"Blue Devil": The Modern L88?

Discussion in '1968 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray L88 Coupe' started by YSSMAN, Jul 30, 2004.

1. Well, the question is still up in the air...Is the Blue Devil really any closer to production than we think? According to Motor Trend, yes, and no. There have been development mules, mostly being pre-production Z06s, but nothing has been confirmed nor denied. I guess some of the guys at GM have been working on it for years, most likely with a 6.0 LS2 bored out to 7.0 to make a new 427ci engine. Assuming it is close to the current LS1-based 427 used in special eddition Camaro SS' and Vettes, it should produce 600HP and 575ft-lbs of torque.

Could it be the ultimate GT / SRT/10 Killer that Chevrolet fans have been waiting for? In the article, the GM guys said that "They wouldnt need 600HP to put a GT back on the trailer"...Leading me to belive that the Z06 would be equipped with 500HP, and be much closer to GT territory than the old Viper battleground.

Either way, it is great seeing these cars having a good-ol horsepower war again.

2. Re:

I just got the latest Motor Trend issue yesterday with the article about the Blue Devil in it. I thought they said that it would produce 700 horsepower. Anyway, if it does get produced, it'll be a Bad Ass car to cruise around in, and come out just in time to square off aginst the new Nissan Skyline GTR which is do out about that same time period.