Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

Discussion in '1999 Blitz Skyline GT-R R348' started by M3 ALL THE WAY, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

gemballa all the way...only cause its street legal<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

They probably used a RB26DETT engine but removed the turbos. Could explain the expense of the cars and why there are so few of them.

The Nissan Primera BTCC car used a Nissan Pulsar GTI-R (2.0l SR20DET) engine as a starting point and they tuned it for 300hp. It was NA of course to fit in with BTCC regulations.

---------------------------
    doesn't autech do tuning. i thought that becaues the rb26dett was meant to be boosted the engine was built stronger and more durable. so i would think though the rb26de is a close engine it would be made more for high-revving application than boosting purposes and be weaker.

after all is this not the same thing with the sr20det engine (used in the nissan silvia) and the sr20de (used in the last-gen sentra se-r and infinit G20?)

3. "Porsche 911 Gemballa 650"
    Not much data available for 650 Gemballa, but Gemballa 600 holds the Nurburgring record (7: 32) for street legal car (which includes mods)!! The stats for Gemballa 600 are:
    Power: 600hp
    0-60: 3.4 s
    top speed: 340 kph

Im assuming Gemballa 650 following figures for gemballa 650:
    Power: 650
    0-60: 3.0 s
    top speed: over 350 kph ..

Should be good match, but i would bet on the Gemballa Porsche!!! Dont get me wrong, I love skylines, since i had ride in my friends 215kw GTS-T. I looking forward to buying a grey import for about $18,000 australian (bout $10000 US) !! <!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

I would take the Gemballa only because it took 2.6 bar of boost to get 890bhp from the Blitz Skyline and that is in no way streetable.

5. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from porscheDream</i>
    <b>"Porsche 911 Gemballa 650"
    Not much data available for 650 Gemballa, but Gemballa 600 holds the Nurburgring record (7: 32) for street legal car (which includes mods)!! The stats for Gemballa 600 are:
    Power: 600hp
    0-60: 3.4 s
    top speed: 340 kph

Im assuming Gemballa 650 following figures for gemballa 650:
    Power: 650
    0-60: 3.0 s
    top speed: over 350 kph ..

Should be good match, but i would bet on the Gemballa Porsche!!! Dont get me wrong, I love skylines, since i had ride in my friends 215kw GTS-T. I looking forward to buying a grey import for about $18,000 australian (bout $10000 US) !! </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Where did you get your infor that Porche holds the record? I have read that the Blitz holds the record.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

The Skyline's time was over the shortened Nurburgring circuit..
    I'll try find the link which states the fastest times around Nurburgring track..

Porsche gemballa 600 on this site states:
    "The Gemballa GTR 600 is hands down the top 996 based porsche. How can I say this? On three separate occasions, Gemballa has beat the record for road going supercars around the north circuit of Nurburgring. TechArt have been challenging the record with their 911 based TechArt GT Street for some time.

Just weeks after Gemballa set a 7:44.7 time, TechArt beat the record with a 7:43.4 lap. Not giving up, Gemballa then retuned with thier GTR to take back what was theirs. 7:32.5 was the result which still holds to this day!

The GTR package is based on a Porsche GT3 with a twin turbo upgrade."

Skyline is great, but Porsche is King!!<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

Anyway getting back to poin of this thread.

I would choose and bet the Skyline, just my personaly opinion choice.

But I also have great respect for the porche, it to me is the best sports car that Europe produces for its practicality, sophistication, performance and balance.

One thiing for sure is that these two cars will kick any american crap. Still cant understand why they never stop crapping about their muscle cars.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

the engine is notoriously overbuilt just like the silvia's sr20det(why is the nissan silvia NOT on this site). the skyline is one of my favorite cars but i think that the gemballa 750 would beat this. the 650 might be tied. i agree that hte gt2 is overpriced, but actually there were 700 hp blitz supras that raced at nurburging and while they beat the stock skyline and porsche turbo, they didn't touch the times held by the gt-2 and gt-3. notice how much more horsepower this car needs to beat a car with much less. the handling on this is great but i think t hat if you made porsche carry the same hp levels, it would ultimately win.

the 1300 hp skylines people speak of are not streetable. i dont know where you get that information. last time i checked the top secret skyline and blitz and those 1300 hp skylines rev to 15000 have big single turbos and run on methanol. they are piloted to mid 7 quarter miles nd have top speeds of over 220 mph. but hardly STREETABLE. i'd say the 800-900 range is the pinnacle of where a skyline can be safetly be made streetable.

9. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

There are a lot of stories about Nissan Skyline GT-Rs and Porsche times around Nurburgring.

