BMW vs. MERCEDES vs. AUDI vs. Lexus

Discussion in '2002 BMW M3 Cabriolet' started by Gamer55, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: BMW vs. MERCEDES vs. AUDI vs. Lexus

In the words of Sport Compact Car Magazine "The result is a Lexus that can consume a BMW M3 in three clean bites, and spit little blue-and-white propeller logos out its exhaust pipe."

2. Re: BMW vs. MERCEDES vs. AUDI vs. Lexus

SC430

3. Re: BMW vs. MERCEDES vs. AUDI vs. Lexus

lexus? lol get out and mercades is v8s with no power m3 all the way.. o wait audi is powerful but not as powerful as bmw<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: BMW vs. MERCEDES vs. AUDI vs. Lexus

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WakkaWu</i>
    <b>lexus? lol get out and mercades is v8s with no power m3 all the way.. o wait audi is powerful but not as powerful as bmw</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    lol, what a dumb ass, mercedes is V8 with no power ??
    8 cylinders:

430: 280BHP
    500: 305BHP
    55AMG: from 380 to 500BHP

6 cylinders:

230: 190 BHP
    320: 220 BHP
    32AMG: 380 BHP

4-inline:
    140:
    170:
    180:
    190:
    200:

12 cylinders:
    600: 380 BHP
    63AMG: 444 BHP

now if this isn't power i don't know what is.
    Audi less powerfull then BMW ??
    S3: most powerfull hatch-back: 225BHP
    S6: 340BHP
    W12: 450BHP
    etc....<!-- Signature -->

5. I dont know why I posted this<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: BMW vs. MERCEDES vs. AUDI vs. Lexus

Lexus is some jap crap, over priced toyota!
    the others are german and alot better and have alot better resale. i think BMW is best because they get all their power without turbos or superchargers therefore the engines are made and enginered alot better<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: BMW vs. MERCEDES vs. AUDI vs. Lexus

actually if u think of it lexus is crap
    the best is the BMW first of all their engines r powerful and economic at the same time and damn they look good plus bmw was the first car to have an on board computer thats tells you everything going on in the car from how much gas you have left to how much you can drive with them event the air speed and temperature cooling the engine
    my uncle has them on a 540i 1989

8. Re: BMW vs. MERCEDES vs. AUDI vs. Lexus

1) BENZ
    2) draw between Audi and BMW
    3) Lexus<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: BMW vs. MERCEDES vs. AUDI vs. Lexus

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gerard1</i>
    <b>actually if u think of it lexus is crap
    the best is the BMW first of all their engines r powerful and economic at the same time and damn they look good plus bmw was the first car to have an on board computer thats tells you everything going on in the car from how much gas you have left to how much you can drive with them event the air speed and temperature cooling the engine
    my uncle has them on a 540i 1989
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Sorry guy, there was no 540 in 1989. The first ever 540i was made in 1994.

Angus<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: BMW vs. MERCEDES vs. AUDI vs. Lexus

i love ALL mercedes cars, except Vaneo and sports coupe.
    as for BMW and Audi.
    My favourite cars are:

S3, S4 and RS4
    M3 cabriolet, Z8 and M5

what do you people think ??<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: BMW vs. MERCEDES vs. AUDI vs. Lexus

Yeah i'm with u gizmo...there are stupid people like wakawu who doesn't know a damn about cars "mercAdes is V8 with no power" !! it's like he's saying that all benzez are v8. and why he spells it mercAdes? it's not a typo the e is not that close to the A on the keyboard..really stupid member!..
    and the others say that bmw engines are more powerfull...if we consider mb series engines (not amg) , they're SOHC 3 valve per cylinder and they have 6 to 10 hp less then BMW's DOHC 4 VALce/cylinder....and that's not what makes bmw faster..what makes them faster is that they're usually lighter and have a manual transmission....

when it comes to AMG models , they say that they're not normally aspirated engines, at least mercedes have the technology to put air kompressors in the engines, i don't get it, kompressors are not bad on the contrary, and if you're talking about noise reduction, a mercedes fitted with thousands of kompressors wont have the noise of a bmw or any other cars!! mercedes's are studied to give the passenger the smoother ride.... every mercedes is a luxury car! even the A class...
    ANd by the way, a car is not better than another one by only terms of performance....STOP COMPARING CARS BY THEIR 0-60 silly members!!!

there's a lot more than that, there's style confort, design, reliability, DURABILITY!!

and gizmo you forgot to mention one engine: the twin turbo charged V12 in the maybach (its a mercedes engine) 550 HP!!!

MERCEDES IS THE BEST CAR MAKER>..stop posting silly comments ...ITS A FACT>..

12. Re: BMW vs. MERCEDES vs. AUDI vs. Lexus

every one needs to stop thinking cars are crap becuse there japanise

13. Re: BMW vs. MERCEDES vs. AUDI vs. Lexus

i reckon bro, i think its equal between merc and bimmers, then audi and lastly lexus

14. Re: BMW vs. MERCEDES vs. AUDI vs. Lexus

i reckon bro, i think its equal between merc and bimmers, then audi and lastly lexus

15. Re: BMW vs. MERCEDES vs. AUDI vs. Lexus

No your uncle doesnt liar. There was no 540 in 1989.

16. Re: BMW vs. MERCEDES vs. AUDI vs. Lexus

BMW new 760 Has a V12 with about 450BHP too. I think it looks way sweeter than the W12 but the W12 I THINK will be faster. But not more luxuarious.

17. Re: BMW vs. MERCEDES vs. AUDI vs. Lexus

Great comparison, I'd say:
    BMW
    Audi/Mercedes (Both great)
    Lexus

18. Re: BMW vs. MERCEDES vs. AUDI vs. Lexus

For speed id take either the benz or the beemer, but for luxury id take the audi. $%$# lexus, over priced toyota lik mum said before

19. Re: BMW vs. MERCEDES vs. AUDI vs. Lexus

I would have to agree with most anyone on this thread...lexus cannot be compared to the german marvels. Has anyone noticed that whenever Mercedes comes out with some new car, lexus does too, and it looks mighty similar to the merc. Weird, huh? Anywho, one last thing, the S3 isnt the most powerful hatchback is it? how about the RS4/RS6 avant, to name 2...please correct me if I'm wrong!

20. Re: BMW vs. MERCEDES vs. AUDI vs. Lexus

Bmw by far as their engines are all naturally aspirated(except for the turbo diesels)and still compete with supercharged or turbo charged cars.eg the bmw e46 m3 competes against the mercedes c32 amg.
    3.2 inline 6 engine vs 3.2 6 cylinder engine supercharged engine.and the bmw wins bro by far.

21. All of you guys are dumbasses...first of all look how far Lexus has come in its short carrer. As of now its...
    BMW
    Mercedes
    Lexus
    Audi

In a couple of years it will be
    Lexus
    Audi/BMW
    Merceds

BMW-There amazing as far as performance, but the new 3 and 5 are kind of ugly not so much the 5 but the 3 is digusting, and the new 3 coupe is so gross.

Mercedes-"Old Money" Over priced and too heavy

Audi_coming along the new RS4 is amazing especially the cab. (soon to come) and the S8 and S4 are beautiful

Lexus-The probability of an is500 (m3 beater) is becoming a reality, with approx 450 hp. The new LS460h will have a V8 hybrid but with v12 like power to compete with the Germans. The new models look nice, are cheaper than the others, and have hte smoothest ride of any car out there.