Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

Discussion in '1999 Blitz Skyline GT-R R348' started by 2003 ss R, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Godspd</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Will938</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Godspd</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from blaze4eva</i>
    <b>the c5-r is a car built for le mans. if your comparing a tuner car to a le mans model then that's kinda sad...for the le mans model. the c5r is a good car but this thing is street legal. i can't say the same for the c5r. and wtf. a computer model that can calculate them around a track. funny. show me the computer model and how it works.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Well spoken blaze4eva....

Thats right the C5-R is a Le Mans cars in that chase lets compare it to the Nissan R390 GT1 or the NP35. Game on!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Your saying that it's sad to compare a car thats only parameter is to be street legal to a lemans car?

I already told you what it was and how it worked.

Actually you can choose driving style too.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

So like I said do a comparison of Le mans car vs Le mans car. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Well then give me a car to compare.

2. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

4wheel drive supremacy~!! come on boys if your talkin about handling the skyline hands down would decimate the c5r. and the fact that the c5r is a lemans car and the blitz is a hmmm A MONSTER!! the skyline is known for its great handling and its awesome 4wheel drive system. the super hicas system. heres a little dackground information on it.

"However, Nissan Skyline GT-R still proves that 4WS is worthy for demanding driving. Aided by computer, its Super HICAS system enable tightly-controlled power slide that cannot be implemented by any alternatives. When attacking a corner, the rear wheels will steer in reverse first in order to sharpen the initial steering response. Then, when sensors sense that the car responds to steering, the rear wheels will steer in the same direction as the front wheels, thus immediately introduces rear-tyre slip which help adjusting the attacking angle. Since the computer is monitoring the whole process, the amount of oversteering is always under check. You need not to be afraid of losing control."

oh yah i think that "computer test drive program" that guy was talkin about is gran turismo3 haha with a fully modded skyline and the c5r they have in there. kidz these dayz.

how can you compare these 2 cars together? the c5r isnt in this cars class. v6 850hp against a v8 600hp? a corvette isnt really known for its handling while the skylines are made for tracks and this one is made for both. how can this thing be stopped? <!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

oh yah do i have to mention that this thing is a boat~!! 3397lbs and going 0-60 in 3seconds!!! and the corvette 2511lbs running 3.1 0-60? omg another reason why this things kills. if this thing wanted to race lemans it would go way faster and run way smoother and handle a hell of a lot better then it already is<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from icedupracing</i>
    <b>4wheel drive supremacy~!! come on boys if your talkin about handling the skyline hands down would decimate the c5r. and the fact that the c5r is a lemans car and the blitz is a hmmm A MONSTER!! the skyline is known for its great handling and its awesome 4wheel drive system. the super hicas system. heres a little dackground information on it.

"However, Nissan Skyline GT-R still proves that 4WS is worthy for demanding driving. Aided by computer, its Super HICAS system enable tightly-controlled power slide that cannot be implemented by any alternatives. When attacking a corner, the rear wheels will steer in reverse first in order to sharpen the initial steering response. Then, when sensors sense that the car responds to steering, the rear wheels will steer in the same direction as the front wheels, thus immediately introduces rear-tyre slip which help adjusting the attacking angle. Since the computer is monitoring the whole process, the amount of oversteering is always under check. You need not to be afraid of losing control."

oh yah i think that "computer test drive program" that guy was talkin about is gran turismo3 haha with a fully modded skyline and the c5r they have in there. kidz these dayz.

how can you compare these 2 cars together? the c5r isnt in this cars class. v6 850hp against a v8 600hp? a corvette isnt really known for its handling while the skylines are made for tracks and this one is made for both. how can this thing be stopped? </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

First off with the GT3 comment, I find that people who use that for an excuse are usually the kids playing the game.

2nd, your a #$%#in idiot. The 0-60 is faster for the Blitz because...it's 4WD! It can handle very well, but it weighs about 900 lb. more than the C5R, ever occur to you that weight might have something to do with a cars handling? Corvette not known for handling? Son how do you think it keeps up with a Modena and beats a 911 Turbo?

The C5R is infact a Lemans car, it should handle better. As I've said before and what should be obvious is that the Blitz is faster in the straights while the C5R takes any corner better.

5. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from camaro</i>
    <b>It sure is funny watching you japanese car lovers try to make an excuse the c5-r is able to keep up with this in evry way. It has just as good of handleing if not better than this and it's faster. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    It sure is funny that u muscle car lovers can't hack losing to gook mobiles and think about it the corvette is rear wheel drive which means there is alot of oversteer so i think the AWD system in the gtr will handle far better making the steering a perfect balance ,also gtr's are one of the best handling cars in the world with the mitsubishi Evo 6 as the best handling car in the world<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

Blitz Skyline for sure...<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from GrandTurismo</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from camaro</i>
    <b>It sure is funny watching you japanese car lovers try to make an excuse the c5-r is able to keep up with this in evry way. It has just as good of handleing if not better than this and it's faster. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    It sure is funny that u muscle car lovers can't hack losing to gook mobiles and think about it the corvette is rear wheel drive which means there is alot of oversteer so i think the AWD system in the gtr will handle far better making the steering a perfect balance ,also gtr's are one of the best handling cars in the world with the mitsubishi Evo 6 as the best handling car in the world</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Seemed to work pretty well for the corvette when it won its class in Lemans.

8. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Godspd</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Will938</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Godspd</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from blaze4eva</i>
    <b>the c5-r is a car built for le mans. if your comparing a tuner car to a le mans model then that's kinda sad...for the le mans model. the c5r is a good car but this thing is street legal. i can't say the same for the c5r. and wtf. a computer model that can calculate them around a track. funny. show me the computer model and how it works.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Well spoken blaze4eva....

Thats right the C5-R is a Le Mans cars in that chase lets compare it to the Nissan R390 GT1 or the NP35. Game on!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Your saying that it's sad to compare a car thats only parameter is to be street legal to a lemans car?

I already told you what it was and how it worked.

Actually you can choose driving style too.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

So like I said do a comparison of Le mans car vs Le mans car. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Well then give me a car to compare.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

If you actually read all of my post, and that being a short one. You will see I already stated which cars by Nissan should be compard to.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Ok, I didn't see that, sorry. Ok, I couldn't find enough stats on the NP35 to compare it to the C5R. I did compare the the R390, but the C5R won by .4 seconds which is too close for me to say that the program wasn't at fault for the win so just leave it at the two cars are almost equal.

9. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

i dont believe that a r390 would be beaten by a corvette c5r. its a gt-1 car. its superior to a gts class car period. o yea to the person supporting japanese cars, the corvette IS known for its handling. perhaps not like the old muscle car types but the current corvette is regarded as a very well handling car, though its engine could use some modern touches. anyways my whole point is that you shouldn't compare the two cars because the skyline was never raced in lemans. the skyline is considered to be a very well handling car because it allows flexibility of cars unlike most traditional awd cars which are usually grippy and lack a lot of flexibility to go into oversteer or drift or what not. i wouldn't have a hard time belive the c5r beating the r348 skyline but remember its not prepped for lemans.

like i said before where is this computer thing? actually guys it would be possible to make a GENERAL assessment based upon A LOT OF information. but unless you know how its programmed and can confirm its accuracy this is very hard to do...i have an engine that can come pretty close in predicting drag races...

anyways you gave the example with the modena and m3. the m3 is pretty even with teh z06 if you ask me and besides this wouldn't even fall in the parameters that i gave because their both production models. all i said is because

1) blitz r348 is a one off project
    2) c5r yes it costs 250k. but dont count out the hours and research and things that went into it.
    3) i think it somewhat cheapens the level of performance for the c5r.

NOTE: the skyline has never been raced in lemans. the supra and nsx has. i personally do not think the skyline would do that well despite it being a good car. the nsx did place 1st in the gt2 category some time ago, however the supra placed a mere 14th which isn't that great. the skyline would remember be limited to horsepower by rules so i doubt that since nissan basically doesn't race it in any type of road racing things besides jgtc and drag racing i believe that there must be some problems with it. its a GOOD CAR I LIKE JAP CARS. but it has its limits.

10. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from blaze4eva</i>
    <b>i dont believe that a r390 would be beaten by a corvette c5r. its a gt-1 car. its superior to a gts class car period. o yea to the person supporting japanese cars, the corvette IS known for its handling. perhaps not like the old muscle car types but the current corvette is regarded as a very well handling car, though its engine could use some modern touches. anyways my whole point is that you shouldn't compare the two cars because the skyline was never raced in lemans. the skyline is considered to be a very well handling car because it allows flexibility of cars unlike most traditional awd cars which are usually grippy and lack a lot of flexibility to go into oversteer or drift or what not. i wouldn't have a hard time belive the c5r beating the r348 skyline but remember its not prepped for lemans.

like i said before where is this computer thing? actually guys it would be possible to make a GENERAL assessment based upon A LOT OF information. but unless you know how its programmed and can confirm its accuracy this is very hard to do...i have an engine that can come pretty close in predicting drag races...

anyways you gave the example with the modena and m3. the m3 is pretty even with teh z06 if you ask me and besides this wouldn't even fall in the parameters that i gave because their both production models. all i said is because

1) blitz r348 is a one off project
    2) c5r yes it costs 250k. but dont count out the hours and research and things that went into it.
    3) i think it somewhat cheapens the level of performance for the c5r.

