Bugatti plans Veyron replacement

Discussion in 'European Cars' started by ajzahn, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Its hard for me to believe they can only pull 200 more hp out of that engine.

2. it could be very easy.

a variable vane turbo set up could probubly give at least 50 hp, larger turbos, bigger valves, more boost etc.

3. dude, theres 4 turbos.

4. And guarantee life long reliablilty and overcome overheating problems. There's more to it then you might imagine...

5. cooling is definatly not an issue anymore with this car. The only time you'd be on boost long enough to overheat the engine would be at 200+mph with 200+mph of air going through the rediculous amount of radiators and flowing over the exposed engine. I could see a drivetrain issue

6. Veyron replacement? 2012?

Cool. I'll see it in a dealer somewhere in 2020.

7. One of the big German household goods manufacturers almost launched a new-line of washing machines a couple of years back under the name "Zyklon". It was almost at the launch when someone pointed out that Zyklon (B) was the gas mainly used in the gas chambers!!!

8. One of the big German household goods manufacturers almost launched a new-line of washing machines a couple of years back under the name "Zyklon". It was almost at the launch when someone pointed out that Zyklon (B) was the gas mainly used in the gas chambers!!!

9. gee... thanks

10. w00t's second account...

11. In fact, they can't shave that much weight off the Veyron. The engine alone weights like 300kg or so. And then there's 10 radiators, fuel tanks, AWD system, fluids, crash-boxes, aerodynamic & hydraulic control systems, DSG gearbox, 3 differentials... and all the rest that actually makes it a Bugatti (leather, A/C, power-everything, polished aluminium trim, etc, etc, etc...). IMO, the Pur Sang is as light as a Veyron can get (really don't think there'll be a racing Veyron).

12. To be honest they could mess with the cars aerodynamics more also, this will add a higher top speed and no need for them to add more weight with larger turbo's or more radiators (its already got enough in my opinion) so if they did fiddle with the aerodynamics then it would help top end speed, also i cant see this car being very good around a circuit, too much power will either cause it to oversteer horribly, or with the traction control on understeer vigourously, its great in a straight line but around a circuit i think a Zonda F or a 599 GTB would beat this, much like the Koenigsegg, too much power causes that to oversteer horribly, also Bugatti need to stop wastin time making stupid versions of the veyron, such as the Pur Sang or that horribly Hermes pointless.

13. Sorry.

Going to school for an Engineering degree and wanting to do my graduate work in aero might explain my reasoning.

14. A zonda f can beat it but a 599 can't and ive driven a tuned supra with 1200 hp exept the fact that i had to be carefull with the throtle it was fine.Power dosen't ruin cornering if the the frame can handle it. They just need to set it up right wich will take a lot of testing.

But I think you are missing the point here. The veyron was never made to have the nurburgring record.It was meant to be a luxury car that could go really fast. And how many of its owners woke up one morning and said "I am going to go 252MPh in my veyron today".That's why it has soft leather and all kinds of toys. btw the pur sang is awesome your just an idiot for not realizing that.

15. lmao

16. they�ll will come upitht he Veyron replacement before we finaslly will see a raod-going Caparo T1 or Koenigsegg to break through the 400 km/h bareer with the CCXRXX or whatever they�ll call it then

17. They can't actually fiddle much stuff about the aerodynamic, you know? In order for them to keep the aesthetics more or less the same, they reached the best balance between reaching the top speed they set to and prevent it from taking off when reaching it. Any tweak would lead it to take off or be slower. Not with that basic shape, they can't!
    And BTW, the Pur Sang is awesome and the fbg by Hermès is all what a Bugatti should be to start with: the supreme statement of power, speed, luxury and style. So stop being an a-hole!

18. "Veyron GT could top 1200bhp and be capable of 270mph"
    going after the ssc ultima aero

19. VAG v12 tdi...quad turbo, 600-800 bhp.....1200-1500 nm of torque....the torque would kill any supercar

20. road/tranny/tire/rim/driveshaft/faec

21. And that is the downfall of the design