE IS A BITH AND THEN YOU DIE, FOR THOSE WHO BEALIVED THA IM AN AMERICAN PERSON DEFENDING AMERICAN PRODUCTS , WELL I LIVE REALITY .

16. finally i found some people that undestand matters here and i beat they must be grown guys and they are FEF 84 and Crazy Finn y read their post and of course they coudnt be any more right coz the other guys just gave credits to the laren as cheap publicity and thats what the factory expected the people to fall for and they got it coz that car is nothing but name and fame bull shit prestigie etc etc etc and of sourze a way to sell expencive so camaro all the way