Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

Discussion in '1999 Blitz Skyline GT-R R348' started by M3 ALL THE WAY, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

Yeah, im quite sure it was the R33.. mainly because that car was a pre-production car. The car ran that time in 1994/95, just before r33 came out as a production car.
    Btw, theres a 1300hp Porsche, modified by a swedish guy.. I'm trying to find more info about that beast!
    What would you rather have, a supra or skyline (thats a much better comparison).. I would go for the Skyline!!!<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from porscheDream</i>
    <b>The Skyline engine is good, has the ability to handle lots of power.. but what makes the power... Its the turbocharger.
    Imagine tuning a non-turbo Skyline! The base inline 6 engine wont produce much (relative to a turbo Skyline)!!

The skyline engine bay is big, can easily put a larger intercooler, get better exhausts (to reduce back pressure etc), get a computer chip for better engine/fuel management, and u'll have around 500 hp Skyline(depending on the parts)..
    Porsches can also be easily modified (turbos), but most ppl dont because the base car is expensive and who would want to compromise the state of the art dynamics of a porsche!!

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The RB26DE makes 260 HP. Exact same engine without the turbos...it was used in the Autech R32 GTR. 260HP from a 2.6L, by simple comparison, would be the same as 520HP from a 5.2L...although with a larger diplacement, you have a smaller percentage of air flow losses, allowing more air....and more power.

3. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BoredUpR32</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from porscheDream</i>
    <b>The Skyline engine is good, has the ability to handle lots of power.. but what makes the power... Its the turbocharger.
    Imagine tuning a non-turbo Skyline! The base inline 6 engine wont produce much (relative to a turbo Skyline)!!

The skyline engine bay is big, can easily put a larger intercooler, get better exhausts (to reduce back pressure etc), get a computer chip for better engine/fuel management, and u'll have around 500 hp Skyline(depending on the parts)..
    Porsches can also be easily modified (turbos), but most ppl dont because the base car is expensive and who would want to compromise the state of the art dynamics of a porsche!!

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The RB26DE makes 260 HP. Exact same engine without the turbos...it was used in the Autech R32 GTR. 260HP from a 2.6L, by simple comparison, would be the same as 520HP from a 5.2L...although with a larger diplacement, you have a smaller percentage of air flow losses, allowing more air....and more power.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END
    QUOTE -->

Autech Non tourbo GTR, hmmm..interesting never heard of it. The only Autech GTR I know off is the 4 door special edition built for the R33.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

The R33 Autech came with the RB26DETT. The R32 Autech is the only car they used the RB26DE in...and they made very few (single digits)...5 or 6. They're all on display in various parts of Japan. VERY EXPENSIVE. There are a few R33's driving around. I've seen one white Autech R33 here in Kurihama, and a gunmetal in Tokyo. I've got a picture of the Autech R32....when I get home, I'll scan it in.

5. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BoredUpR32</i>
    <b>The R33 Autech came with the RB26DETT. The R32 Autech is the only car they used the RB26DE in...and they made very few (single digits)...5 or 6. They're all on display in various parts of Japan. VERY EXPENSIVE. There are a few R33's driving around. I've seen one white Autech R33 here in Kurihama, and a gunmetal in Tokyo. I've got a picture of the Autech R32....when I get home, I'll scan it in.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Cool.

Kurihama, where is that dude?<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

question:

doesn't autech do tuning. i thought that becaues the rb26dett was meant to be boosted the engine was built stronger and more durable. so i would think though the rb26de is a close engine it would be made more for high-revving application than boosting purposes and be weaker.

after all is this not the same thing with the sr20det engine (used in the nissan silvia) and the sr20de (used in the last-gen sentra se-r and infinit G20?)

7. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

couldnt' you do this yourself. i mean it isn't that hard to remove the stock twin turbo system off of a car.

8. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

A stock RB26 engine can't handle big power on stock internals like the Supra 2JZ can, Top Secret in japan says the stock Rb26 can't handle more than maybe 600bhp. Stock Porsche engines can handle well over 600. The lap Record for the nurburgring is now held by the Techart GT Street with a lap time of 7 mins. and 26 secs. RB26 is a great engine for high revving but if you want all out horsepower the toyota 2JZ-GTE is the ultimate, it has forged steel everything and it even has 6 bolt mains, it is a tough, tough engine. The GTR 750 is going to be the Ultimate Porsche hands down, 0 to 60 in less than 3, great lap records, great top speed, probably good street manners, I'll take 3!

9. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

hey direct me to this techart street. i thought the nurburging track record for modified car was held by the blitz supra.

as to modifiablility, i've read that hte newer rb26dett n1 spec can handle in the 700-800 hp range. i wont dispute the supra engine strength, but that's just a comment.

10. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

Autech is a company that does tuning, but in terms of the Autech Skylines, we're talking about a different animal. They are factory produced vehicles....not aftermarket. The cars that wear that badge are a couple R32's, R33's, and a few Stagea's (Nissan station wagons with the RB26DETT engine and drivetrain.)