NOTE: the skyline has never been raced in lemans. the supra and nsx has. i personally do not think the skyline would do that well despite it being a good car. the nsx did place 1st in the gt2 category some time ago, however the supra placed a mere 14th which isn't that great. the skyline would remember be limited to horsepower by rules so i doubt that since nissan basically doesn't race it in any type of road racing things besides jgtc and drag racing i believe that there must be some problems with it. its a GOOD CAR I LIKE JAP CARS. but it has its limits.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

What you mean by road racing? the R32 SKyline won the Spa 24 hour in 1991 in the Europena GT championships, is that not road racing?<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

umm, what about brakes?, vented discs, cross drilled discs, water cooled calipers, male/female gear change techniques (hehe had to say that, just being silly), driver weight, steering locks, camber, castor, part time computer controlled 4wd system, full time 4wd system, BOOST LEVEL, intercooler water spray, etc

I have used that prorgam and the only thing it is really good for it calculating gear ratios and top speeds.

Sr20det
    ---------------------------------------

Will938
    Too many to really want to try and find so I'll list the problems I've found with it through my use, and some parameters.

Called "Car Stats" only problems I've found is that it doesn't let you use slicks and it can't accuratly measure MPG.

Some parameters are: Weight, hp/torque/rpm's, displacement, turbo/NA/super, all gear ratios, clutch type, weight on front wheels, wheelbase, tire width, tire profile, drag co-efficient, height, width, ground clearance, air temp., baromic pressure, humidity, elevation, head/tail wind, road grade, shift times, engage times, redlines, driving wheels, engine location, and compression ratio. Thats all I can think of right now.

12. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

That's hilarious! Where did you get that price for the Corvette C5-R? Because in Gran Turismo 3, you can sell it for exactly $250,000.... Does anyone in here but him actually believe that a LeMans car, with all of the testing, research, and engineering would only cost a total of $250,000? PS. The racing car prices in GT3 are completely inaccurate, obviously. A Formula 1 car in real life costs $250,000,000 each, I am not BSing. There is so much research that goes into these cars and design. I have heard this straight from a Formula 1 engineer.

13. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

very hard choice.

Altough I love the Skylines , I think the C5-R is faster.<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

i have a similar engineering program. it is called Car Test 4.5. you cand download it off various sites. there are hundreds and hundreds of parameters for the program. download the program. the skyline cannot touch the c5-r on any track that i have ran them on. An i belive with the right signals and lights the c5-r would be street legal. that is one of the GTS class specification in grand Am racing.

15. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

ah ic. engineering program. i agree the c5r would beat it considering its dominating the gts class so far.

a BETTER comparison would be that of one of hte ultra-advanced r-34 skylines raced in the jgtc 500 (castrol r-34, arias zexel, calsonic) and put it up against a c5r.

if i'm not mistaken i think a skyline was raced in lemans. i dont know how it did though.

16. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

yes that would be a good race.

17. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

how can you be so ignorant. are you actually a mechanic in the corvette c5r pit. have you ever driven a c5r and a saleen s7r. if you havent, then how would you know that the corvette handles better without actually doing so and n e way if it does handle that good, that would be no real advantage on the lemans track because the track is 8 and a 1/2 miles of #$%#ing long ass straights. and on another note, ofcourse the c5r would beat the skyline but only on the racetrack. it will lose to the skyline in the 1/4 mile because the last time i checked, the corvette c5r had a 0-60 time of 3.5secs. so where did you get this 3.1 secs from and n e way this is the dumbest topic ever. how in the hell do you compare a street legal tuned car to a lemans racer. what the hell are you thinking. why dont you put your beloved c5r in the jgtc and see how good it does against cars like the calsonic skylines, pennzoil nismos, denso sard supras, castrol supras, raybrig nsxs, etc etc. thatll put some fire under ya ass.

18. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

yah you see i already brought that up. by the way were were talking about ALMS, not Lemans. its not 81/2 miles of staright line acceleration buddy. if that were true then it would just be a big drag race.

anyhow the c5r is doing really well.

19. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

different cars difficult choise i thing the c5r is faster but i like skyline better (hell you can drive it anywhere)

20. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

They make a street legal version of the c5r.

21. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

man, u're a freaking idiot to compare a non street legal race car with a tuned street legal car. that would be the same thing if i'm comparing the Z06 to a JGTC skyline gt-r. in both cases, the race cars will win hands down.

22. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

Hope your not talking to me, I didn't start this. I merely pointed out facts of both. Besides, GM sells street legal versions of the c5r. I don't know where I saw it, but they had one in grey.

23. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

you dont seem to be compitent enough to see what i worte guy. if you would have took the time and some time and read it you would have realized that i said that if it was the lemans track the corvette would have probably lost because its top end is not as high as the gtr's and that fully because the corvette was not made to be the fastest car on the the street, it was made to be the fastest around the track, well at least in it class, but the gtr was made to be one of the fastest street car out there. please before you come back at me, read everything entirely. dont be on no kiddie shit. this is grown man b.i.

24. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

Will938, i'm talking to the guy that started the post. a tuner car should be compared to another tuner car and not a race car. it's ludicrous to compare a race car to a road car. period.

25. Re: Blitz skyline vs. corvette c5-r

i haven't heard of any street going c5r's. the only ones i've heard of are the viper gtsr's. if there is a street legal version, it would be far from the race car as far as performance go. it will not have the 600 or so hp like the race car. it would not have the weight savings either.