Both are old design, but I think NSX looks better.

Discussion in '2002 Lotus Esprit V8' started by ConnaGT1, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: Both are old design, but I think NSX looks better.

i think the new NSX looks crap and performs like a skoda.... where as the esprit looks better and performs better and whats more, its BRITISH<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Both are old design, but I think NSX looks better.

the esprit is looks about 100 fold better than the nsx. the esprit looks like a straight sports car. so does the nsx i guess, but the esprit looks so much better. <!-- Signature -->

3. What do you think?

4. Re: Both are old design, but I think NSX looks better.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from IvanKaramazov</i>
    <b>What do you think?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I still like the looks of the Esprit better. I don't think the NSX is quite up to supercar styling yet.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Both are old design, but I think NSX looks better.

How the hell can a Honda look beter than classic lotus styling?<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Both are old design, but I think NSX looks better.

If you look at the NSX's performance numbers, they're shameful compared to the Esprit. Also, the NSX hasn't changed much since its introduction, but the Esprit has been given a complete body restyle about 10 years ago. Also, Lotus upgraded the engine a while back. It used to be a V6. This car rocks. NSX is nifty, but definitly nothing to scream about.

7. Re: Both are old design, but I think NSX looks better.

how can u compare a lotus esprite, one of the best supercars ever made to a small crapy supercar wannabe jappenese car???<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Both are old design, but I think NSX looks better.

why would you even try to compare a lotus to an nsx?
    And who cares if the bodystlye is unrefined, it looks great.

9. Re: Both are old design, but I think NSX looks better.

the NSX is currently being redesigned so we'll just have to wait and see in the looks department, but by far the present cars are totally uncompareable especially when you get down to refinement and engine stats.

10. Re: Both are old design, but I think NSX looks better.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Wheelman</i>
    <b>If you look at the NSX's performance numbers, they're shameful compared to the Esprit. Also, the NSX hasn't changed much since its introduction, but the Esprit has been given a complete body restyle about 10 years ago. Also, Lotus upgraded the engine a while back. It used to be a V6. This car rocks. NSX is nifty, but definitly nothing to scream about.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Sorry to disappoint you, but the Lotus Esprit never had a V6. Ever, even dateing back to 1975. Anyway, the previous engine (before the V8 came along) was a turbocharged dohc 16-valve inline 4. Which pumped out 300 hp and 277 lb/ft from its 2174 cc.

The Lotus styling is good (in fact great) but it has been unchanged since 1993. The only new thing I see on this version are different rear lights and different wheels. The Lotus also looks far better than the NSX and the same is true in the performance category. Lotus is awesome.

11. Re: Both are old design, but I think NSX looks better.

I always think the jap. cars are damn UGLY and kind of odd looking, except the Honda NSX. But I think they should redesign the Esprit coz the design is tooooooo old.