BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

Discussion in '2003 BMW Z4 3.0i' started by vansbmx90, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

And you don't know shit about the S2000 either. As well as torque and RPMs and horsepower.

2. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

And by the way...I am at home.
    Whatever, man. You're a joke.

3. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

u r a clown
    if u r home, stay on the toilet and dont get out
    u didnt really think about the equation...
    if the car has rpm redline higher, the car doesnt need as much torque
    have u ever heard about F1???
    its ok if u havent
    if i dunno shit about S2000, do u think u do?
    everyone knows S2000 is a F1 like engine
    how could u not know?

4. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

Too bad you also have to take into account the gear ratios. Guess it must be bliss living in a world without physics.

5. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

HAHA! Just found this when I was messin' around on the internet. Reminded me so much of you and this thread.

6. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

then just #$%#ing look at the ratio beteen Z4 and S2000
    u r the one doesnt know shit bout physics
    the higer rpm redline the engine can rev, the less torque u need
    thats y some american cars have great torque but low redline

7. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

And that's why Hondas can't do shit from a dead stop. And that's why Honda engines aren't very reliable.

Maybe in F1 racing high RPMs are a good thing, but that is because those racing teams can afford to rebuild/replace the motor after every other race. But in the real world, who the #$%# wants to spend money to fix a worn clutch or burnt piston rings or a grinding second or any other problems that come from revving the engine too high? Maybe you do...because are you stupid enough to. But, I and everyone I know, sure as hell don't.

So far, I have been the only one to show any facts. The only thing you've said this whole time that is actually true is the fact that the S2000 is modeled after an F1 car.

Oh, and by the way, you are the one who doesn't know shit about physics. I'm not the one that said RPM and torque are related. They are in no #$%#ing way related. You don't use RPM to calculate torque, and you don't use torque to calculate RPMs. The only time the two are even used in the same sentence is when talking about horsepower. But, whatever. You will probably make up something stupid that will "magically" disprove what I just said anyway. I don't know why I bother. I am tired of having this battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

8. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

Okay, let's talk about RPM and torque. First of all, the two are not related. You don't use RPMs to calculate torque and you don't use torque to calculate RPMs. The only time the two are even mentioned in the same sentence is when your dumbass speaks or when someone (not you, because you are too stupid) is trying to calculate horsepower.

Next, the S2000. Yes, the motor was designed after an F1 car engine. But, that doesn't make it practical. The only reason high RPMs are not a problem in F1 racing is because the racing teams don't have to worry about the engine; they rebuild/replace them after like two or three races anyway. And, maybe you are stupid enough to pay for the repairs of a worn clutch or burnt piston rings or head gaskets or a grinding second or any other problem that comes from revving a motor too high, but not too many other people are.

And finally, yes, less torque is required when you have more RPMs WHEN YOU ARE TRYING TO CREATE A SET AMOUNT OF HORSEPOWER. So, my question to you is, why the #$%# would you want less torque and more RPMs instead of more torque and more RPMs (and I mean do this in cars that are used as everyday drivers/street racers, not the actual F1 cars)? Don't know why I bother asking though. You probably will only answer the question with pointless cut downs that are pathetic anyway. Guess maybe I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Oh, and in case you missed the picture the last time I put it up, I'll post it again.

9. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

guess who is stupid here???
    the answer is YOU-- chris
    say RPM and torque arent related???
    r u crazy???

10. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

You have yet to prove me wrong...

11. Re: Looks like the Z4

I agree that that statement of a topspeed is way off, i drive a '94 chrysler intrepid and i have easily got that up to 220 km/h and i know a Z4 could spank me, so thats messed a little

12. Re: Looks like the Z4

The S2000 isn't in the same league as the Z4.
    The BMW will win in a strait line drag and probably even win around a track.
    The S2000 is only useful once you are pulling 7000rpm or greater, because bellow the engine has no torque at all and has the characteristics of a shopping cart on Vallium.
    Amazing how Honda's ignorantly praised VTEC is its hematia in this comparison, the smaller "economy" lobes in the VTEC system take HP and torque away from the engine at lower revs giving the Honda 2000rpm of useful torque where the BMW practically has idle to redline to play with.
    The S2000 pulls a few more ponies, true, but the usable torque band of this Z4 will put it leaps and bounds ahead of the Honda.

13. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

The Z4 will win for sure but I won't buy the ugly Z4.

14. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

how much does the z4 cost?

15. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

havent come to this site for a long time...

if u think torque is over everything and i was wrong about what i said... here is a question i want u to answer~~~

Porsche 911 Carrera :Weight: 2959 lbs, Torque: 273 ft-lbs,
    Max Horsepower: 6800 rpm

Ferrari 360 Modena: Weight: 3064 lbs, Torque: 276 ft-lbs,
    Max Horsepower: 8500 rpm

the Porsche is ligher, but just has 3 ft-lbs of torque less than the Ferrari... what makes u think that makes the Ferrari a whole second faster than the Porsche in the time of 0-60mph????

do u still not think torque and RPM are related???

16. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

That's where aerodynamics and gear ratios also come into play. Also, was it the same driver that drove both cars and ran a 1 second faster time in 0-60 in the Modena? Were they even tested in the same location under similiar weather conditions? All these things are factors that affect times. And, if you think that only RPMs are important then I am no longer going to continue this debate.

17. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

GOOD COMPARISION
    THE BMW WOULD DEFINETELY BEAT THE HELL OUT OF THE S 2000 IN HANDLING , IN PERFORMANCE AND IN SPEED

18. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

i dunno how u think about Japanese cars
    if u think they are only some trash, i have nothing to say
    but think about y Japanese work on RPM so much
    but i know some of them are overdoing it
    let look at the Ferraris, can u name one Ferrari has redline lower than 7000rpm???
    and look at the Enzo, it has V12, big engine, isnt it?
    do u think Ferrari cant make it more torque out of that engine
    but y dont they make it like the American muscles? make it HP and torque equal at least???
    sure American muscles have put out a really high torque
    but wat about the the redline??
    gear ratio, rite? i know, the first gear of Corvette Z06 is 2.98:1, and 911 GT2 is 3.82:1
    but obviously the power of the GT2 is over the Corvette Z06, y dont Porsche drop the first gear at least down to 3.33:1?? cuz the gear ratio of the American Muscles are not good enough, thats y Porsche doesnt do things like the Americans, just like nobody follows the design of S2000
    y dont Ferrari or Lambo choose to make a more torque out of the big engines??? y they choose to rev the RPM instead???
    and y do u think Porsche is so pound of 911 GT3??
    y is the redline at 8200rpm instead of 6750rpm like Turbo?? y is the torque not even 300ft-lbs and what makes them be pround of something like GT3??? cuz they can still get a lot of power out of the engines without the turbos
    cant u see the rpm of GT3 can rev higher than the Turbo??
    look at the ratio, i dont see alot of differents between the gear ratio of GT3 and Turbo

**BY THE WAY, i dont think RPMs are all important, probably just as much as u think how important torque is

19. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

i dunno how u think about Japanese cars
    if u think they are only some trash, i have nothing to say
    but think about y Japanese work on RPM so much
    but i know some of them are overdoing it
    lets look at the Ferraris, can u name one Ferrari has redline lower than 7000rpm???
    and look at the Enzo, it has V12, big engine, isnt it?
    do u think Ferrari cant make it more torque out of that engine
    but y dont they make it like the American muscles? make it HP and torque equal at least???
    sure American muscles have put out a really high torque
    but wat about the the redline??
    gear ratio, rite? i know, the first gear of Corvette Z06 is 2.98:1, and 911 GT2 is 3.82:1
    but obviously the power of the GT2 is over the Corvette Z06, y dont Porsche drop the first gear at least down to 3.33:1?? cuz the gear ratio of the American Muscles are not good enough, thats y Porsche doesnt do things like the Americans, just like nobody follows the design of S2000
    y dont Ferrari or Lambo choose to make a more torque out of the big engines??? y they choose to rev the RPM instead???
    and y do u think Porsche is so pound of 911 GT3??
    y is the redline at 8200rpm instead of 6750rpm like Turbo?? y is the torque not even 300ft-lbs and what makes them be pround of something like GT3??? cuz they can still get a lot of power out of the engines without the turbos
    cant u see the rpm of GT3 can rev higher than the Turbo??
    look at the ratio, i dont see alot of differences between the gear ratio of GT3 and Turbo
    last time, i am really confused y so many manufactures have variable valve timing
    they just wanna rev the engines in a higher level and get more power, dont they?
    i think we started arguing cuz u said Z4 could beat S2000 cuz it had more torque, and that was true~~
    i dont have a doubt about that now, but not in all case
    a car with less torque can also beat a car has more torque if it can rev in high RPMs, agree??
    Japanese likes to make cars that can rev like crazy, cuz they know they can beat some cars that has more torque by reving the engines
    what i am saying is that everything is important in a car: RPM, torque, weight, gear ratio...
    just cant say one thing is more important and the other isnt

**BY THE WAY, i gotta say one more time, i never think RPMs are all important, probably just as much as u think how important torque is
    it is just another way to get a car faster without alot of torque

20. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

I disagree. I had a 2001 Jetta that had more torque than a Civic EX, yet the EX had a higher redline. But I could rape them in my Jetta (which also had less horsepower, by the way).
    The only reason why Hondas make most of their power in the higher RPMs is because of something called VTEC. That's why a B16a has more horsepower than a B18b (because the b18b is non-VTEC). VTEC is also the reason why Hondas have such crappy low-end power.
    Also, you can't just build a motor and expect it to create more power because it can rev higher. Ferrari and Lamborghini's are finely tuned to take advantage of high RPMs. Most European cars though are tuned to incorporate low-end and high-end powerbands. But, if you take most any car, after a certain RPM they are just going to fall flat on their face. If you've ever read a car magazine and looked at a dynamometer chart, then you'd know what I am talking about.
    And one last thing, not all Japanese-based cars are rev "happy". Toyotas and Nissans don't go crazy into the 8000rpm range. Neither does Lexus or Infiniti. Pretty much only Honda and Acura are rev "happy". And that is because VTEC is set up to allow for fuel economy when driving in the normal RPM spectrum and for some performance when driving in higher RPMs (like from 6000-8000).

21. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

z4 looks like a rino-car and s2000 its so cool!!!

22. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

Even though the Honda is a better buy with better reliability in the future most likely, i'd rather own the bimmer. I own a Z4, the thing gets so many damn stares on the road it's great. Live in Central New York where the most exotic cars aside from this are Mustangs and Vettes haha.

23. Re:
    BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

Actualy, its an extremely close race, i think the specs are just bout the same, but the only problem is, some guys got to read, Honda makes cars with extremely high quality.

24. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

ive seen a s2000 overtake an elise in a video so id say s2000.but id still rather have the z4. ive heard that the honda really sucks for highway and city driving.

25. Re: BMW Z4 vs. Honda S2000

In topgear the raced them and the BMW did a better time.