Tuners in Japan say the 2JZ and the RB26DETT are on equal levels. Motorex in the U.S. tuned a stock engine to more than 600 at the wheels...which is over 700 at the crank....

Top Secret has driven one of their 1050+ HP GTR's down to Daikoku, so I know they are street driven. There is also a White R33 in Atsugi with over 800 HP to the wheels...and he drives his to work everyday. So it's definately doable.....

11. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

those cars do not operate at 800 or 1000 hp at all times. they all use boost controllers to keep boost at more moderate levels. it is impossible to set that much torque to the tarmac without destoying a good set of street tires. so if that's what you mean yes. but of courese these engines are extrmely strong.

12. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

those cars do not operate at 800 or 1000 hp at all times. they all use boost controllers to keep boost at more moderate levels. it is impossible to set that much torque to the tarmac without destoying a good set of street tires. so if that's what you mean yes. but of courese these engines are extrmely strong.

13. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

Given a budget and crew and setup cost, it would be very iinteresting to get these highly tunned road legal GTR's from Japan for a run at Nurburgring. I am sure it would come close to shamming the Porsche Gambella GTR's.<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

i pick the skyline!<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

10,000 us dollars wont even get u a salvage skyline [hit really bad]
    skylines are really expensive, in us dollars they are about 80,000 for the cheapest and 120,000 for teh best.

16. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

ok
    well i think the porsche would win based on power to weight ratio

17. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

Skyline may has more power, but Porsche Gerballa 650 will kill it by superior handling and brakes!

18. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

he's right. 750 horsepower supras built for handling have been put to shame by STOCK gt-2's and gt-3's which each sport about 250 less horsepower. the nurburging is not your traditional track, since it testes not only quick response handling ,but also brakes durability, a variety of road conditions as well as eleveaton changes, sudden curves, and uneven roads. it is the ultimate test of handling and suspension tuning. sometimes an excess of horsepower is not so great on such tracks.

by comparison, f1 cars can run such times in the 1 minute ranges. heheh

19. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

ok boys and girlz my turn...u listen! the skyline will destroy any car,like godspd said its the potential of this car...
    It dont matta if the porsche can have more power at lower boost thats only because porsches have bigger engines...makes sense right?
    This car has NO LAG at all - you get the boost from the beginning meaning u can rip through the gears with no worry about turbo lag...and then the intelligent AWD system to ensure al the power is put down on the track...remember when they had to change ruls in practically all the australian rallies...this car even ate th mud on the tracks!!!

20. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

your a #$%#ing moron. shut up and dont talk. you obviously know nothing about cars at all. everything i mean EVERYTHING wrong with your statement goes as follows:

1) you imply that the porsche is somehow more inefficient or some shit like that. i respect the skyline a great deal, it is a very good car, but dont hate on the king of nurburging. the porsche's engine is by no means large (its only 3.6L). its estimated load of horsepower runing on stock block internals is currently estimated to be around 700-800 horsepower, not far from th estimate that top secret places on teh supra and skyline running boost on stock block internals (about 700-800) reliably. obviously we've seen 1000 horsepower skylines that run on stock blocks, but top secret said RELIABLY.

2) you mention that the skyline has no problems with turbo lag. while that's true with the STOCK SKYLINE (ceramic turbines/floating ball bearing center) THIS ISN"T TRUE WITH THE BLITZ R348 SKYLINE. this thing probably uses a gigantic or medium sized turbo (i'm thikning HKS 3037 twins, or a T-78 or T-88 or something along those lines). turbo lag has to do primarily with engine size, turbine/compressor sizing and if you notice the engine is small and the turbo is extremely large. that makes for lag!

3) the skyline isn't used for rallying. perhaps occasionally, but i haven't seen the skyline rallying. the aussie race your mentioning was a nascar-type sport that the gtr dominated in before being kicked out for 'rules violations'

4) in road racing skylines the 'intelligent awd' is kicked out. in drag racing it is booted as well. why? because its not quick enough to deliver the giant amounts of torque to the wheels quick enough. many of these cars get rid of the awd setup entirely to conserve weight and trade it off for he flexibiliy of a rwd car OR use a electronic static control system which permanently splits torque front/rear in a 60/40 ratio.

5) its a very well known fact that porsche dominates the nurburging at the stock and modified level.

21. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

I hear that the supra can only handle 550 on internals. the skyline is easily 650. Anyone know what the 300zxTT can handle? I'm looking to get one.

22. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

page 4= owned

23. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

Gemballa 650

24. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

Hey i do know what can beat an Porsche Gemballa 650 an Honda Nsx-R bone stock proven in a video i just downloaded from kazaa, just look up"Best Motoring video" it should say supercars race...

25. Re: Blitz GTR vs Porsche Gemballa 650

Blitz