Bmw 1 series Coupe fully uncovered

Discussion in 'European Cars' started by 993turbo, Jun 27, 2007.

1. #1 993turbo, Jun 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  2. The front bumper isn't the best, nor the rear lights. The rest is awesome. Besides, I'm sure it will handle much better than it looks.

3. I wonder if this is just going to steal sales away from the 3-Series?

4. Will there be an M car in this body?

5. I think not, 130 is as far as they go

6. That is if they don't introduce the 3-litre biturbo engine from the 335i. Which I hope they do. Which I really really hope they do.

7. I think they are planning on doing that instead of giving it an M badge.

8. This is probably as close to a modern 2002 as we're going to get.

9. I'm looking forward to that

10. I still have my doubts they'r gonna do a 135i, but if they do it it's gonna be pretty mad.

11. hot
    hot

rrrrr

hot

12. I like it.

13. no.. plz hot no, it's goofy

14. Im not quite sure what it is, but this car looks horribly off somehow.

15. pretty damn ugly.

17. wont sell in the uk i know that. are they gunna make a cabrio or cc version?

18. The front is sufferable the rear is old scule (the light treatment) but the middle of the car the sidepanels look horribly off. It looks like they took the doors straight off the Z4.

19. I like the new sporthatch better. Actually,I want to buy one.

20. Car And Driver - The HOT List

2008 BMW 135i Coupe

What it is:
    After learning the hard way that Americans don't want a hatchback BMW at any price, BMW is bringing over a coupe version of the diminutive 1-Series.

Why it's important:
    The 1-series coupe will be BMW's entry level model, bringing six-cylinder refinement and rear drive to a primarily front frive segment. Also the 300-hp 135i will be quick enough to be regarded as an M1, although BMW won't call it that.

Platform:
    Based on the previous-generation 3 series (e46)

Powertrain:
    The base engine will be the 230hp version of BMW's 3.0 Liter six you'll find in the 328i, but the more sporting version will be the 135i. Packing a 300hp twin turbo inline-six. the 135i will weigh 300 fewer pouns than the 335i and will have a better power-to-weight ratio than the last M3. A 135i should be able to sprint from 0 to 60 mph in about 4.5 seconds. Six speed manual and automatic transmissions will be available.

21. what? isn't it based on 1 series platform?

22. If bmw make a CC the world will end as soon as the first one get out of the assembly line.

23. so the world would already have been ended

24. ?