C6 VETTE ? GM can't even deal with Vipers... get lost !

Discussion in '2002 Ford GT40 Concept' started by b16aCRX, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: THE GT40 WILL GET RIPPED BY THE C6 VETTE!!!!

gt40 will keep up with the vett. if this could beat ferraris in the 60's it will have no problem with the vette

2. THE GT40 WILL GET RIPPED BY THE C6 VETTE!!!!

Sorry to burst your bubbles Ford fans but it looks like GM once more has an answer to Ford.
    The year after Ford starts producing the GT40, Chevy will come out with the newly improved Corvette C6 with a redisigned engine and is said to have 650hp. The C6 will surely shred the GT40 into scraps.
    And dont forget that Dodge will be making the Viper GTS in 2003 which will put even more pressure on the GT40 and the rest of Ford.

But, a good thing may come out of all this.

THE NEW AGE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR ERA WILL RETURN ONCE MORE.

Just think with all these cars out in 2004 nobody will be able to diss American cars anymore.

Chevy C6 Corvette Dodge Viper GTS
    Ford GT40 Ford Thunderbird
    Dodge Charger Chevy Camaro
    Shelby Series 1 Ford Mustang
    Chrysler 300 Hemi C Cadillac Cien<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: THE GT40 WILL GET RIPPED BY THE C6 VETTE!!!!

Are you sure that the 300 Hemi C and the Charger are going to come out in 2004? Because i love both of those cars and i have looked all over the net for info on production dates or something but i couldet find a single thing. Oh and another thing the viper wont touch the GT-40.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: THE GT40 WILL GET RIPPED BY THE C6 VETTE!!!!

I have heard that the 300 hemi C and the Charger WILL be produced but diamler chrysler hasnt set a production date yet<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: THE GT40 WILL GET RIPPED BY THE C6 VETTE!!!!

That's because Ferrari's weren't as good as they are now back in the 1960's. Plus it didnt have the C6 Vette to contend with either.

We'll just have to see how things go with the GT40 next year<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: THE GT40 WILL GET RIPPED BY THE C6 VETTE!!!!

Based on the stats I have read the GT-40 from the 60's would still beat the Ferrari's of today as well. USRACING, where did you get your information on the C6 having 650 HP. The most I have read about is 450.

7. Re: THE GT40 WILL GET RIPPED BY THE C6 VETTE!!!!

People, People, People the thing about Viper won't touch a Gt40, sorry but that is some really shit to post. I have nothin against the Gt40 it's awesome but a Dodge Viper would killl this thing. I think it's a good idea about Ford Chrysler and GMC are bringin bax kick ass car'z

8. Re: THE GT40 WILL GET RIPPED BY THE C6 VETTE!!!!

Man, this thread certainly has some attitude in it! Whether or not Chevy is going to produce a 650 hp car to sell to the public remains to be seen. In the sixties, Enzo Ferrari's cars were considered the best in the world. Ford's answer, the GT 40, was purpose built to take on the best in the word and excelled at that task. I can only assume that in bringing back the GT 40 moniker, Ford is planning on taking on the best in the world again.

It would be a mistake for us Ford guys to write off the vette and viper and likewise for non-Ford guys to write off the GT40. The vette and viper are mature products that Chevy and Chrysler have had many years to perfect. The GT 40 is new, and may very well suffer teething pains in its infancy. No matter what happens, it's going to be a hell of a show!

9. Re: THE GT40 WILL GET RIPPED BY THE C6 VETTE!!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from lil_roman25</i>
    <b>People, People, People the thing about Viper won't touch a Gt40, sorry but that is some really shit to post. I have nothin against the Gt40 it's awesome but a Dodge Viper would killl this thing. I think it's a good idea about Ford Chrysler and GMC are bringin bax kick ass car'z</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->yeah alright, the GT40 is such an elite car that it should not even be considered being next to a Viper. Although they are in the same class, the GT40 will kill the new Viper. <!-- Signature -->

10. Re: THE GT40 WILL GET RIPPED BY THE C6 VETTE!!!!

I have worshipped this car my whole life. I'm gonna sell my vette for one of these. Its amazing how America can just murder Italian cars sometimes. I believe Ford even tried to buy Ferrari at one time.

About Vipers, to tell ya the truth, (no flames) I do not like vipers at all. I would only like them if they were around in the 60's competing with this, it would probably be such a better car.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: THE GT40 WILL GET RIPPED BY THE C6 VETTE!!!!

