Bond mobile

Discussion in '2002 Lotus Esprit V8' started by IvanKaramazov, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: Bond mobile

Aging design

2. I've loved this car ever since James Bond blew it up in For Your Eyes Only...at least I think that was the movie. Anyway, I think this is a sexy ride and a real performer, and it's had the staying power to prove it.. Sure, there are ergonomic issues but whenever I see one driving a good 1 or 2 heads below me in my car, I wish that I was the one in the drivers seat. The minor facelift is good, I'd hate to see them change such a great car too much.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Bond mobile

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from IvanKaramazov</i>
    <b>Aging design</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Aging but still agless in it's clean lines and purposful stance. An Esprit cannot be mistaken for another car.

4. Re: Bond mobile

Like fine wine, it only gets better with age.

5. Re: Bond mobile

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from IvanKaramazov</i>
    <b>Aging design</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Ageing design on an ageless car. They cancel each other out. This is a great design and changing it would only ruin the car.

6. Re: Bond mobile

Again, aging design.

7. Re: Bond mobile

<b>Again, aging design.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Trying to increase the # of your posts by repeating yourself I see. I will maybe admitt that if a new version of the car comes out that they should update the design, but while it stays with this chasis, they should keep what works. Like Diablos or F40s, the design has aged, but aged well. Why not keep it?<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Bond mobile

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TwoPynts</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from IvanKaramazov</i>
    <b>Again, aging design.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Trying to increase the # of your posts by repeating yourself I see. I will maybe admitt that if a new version of the car comes out that they should update the design, but while it stays with this chasis, they should keep what works. Like Diablos or F40s, the design has aged, but aged well. Why not keep it?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    I said its design is aging, but I love it, what's the problem?

9. Re: Bond mobile

Lotus is mainly about evolution...not revolution.
    They slowly change something they have that's good to make it better, not take it apart, through it away and make something new =)
    Lotus is truly the fine wine of cars along with Aston Martin, Rolls Royce and Bently.

The Elise and Exige is practically their only new innovative design besides the M250 concept.
    I like'em all.
    wish there were Elises here in Canada. Then I go teach some Honda/Toyota Ricers what a real car is =)

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->