BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

Discussion in '2003 BMW Z4 3.0i' started by vansbmx90, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

what 'Daini'?? Maybe you're saying DINAN.

2. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

According to Car and Driver the BMW wins 0-60 by a tenth, the quarter mile by a tenth, and top speed by 8 mph (152 to 144) but the honda won the comparison

3. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

And despite what this site says, the BMW can be had with a 6-speed manual. The S2000 was quicker around the track in that C&D comparo, though.

4. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

got some ring times from Sport auto

Z4=8.32sec
    S2000=8.39sec

The Z4 was the better track car they said and the facts prove it..

5. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

Here are a couple of pictures I took straight out of Car and Driver magazines. One shows the statistics, and you will see, in fact, the BMW Z4 3.0 does have more horsepower, a quicker 0-60, a quicker 0-120, a quicker quarter mile, AND a quicker top speed.

BUT you will see in the second picture that the BMW Z4 3.0 took fourth place, and the Honda S2000 took first place. You can even read a little of the article in that second picture, I think.

6. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

Oops my bad, the S2000 actually does have more horsepower.

7. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

i think the S2000 wins in acceleration
    however if u race on the freeway, Z4 will rule if the S2000 doesnt keep with a high rpm
    imagine if u always rev the engine to such a high rpm
    its gonna hurt your ears
    so i think i will pick Z4 for my own good even though S2000 is faster

8. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

Oh yeah? The a Honda dealer representative told you that? Hmm...they maybe the new Civic SI hatchbacks have 160 horsepower as stated by the dealership as well.

Come on, guy. The dealer will tell you any bullshit to get you to buy the damn car.

(Just to let you know, the new Civic SI hatchbacks have been rated at 140 horsepower by almost every single car magazine that's dyno tested it.)

9. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

thats true
    if u sold flowers, u wouldnt say the flowers stink

10. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

You think that the S2000, with it's 152 torque, would beat the Z4, a car that has 225 torque, in acceleration? And don't try to say something like, "Oh, the Z4 will just burn out longer" because we all know that all BMW cars come with some form of traction control (and if you don't know that then you need to stop posting here).

11. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

are u retarded or sumthing?
    dont bark around and embrass your master
    do some research b4 u bark
    do u know Honda S2000 also has traction control?? dumbass
    y would i say Z4 will burn out longer??? u think i dunno that both Z4 and S2000 have traction control???
    do not predict what ppl may say to back up yourself, its not gonna work, cuz fact is fact
    let me give u some fact that torque isnt everything
    according to this website:
    2000 Dodge Viper GTS-R Concept has 500ft lbs of torque run 3.8 sec
    2003 Porsche Carrera GT has ONLY 435 ft lbs of torque run 3.8 sec
    what the #$%# is it telling u??? torque isnt everything, HP is important too
    torque, torque, torque... u ignorant fool, its time to learn
    if u dont know shit about cars, just shut up, i wont say u r mute

and remember i am not like u, i would like to ask to post here only after u do research
    one more thing, no dogs allowed here, so dont bark but if u really wanna talk here, ask your master to control ur volume

12. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

are u retarded or sumthing?
    u better stop barking around
    do u know u r embrassing your master
    do some research b4 u bark
    y would i say Z4 will burn out longer??? u think i dunno Z4 has traction control???
    do not predict what ppl may say to back up yourself, its not gonna work, cuz fact is fact
    let me give u some fact that torque isnt everything
    according to this website:
    2000 Dodge Viper GTS-R Concept has 500ft lbs of torque run 3.8 sec
    2003 Porsche Carrera GT has ONLY 435 ft lbs of torque run 3.8 sec
    what the F U C K is it telling u??? torque isnt everything, HP is important too
    torque, torque, torque... u ignorant fool, its time to learn
    if u dont know shit about cars, just shut up, i wont say u r mute

and remember i am not like u, i would like to ask to post here only after u do research
    one more thing, no dogs allowed here, so dont bark but if u really wanna talk here, ask your master to control ur volume

13. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

Your research? Looks like you have done about as much research as every other goone here. If you really wanted to get down to what was important, then we'd have to talk about weight (which is more than likely why the Porsche ran a 3.8). Also, how about giving a URL that shows the Porsche and Viper running a 3.8. Anyone can say "a website". Shit...I've seen a Geo Metro outrun a Viper on this one website. Yeah...how about YOU think before you "bark".

And, one last thing: I was only assuming you would say something like, "Oh, the Z4 will burn out longer" because you seem like an idiot. And your last post just gave me all the proof I needed. How's that for research? Once again, in case you forgot or something, you're a dumbass.

14. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

Hey, I actually did do research before I posted. Notice my article and pictures up there?

15. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

exactly, how can u compare two different cars???
    they have different weight, d u m b f u c k~~~
    thats exactly what i meant, some car doesnt even need a big torque to be fast, like S2000

16. #41 Chris164935, Oct 10, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

HAHA! Again, your stupidity shines. You obviously don't know how to read or something. Maybe you should ask your mommy to read this website for you: http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article_id=6846&page_number=3

In the fifth paragraph, dumbass, Car and Driver state that the BMW is faster in 0-to-60 and quarter mile. So, how does that make the S2000 faster in acceleration?

And lastly:
    BMW Z4 - 2900 pounds
    Honda S2000 - 2800 pounds
    These cars aren't that different in weight size either dumbass.

Once again, cold hard facts rape your pathetic point of view. Go ahead and make something else up to reply to this dipshit. I'd like to get a few more laughs.

17. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

after all the things i said, u still hadnt got it???
    where is your brain at??
    remember at first i said torque isnt everything?? u brainless creature
    and even 100 lbs is alot for a small car like Z4 or S2000
    here i gotta admit i was wrong about saying S2000 is faster in acceleration... but i was not totally wrong, cuz S2000 has no traction control

back to my point... torque
    wat i was saying all the time is that torque cant always make your cars faster... some cars dont really need a great torque
    F1 is one of the example, u have to look at everything: weight, HP, torque... its many things to compare between two cars
    u just cant say Z4 is faster cuz it has greater torque
    u must read more books about cars b4 u post here again
    cuz the more u say, the more errors u will get

i still feel like its useless to try to explain to a ignorant fool like u, cuz u wont listen anyway
    are u now holding your hotwheel toy cars and reading this at the same time???
    u gotta stop dreaming... this site is for ppl to talk about real cars, not hotwheels, ok???

by the way, i think i am lucky that i can have my "mama" being with me
    where is your mama??? in hell???
    r u jealous that my mama is still alive
    or your mama is really ugly, so u are shame to be being with her???

18. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

I'm not getting it? First of all, I'm not the one who said torque was the only improtant thing. All I stated was that when it comes to acceleration, torque is what you need the most (and second would be light weight design). And yes, sometimes torque is what matters most. I can beat Civic EXs with my stock Jetta. My Jetta has less horsepower (115 to the Civic's 140) and more weight. But, it has more torque and I rape them in acceleration so bad that they can never catch up. This is the same principle being applied to the S2000 vs. Z4. But, to go so far as to say torque can't always make your car faster is just plain stupid. Ever seen the equation horsepower=(torque*rpm)/5252? I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you haven't...It is obvious that the laws of physics do not apply in your little make-believe fantasy world. So, I guess replying to your last post is pointless, because you will never understand.

And why the #$%# do you keep beating a dead horse by saying that I don't know what I'm talking about? I'm the only one of the two of us that has been able to produce cold hard facts. You, on the other hand, just make up mindless drivel as you go on and try to make retarded claims that what you are saying is true.

Also, my mother is not dead (sorry to crush another one of your pathetic assumptions). I just don't rely on her to feed me everyday and let me live in her basement...

19. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

about the equation... u seemed forgot about the rpm
    try again next time, if not u will never get y f1 is so fast
    where did u get yout fancy shit at??? honda civic ex has 140 horse??
    r u kidding me??? or u r talkin about civic si??? im sure si has at least 150 hourse
    and i doubt yout car can beat a civic
    r u sure the civic was racing with u, or it is your imagination only??
    u know the civic is very light, rite?? your jetta is alot heavier than the civic, thats no way a jetta can beat a civic
    with my audi a4, i am not even sure i can beat a civic in a quarter mile, probably i can catch up after 2nd gear
    but u r saying yout jetta can???

20. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

reply to y i said torque cant always make your cars faster
    yes it can, but not always, not without rpm
    think about why i brought up rpm, stupid chris...
    i bet u dunno

21. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

reply to y i said torque cant always make your cars faster
    yes it can, but not always, not without rpm
    think about why i brought up rpm, stupid chris...
    i bet u dunno

22. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

I seem to have forgotten about RPM? Hmmm...nope, it's there in the equation as well.

The older Civic EXs had 140 horsepower (as claimed by Honda). And yeah, we weren't racing. We were just stopped in the middle of the road and a guy was flagging us to go for no reason. Man, you are a dumb #$%#. Oh, and I didn't race just ONE Civic EX. I've raced a few with different drivers. Also, my Jetta is maybe 100 or 200 pounds heavier. But, my Jetta has a much better powerband.
    And, if you can't beat a Civic in your RS4 then you are the shittiest driver I have ever talked to.

Anyway, it is clear you are out of ideas to try and continue this pointless arguement. I mean, come on...think about why you brought up RPM? I have thought about it and have come to the conclusion that you are a dumbshit and don't even know what you are talking about. RPMs affect nothing. That's why I my Jetta can make 122 torque at 2800 RPM and the S2000 barely gets by with 153 torque at 7500 RPM! Wow! The S2000 revs up 4700 more RPMs before it prodcues only 31 more torque? Incredible...

But, whatever, I am tired of this bullshit. You win. Okay? Happy? You proved nothing, showed no signs of intelligence, but you win...I don't care. Making you looks like a little jerk off is getting old now. So, have a nice life, dumbass.

23. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

i never said i got an RS4
    i wished i had one
    but by the point that u couldnt even read between RS4 and A4
    i can tell that u r retarded, u dont read things carefully, so u cant think wisely
    u know u really have to use your mind sometimes, although i cant expect u always have your brain with u
    good thing u know rpm and torque are related
    not as retarded as i think

an old honda, huh??? how old was it? a 1990 civic??? vs your jetta???
    thats a pretty good idea... i hope one day i got my $$ to get myself a M3 and race with a 98 corolla
    how does that sound???

so what if S2000 has only 153lb of torque?? even if it is slower than Z4, which isnt not alot
    havent u ever thought about y a car with such small amount of torque can catch up so close with the Z4???
    havent u heard about that S2000 is designed like a street legal F1 engine car???

24. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

HAHA! Honda tried to make the S2000 as close as possible to an F1 car and BMW did not try to do that with the Z4. Yet, the Z4 is quicker. Everytime you speak you just make the S2000 and yourself look worse and worse.

And no, I said it was an older model Civic EX, not an old Civic EX. Guess we both need to learn to comprehend what we are reading. And by older I mean like '96s and up. Those cars "supposedly" came from the factory with 140 horsepower (and the Civic SIs, the older ones, not the newer ones, had 160).

25. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

what r u doing here, LOSER?
    i thought u said i won?
    just go home, this site doesnt need u
    u really dunno shit about S2000