The Viper was built with the help of Lamborghini, So Viper does have some italien roots in it.
    If you think about it,
    Why would the Viper get past this?
    I mean, I love the way both the cars look
    But seriously, This car can be better<!-- Signature -->

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from USRACING</i>
    <b>Sorry to burst your bubbles Ford fans but it looks like GM once more has an answer to Ford.
    The year after Ford starts producing the GT40, Chevy will come out with the newly improved Corvette C6 with a redisigned engine and is said to have 650hp. The C6 will surely shred the GT40 into scraps.
    And dont forget that Dodge will be making the Viper GTS in 2003 which will put even more pressure on the GT40 and the rest of Ford.

But, a good thing may come out of all this.

THE NEW AGE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR ERA WILL RETURN ONCE MORE.

Just think with all these cars out in 2004 nobody will be able to diss American cars anymore.

Chevy C6 Corvette Dodge Viper GTS
    Ford GT40 Ford Thunderbird
    Dodge Charger Chevy Camaro
    Shelby Series 1 Ford Mustang
    Chrysler 300 Hemi C Cadillac Cien</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

C6 VETTE ? GM can't even deal with Vipers... get lost !<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: THE GT40 WILL GET RIPPED BY THE C6 VETTE!!!!

YES THE NEW AGE OF AMERICAN MUSCLE HAS COME, THE 500 HP VIPERS, 500 HP GT40, THE NEW CORVETTE WILL HAVE AT VERY LEAST 405 HP IN THE NON ZO6 VERSION AND PROABLY OVER 500 FOR THE ZO6. THE CADILAC EVOQ AND THE CONCEPT CIEN. SORRI I FORGOT THE BASIS OF AMERICAN MUSCLE, THE SEDANS, THE MERCURY MARUDER AND THE UPCOMIN IMPALA SS WITH I HEARD 400 HP. I LOVE BMW BUT MAY THE WORLD WATCH AMERICAN MUSCLE HAS COME AGAIN AND WE ARE HERE TO STAY

14. Re: THE GT40 WILL GET RIPPED BY THE C6 VETTE!!!!

I'm sure sick of people comparing tuner cars to the GT40. Although, it's sure gives it good praise!

[Side Note]Just to add another fact into the equation, the GT 40 is and will be a pump gas car. No 600+hp car can run on premium gas. So GIVE IT UP!

15. Re: THE GT40 WILL GET RIPPED BY THE C6 VETTE!!!!

next gen z06 are coming around 2005, and the next gen vetes will have 400hp as base and 425 or so as the better model, i read this at autoweek.com. they never mentioned what the next jen z06 will have. and those numbers you have mentioned i believe are gm concept cars.

and who knows what will happen with the gt40. I am not expecting any new changes with this car, since ford is going to put huge amount of time on the next gen gt40 to get it right(if they make a next gen). anyway lets not say any of these american sports car are crapp(any sports car) because if one is faster doesn't make the others any worse. and we don't know nothing about this car so lets not compare it yet. as someone mentioned this is first of fords attemt on supercars market in a long time. though they have gotten all their big engineers on it.
    peace

16. Re: THE GT40 WILL GET RIPPED BY THE C6 VETTE!!!!

Guys,
    In my opinion the GT40 will outperform both the C6 Corvette and the new 500 horsepower Viper. If the production cars meet the target 500/500 HP/Torque and the target weight of 3000 lbs, few cars will be able to touch it. That's not to knock the Vettes and Vipers though. It's all about dollars and cents. The GT40 will likely be higher in price than the Viper (about $100,000 they say).

The more money that's put into the car, the more they can do with it, and the more YOU are going to spend. This is one reason Lamborghinis are never compared to Mustangs. <!-- Signature -->

17. Re: THE GT40 WILL GET RIPPED BY THE C6 VETTE!!!!

damn i can't believe i'm saying this. take it from my perspective. i generally dislike american cars. the vette is a good car i'll give you taht. the viper kinda low tech but huge power...obviously with a 8.3 litre engine. but this car...this car is the GREATEST AMERICAN CAR EVER MADE. i cannot believe you would turn back on this car's racing HERITAGE.3 le mans finishes beating out ferrari! come on. your VIPER and VETTE haven't done that at le mans have they. nor do they use as high tech constructio nas this. i'm quite glad finally that an american car has achieved such good results. the vette and viper are good cars. awesome cars. dont get me wrong...i love them but they could be so much more with current day tech

18. Re: THE GT40 WILL GET RIPPED BY THE C6 VETTE!!!!

I think the c6 vette will beat teh gt40. If not it will definetly have better handleing, vipers and corvettes have been in le-mans ever heard of the c5-r or the team oreca viper gts-r. This is a great car, but I think it will have to catch up for maybe a couple of years, then it might beat dodge and chevy, because it isn't an experienced car like the corvette, but atleast it's a good car. Any way does anyone know if they are going to make chevelles again I've heard about that, but I don't know if it's true.<!-- Signature -->