BMW 850 i vs. Ferrari 456gt;Jaguar XKR;aston martin v12 vanquish

Discussion in '1994 BMW 850 CSi' started by Juancho, Aug 9, 2002.

1. ¿Could Bmw e31 850 csi compete against these cars?
    BMW 850 csi VS:
    Aston martin v12 vanquish
    Ferrari 456 gt
    Jaguar XKR
    mercedes benz SL(or CL)600
    1993 chevy corvette zr1
    Porsche 911 gt2
    1999 ford mustang cobra R
    Nissan skyline r34 gtr

2. Re: BMW 850 i vs. Ferrari 456gt;Jaguar XKR;aston martin v12 vanq

What a terrible comparison! None of those cars, except the Jag and the Merc ever competed with this car; most aren't even from the same era! No one would be deciding between this and a V12 Vanquish! That's like saying, "should I get this Bentley Arnage T or the '98 S500?" I don't approve.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: BMW 850 i vs. Ferrari 456gt;Jaguar XKR;aston martin v12 vanq

I only compared this car to another cars that have analog performances, i compared cars of which i think are similer segments, i know that the AM v12 cant be compared to this one because of itŽs cronology, but i didnŽt use the cronology as a criterion, i used different guides to make this comparison, such as max power(in this case i compared any car from 370 to 450 hp, except for the skyline in which i compared it using criterions such as max speed, acceleration 0-100kph, etc).
    Since you are such an honorable member of this page, i wonder if you could write ten cars which could compete against this one.
    PS. i think you should have in mind the f 456 GT and by Aston martin i believe that the 1996 v8 coupe would be better dont you think?

4. Re: BMW 850 i vs. Ferrari 456gt;Jaguar XKR;aston martin v12 vanq

this is never going to keep up with a skyline. 0-100 in 14.3? Must have a real slow 1/4 time and the cars perform diffrent fuctions.

These never sold well. Weren't popular at all and from what i've read the V12 was considered a waste and the V8 was viewed as more pracical and a better buy.

If someone offered me this, a ferrari or any of the others i'd sell em and buy the vantage vanquish when AM releases it.

5. Re: BMW 850 i vs. Ferrari 456gt;Jaguar XKR;aston martin v12 vanq

I think merc and jag are the only cars comparable with this car...<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: BMW 850 i vs. Ferrari 456gt;Jaguar XKR;aston martin v12 vanq

Poor fuel economy.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: BMW 850 i vs. Ferrari 456gt;Jaguar XKR;aston martin v12 vanq

I agree

8. 394HP ?
    almost 2 tons anyway...
    1,5t wood be more reasonable for a GT, 1,7t-1,9t too much...
    not fiable and very expensive maintenance