I had a video of a GRP N Skyline owned by Nissan (not Blitz) doing 8m 14s around the ring in the wet. Now this is no record breaker but in the wet that is pretty quick. Being GRP N as well limits modifications to 1240kg, full interior, 3 inch exhaust, and an after market computer. That said the most power you would really be able to get from a GRP N skyline minus it's restrictor would be around 450hp so again 8m 14s is good if that is the case.

Blitz did run a Supra around the ring in 7m 53s a few years back, I have not heard of Blitz running a Skyline on the ring. Only on the Autobahn where they clocked something like 342.xx kph which is pretty good. Maybe Veilside (another Japanese aftermarket car shop) should take their 1300hp Skyline around the ring that might be pretty quick considering it holds the fastest under 5.0L car in Asia-Pacific title with an average speed over 1 mile of 346kph and the fastest street GT-R in Japan down the quarter with 8.67s passes. This new vielside car beats their old record holder which did 0-300kph in 13.6 secs and ran the quarter in 8.9s.

10. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

The 1300Hp Skylines would be very impressive in a drag race. But on the track they wont perform too well.. require even bigger brakes etc etc.. <!-- Signature -->

11. #11 Godspd, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from porscheDream</i>
    <b>The Skyline's time was over the shortened Nurburgring circuit..
    I'll try find the link which states the fastest times around Nurburgring track..

Porsche gemballa 600 on this site states:
    "The Gemballa GTR 600 is hands down the top 996 based porsche. How can I say this? On three separate occasions, Gemballa has beat the record for road going supercars around the north circuit of Nurburgring. TechArt have been challenging the record with their 911 based TechArt GT Street for some time.

Just weeks after Gemballa set a 7:44.7 time, TechArt beat the record with a 7:43.4 lap. Not giving up, Gemballa then retuned with thier GTR to take back what was theirs. 7:32.5 was the result which still holds to this day!

The GTR package is based on a Porsche GT3 with a twin turbo upgrade."

Skyline is great, but Porsche is King!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Well please explain this link www.Blitz-na.com <!-- Signature -->

12. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

BTW.

As far I know and have read in "Motor Magazine" they mentioned that Dirk "the Ring Master" Schoysman punted a r33 UNMODIFIED around the Nurburring in 7 min 59 sec.

How fast does a unmoded porche do around the Nurburgring?<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

7 min 52 for a base porsche gt3...
    unmodified..
    <!-- Signature -->

14. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BugattiEB110SS</i>
    <b>I would take the Gemballa only because it took 2.6 bar of boost to get 890bhp from the Blitz Skyline and that is in no way streetable. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Yeah, id have to go the porsche too. That thing has awesome performance and it handles beaitifly, i dont reckon the blitz skyline would handle all that well. But there is one car that could beat em both. The Porsche Gemballa GTR 750 Evo. This beast has 754 bhp and has a top speed of over 350 kmh!!! It hasn't been taken around the ring yet, but im betting it would beat the record easy.<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from slim_jim</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BugattiEB110SS</i>
    <b>I would take the Gemballa only because it took 2.6 bar of boost to get 890bhp from the Blitz Skyline and that is in no way streetable. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Yeah, id have to go the porsche too. That thing has awesome performance and it handles beaitifly, i dont reckon the blitz skyline would handle all that well. But there is one car that could beat em both. The Porsche Gemballa GTR 750 Evo. This beast has 754 bhp and has a top speed of over 350 kmh!!! It hasn't been taken around the ring yet, but im betting it would beat the record easy.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Hmmm..in terms off handling I would honestly think that a GTR is up there if not better than a porsche. Motor mags I have read have quoted that the GTR N1 II as having performance just as good as a prosche 911 turbo and handling just as good but at more than half the price. Also one article a guy having owned porches and ferrari's ditched them both for a personally modded 600 kW GTR R33 beast. And in the article they stated that give this guy 2 minutes and he will convince you that the porche GT2 is hidiously over priced and also has no where as near the tunning potential of the GTR.<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

Yeah, i guess ur right bout the handling, but the gemballa isnt stock (obviously) and it handles even better than the carrera, turbo, and gt2, but then the blitz is modified too. But i still rekon the gemballa GTR 750 would kick both of their arses.

here are some pics of the GTR 750. <!-- Signature -->

17. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

DAMN !! The 750 gemballa is NICE!!! I agree modded Skylines can beat STOCK Ferrari's, Porsches etc.. but not this modified Porsche. Apprantely this Skyline ( R348) is named because of its top speed (348 kph), and was developed to beat the gemballa 600. On track porsche 650 and 750 would beat it.. straight line drag would be close<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

oopps i meant 750 GTR not 750 Gemballa... Btw Gemballa also tunes lambo's etc.. There's a Gemballa lamborghini with top speed of 410 kph.<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

CAN anyone tell me ~why the (RB26DETT) can put out so much power???~
    why is it( The world famous Skyline engine. Known for near endless upgradability to easily handle more horsepower.)??????
    what makes this I6 engine so special????~~<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from izemyunche</i>
    <b>CAN anyone tell me ~why the (RB26DETT) can put out so much power???~
    why is it( The world famous Skyline engine. Known for near endless upgradability to easily handle more horsepower.)??????
    what makes this I6 engine so special????~~</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Hmmm, technically you would need to ask the designers of the engine in Japan. But from reading magazines, its just built very strongly internally plus its got a very simple but fundamental engine design with a great bore to stroke ratio.

