Bridgestone Potenza RE050 Scuderia

Discussion in '2002 Ferrari Enzo' started by F Enzo, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Bridgestone Potenza RE050 Scuderia are the tire of the Enzo. People say that those tire are the best for high speed. They look okay but you think that Ferrari should keep the Pirelli P Zero that are on the other Ferraris. What are your opinions ?

2. Re: Bridgestone Potenza RE050 Scuderia

They;re just...tires. They look like...tires. Like all the others. And they're specifically designed for the car, so they're probably the best.

3. Re: Bridgestone Potenza RE050 Scuderia

Ferrari don't use these tires in all their models (at least not in all markets). I live in Brazil and last may, in a Car Show, there was a brand new 360 Modena exposed, and it was wearing Michelins (But I don't remember the model of the tire). <!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Bridgestone Potenza RE050 Scuderia

That's weird...you'd think with the F1 tire deal they'd have Bridgestones or at least not Michellins.

5. Re: Bridgestone Potenza RE050 Scuderia

I agree it's weird... I wouldn't believe if I hasn't seen it by myself.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Bridgestone Potenza RE050 Scuderia

Ferrari uses tires from Goodyear, Michelin, Pirelli and Bridgstone.

Pirelli PZero is a max performance tire designed to also be comfortable, noise free, have graet traction in water and on the dry, and most important, it was designed to last (max tires wear out real fast) so it would give the highest level of performance, but also be good for every day driving.

2 tires that are similar to the PZero are the Bridgstone potenza s02/3
    and the Michelin pilot sport (these are the tires you saw on the Modena) but they are less durable.

Ferrari also use another Michelin tire - the pilot sx mxx3. This is the best street tire for dry performance and it is used mostly on the Maranello. As a matter of fact this tire is so good that it almost give the performance of a racing sleek.

All the models may wear any one of these tires, and it can be chosen by the owner according to his preferences.

The ENZO tire is a specially designed tire that is surely the best performance tire, but it's not ment to be used by other cars.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Bridgestone Potenza RE050 Scuderia

Thanks for the tire info.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Bridgestone Potenza RE050 Scuderia

well i think that the pirelli p zero tires were the best for their road cars, and the bridgestones can stay with the f1's on the track but last year they switched 2 michelin pilot sport and many people complained about the tires not having as much grip as the p zero's. but dont get me wrong other than the pirelli p zero the bridgestone potenza is the best sport tire any 1 makes. yokohama is ok too but when do u think the day will be when a ferrari has japenesse tires(lol).but next 2 the potenza and the p zero the pilot sport is pretty good.

9. Re: Bridgestone Potenza RE050 Scuderia

it's just a normal ferrari wit more horsepower. every1 thinks it's good well guess wut, it's just a normal peice of shit ferrari!!!

10. Re: Bridgestone Potenza RE050 Scuderia

Bridgestone IS Japanese.

11. Re: Bridgestone Potenza RE050 Scuderia

I think they used Bridgestones because Bridgestone slipped them a couple million to advertize their tires: When people hear that the most advanced car on the world rides Bridgestones, they'll run and buy them.

12. Re: Bridgestone Potenza RE050 Scuderia

Ferrari might have chosen Potenza because it is the best tire around? Just a thought.

13. Re: Bridgestone Potenza RE050 Scuderia

That's the tire they use for F1, it's the logical choice that the Enzo uses Bridgestones.

14. Re: Bridgestone Potenza RE050 Scuderia

I was watching F1 and the camera crew went into the pits because someone just got a pit stop and the camera crew started taping these tires that just came off the car that just pitted and they were Potenza tires and they where really ripped apart and blistered and some guy in the pit ran over to the camera crew and covered the tires so the camera crew couldnt film them any more BECAUSE THEIR TIRES SUCK!!!

15. Re: Bridgestone Potenza RE050 Scuderia

Riiiight numb nuts. That's why Bridgestone/Ferrari single handly whooped all Michelin shod teams. Idiot. Michelin had the exact same problem.

16. Re: Bridgestone Potenza RE050 Scuderia

YOU TALKING TO ME!!!!! I just said what I saw on the TV whats the big idea, who woke up on the wrong side of the bed? IDIOT!!!!!

17. Re: Bridgestone Potenza RE050 Scuderia

My deal is that what you said is false. You said the Bridgestone tires suck. Now perhaps if you followed the 2002 season to the extent I did or just even followed all the races you would know that both tire maufacturer's had problems with blistering. Most likely the tires you saw was perhaps after a race. What the driver's will do is run over the dirty part of the track on their cool down lap. They do this to pick up any loose rubber off the track to fill in/cover the grooves that have wore down. The tires are so hot that it will stick to the tires.

Next time don't make such remarks. IF your not sure about something then pose it as a question. Don't make stupid remarks. Then people like me won't bite your head off.

18. Re:
    Bridgestone Potenza RE050 Scuderia

this doesnt have anything to do with the tires but i thought it was pretty interesting about Ferrari F1, ......."The 2 red cars ran unopposed at the head of the field, this time with Barrichello in front. Schumacher made only a token effort to get past by sprinting before the pitstops, but it became clear that this result was as stage-managed as that in Austria a few weeks earlier. This time Rubens didnt have to move over, nor was he under any genuine threat. Schumacher made a mockery of proceedings by slowing down, creating a little breathing space, and then setting a stunning fastest lap as he caught back up to his teammate. Pure showboating. The sad thing was that the chasing Williams and Mclaren drivers were pushing as hard as they could throughout, and had no time to indulge in such theatrics"....
    "Road and Track Nov'02 "

just how amazing is Schumacher and Ferrari ohh and Brigdestone tires hahaha

19. Re: Bridgestone Potenza RE050 Scuderia

You loser what are you talking about??? There are different models.

20. Re: Bridgestone Potenza RE050 Scuderia

Dumbass why you quoting me twice? I replied to you already.

21. Re: Bridgestone Potenza RE050 Scuderia

I quoted twice because I clicked on the quote button twice, now whos the dumbas*!!!!

22. Re: Bridgestone Potenza RE050 Scuderia

uh...you are, for clicking the quote button twice.

23. Re: Bridgestone Potenza RE050 Scuderia

And you're just another new member.

24. Re: Bridgestone Potenza RE050 Scuderia

the enzo isnt just any ferrari its the greatest ferrari ever made and anyway the "ordinary" ferrari beats most cars.

25. Re: Bridgestone Potenza RE050 Scuderia

can't i tried