Bugatti on the boardwalk

Discussion in 'Classic Cars' started by Kemper, Aug 1, 2011.

1. I saw this on the boardwalk during the Busker's Festival in Victoria a few weeks back. I finally found the motivation to post it, anyone know what model it is? Or if it's original?

2. pretty sure thats not original.

3. Okay, any idea what its trying to be?

4. my guess is that its trying to be a type 35. but I haven't done any digging into Bugatti cars in quite some time so I'm not to sure.

5. Well, if its fake then I really don't care, I just thought it was interesting. Thanks for the info.

6. Looks to be one of the better built air cooled VW based replicas of the Type 35 out there. I'm actually looking for the bodywork from that kit to make a Locost version of the car.

7. A classic Bugatti with a straight solid front axle and those crappy welding points?? Definitely fake!!! Even the radiator termometer looks Alfa Romeo, never seen a Bugatti with one of those...

8. The Type 35 had a straight front axle. It just didn't have a VW beam front axle...lol!

9. The Type 35's front axle isn't exactly straight, it's slightly curved on the edges for camber...

10. well, yes, but that type of axle is called a straight axle even if none of it is technically straight.

11. That Beetle axle is... :D