I guess the enginers at Nissan might of hit the nail on the right spot, as these things do happen in automotive engineering.

But yes as to its tunning potential, possibly no other production engine can match it.<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

The Skyline engine is good, has the ability to handle lots of power.. but what makes the power... Its the turbocharger.
    Imagine tuning a non-turbo Skyline! The base inline 6 engine wont produce much (relative to a turbo Skyline)!!

The skyline engine bay is big, can easily put a larger intercooler, get better exhausts (to reduce back pressure etc), get a computer chip for better engine/fuel management, and u'll have around 500 hp Skyline(depending on the parts)..
    Porsches can also be easily modified (turbos), but most ppl dont because the base car is expensive and who would want to compromise the state of the art dynamics of a porsche!!

<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

<b>The Skyline engine is good, has the ability to handle lots of power.. but what makes the power... Its the turbocharger.
    Imagine tuning a non-turbo Skyline! The base inline 6 engine wont produce much (relative to a turbo Skyline)!!

The skyline engine bay is big, can easily put a larger intercooler, get better exhausts (to reduce back pressure etc), get a computer chip for better engine/fuel management, and u'll have around 500 hp Skyline(depending on the parts)..
    Porsches can also be easily modified (turbos), but most ppl dont because the base car is expensive and who would want to compromise the state of the art dynamics of a porsche!!

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

But in terms of tunnabitity of an engine it is well know by many around the world, that the RB26DTT is the most tunnable engine there is. I dont think the porche can match it as getting that amount of power in a Nissan GTR with only minor modifications and without changin any internals of the engine. I guess thats why it so popular amongst the new generation, as tunning is the only way to go. Like I stated previosly one can tune a Nissan GTR and have enough performance to eat a Porsche GT2 for any meal of the day and have enough change left to buy 2 brand new Nissan GTRs.<!-- Signature -->

23. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from blaze4eva</i>
    <b>the engine is notoriously overbuilt just like the silvia's sr20det(why is the nissan silvia NOT on this site). the skyline is one of my favorite cars but i think that the gemballa 750 would beat this. the 650 might be tied. i agree that hte gt2 is overpriced, but actually there were 700 hp blitz supras that raced at nurburging and while they beat the stock skyline and porsche turbo, they didn't touch the times held by the gt-2 and gt-3. notice how much more horsepower this car needs to beat a car with much less. the handling on this is great but i think t hat if you made porsche carry the same hp levels, it would ultimately win.

the 1300 hp skylines people speak of are not streetable. i dont know where you get that information. last time i checked the top secret skyline and blitz and those 1300 hp skylines rev to 15000 have big single turbos and run on methanol. they are piloted to mid 7 quarter miles nd have top speeds of over 220 mph. but hardly STREETABLE. i'd say the 800-900 range is the pinnacle of where a skyline can be safetly be made streetable.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

All can say is that the Nissan GTR R32 is well know around the world (on many sites)was the first 'production' car to set a although unofficial lap record at Nurburgring in the early ninties. Thats quite a achivement given the fact porche came back to break some records only recently.<!-- Signature -->

24. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

Yes the Skyline GTR did do a unofficial 7min 58' run at Nurburgring. It was a soon to be production model (in 1995 ie. r33 not r32). The car was still in production stage BUT it wasnt a production model. Further to that, noone knows how much turbo boost that skyline ran.

I dont mean to diss the skyline, i know in pure stock form the car can run 450hp, and it has great racing ability... Its a great car. It was developed to win races and it did/does that!!!

If I had the money money I would buy both!! If i could only choose one it would be the porsche (gemballa evo 750!!!!)<!-- Signature -->

25. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

<b>Yes the Skyline GTR did do a unofficial 7min 58' run at Nurburgring. It was a soon to be production model (in 1995 ie. r33 not r32). The car was still in production stage BUT it wasnt a production model. Further to that, noone knows how much turbo boost that skyline ran.

I dont mean to diss the skyline, i know in pure stock form the car can run 450hp, and it has great racing ability... Its a great car. It was developed to win races and it did/does that!!!

If I had the money money I would buy both!! If i could only choose one it would be the porsche (gemballa evo 750!!!!)</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Are you sure it was the R33 and not the R32. I believe I read somewhere on the UK gtr site about the R32 being the first to set an unoffical production car record. I will need to revisit that site and check my sources.<!-- Signature -->