Cadillac and Lincoln: fight at 9:00 (McLarens beware)

Discussion in '2002 Cadillac Cien Concept' started by Lingenfelter, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Cadillac and Lincoln: fight at 9:00 (McLarens beware)

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Vestacus</i>
    <b>By the way, Mclarens aren't the fastest production car, the 2002 Bugatti 16/4 Veyron is, with a top speed of 252.3 mph, or 406 kph. But Mclarens come close.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    what about the Sledge hammer driven by LingenFelter <!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Cadillac and Lincoln: fight at 9:00 (McLarens beware)

i have a roadtest of the McLaren F1 dated as 11th May 1994

how many times do people have to be told that a ONE-OFF such as the sledgehammer does NOT constitute a production car, fastest modified car?...mayb

as for the Veyron, its NOT OUT YET, it hasnt been tested at 252mph, merely predicted to do so

as for the GT90, the project was never driven at more than about 50mph, but it was predicted to get to 60 in 3.1, beating the Macca by 0.1sec

so, as a final note, can everybody just remember that the fastest production car ever is the F1, officially measured at 386.7km/h for the flying kilometre at Volkswagens Ehre-Leissen test facility, peaking at an unofficial top speed of 391km/h...these are FACTS

3. Re: Cadillac and Lincoln: fight at 9:00 (McLarens beware)

The Bugatti is not in production - thank you, ch1.

The GT-90 was not dropped because it couldn't touch the McLaren, read the stats on this website about the prototype's performance before you open your fat mouth.

As for the Sledgehammer - Callaway said he could reproduce it for $400,000. Callaway modifys a certain number of un-driven Corvettes every year, as he did with the Sledgehammer. The cars are built to exacting specifications, so they can be called "production cars." Only 1 Sledgehammer was ever built, not 50, unfortunately, so it can't technically be called a "production car" on it's own. Close enough in my book, though.

4. Re: Cadillac and Lincoln: fight at 9:00 (McLarens beware)

LOL.yep.
    You want one, fork over the cash to Callaway and I'm sure they will be happy to build you one on the new Z06 chassis =P

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Cadillac and Lincoln: fight at 9:00 (McLarens beware)

guys, how many bugattis 16/4s are driving around, how many McLarens F1 are? The 16/4's are not an at least half completed production. The McLaren F1 is "finished". So if there are like 50 Bugattis out there, please mention those again. Thank you.
    TVR speed 12? Porsche 980? Königsegg CC?
    the production of the TVR was cancelled after 2 cars. So is it a prototype or worth mentioning a production car?
    Porsche 980? FAKED, arsed the pub.
    I doubt Bugatti will let a 1000BHP car let out on the streets, i think its mostly a hype. So FORGET IT UNTIL RELEASED. Damn preview-kiddies here ;-)

You guys dont know whats aviable.
    Its not Ford GT-90, Bug 16/4, F60, Murcielago, TVR Speed12, Lotec Sirius, this 1250BHP Cobra (tuned is not prodution either), Callaway Corvette and all those others.

What IS out is:
    McLaren F1
    Ferrari F40/F50
    Porsche GT1/GT2/GT3
    Bugatti EB 110
    Diablo SV/GT
    Corvette ZR1/C5
    Dodge Viper
    japanese ones like Evo7, Sub Impreza, Honda S2000, etc.

So please compare cars and not prototypes.
    NEITHER TUNED ONES OR RACE-DEGRADED ONES.
    And yes there is a McLaren F1 GTR (street legal) around which needs 2.2s to 60mph on slicks. But i think such things are not worth talking about.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Cadillac and Lincoln: fight at 9:00 (McLarens beware)

Yeah..too rare.
    but then Callaway and Lingenfelter have factory contracts with GM so technically a Vette from them is brandnew out of the factory since as soon as the corvette was build, they truck it to Callaway or Lingenfelter =P

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Cadillac and Lincoln: fight at 9:00 (McLarens beware)

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SRB The Punisher</i>
    <b>Ummmmm....
    NO Duh the McLaren still kills!
    It's the worlds fastest production car.

Hmmm..ok..want other sedans.?
    Skyline R34 GTR Spec V and any other factory mod version.
    The HSVs from Aussieland.
    The 94 Impala SS.
    The M3.
    The Vauxhall Lotus Carlton.
    The Mercedes CLKs.
    The Mercedes E55, CLK55, all AMGS.
    The Mercedes SLs.
    The Mercedes S series.
    The Lexus SC.
    The Jaguar Vander Plas SC, XJR.
    The Acura 3.2TL/CL Type S.
    The Bentley Arnage, Continental T/SC, Azure.
    The Lexus GS430.
    The Volvo S60, S80.
    The BMW 850 series.
    The Audi S4, S6, S8, S2.

Hmmmmm..that enough example?

DA PUN =P</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Heh... that was a little hit and miss there. The Acura sedans are 3.2TL Type-S and the RL, the CL is a 2dr coupe. And I think the Skyline R34 only comes in coupe model, I haven't seen a sedan of it yet. =)<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Cadillac and Lincoln: fight at 9:00 (McLarens beware)

Funny post, Davey - considering the topic at hand is a prototype itself. Maybe we should be comparing concepts to concepts??

Hennesey makes more than 50 Venoms each year, does that make them production cars?

9. Re: Cadillac and Lincoln: fight at 9:00 (McLarens beware)

the cars matter a lot in the race but also what some people dont realize is that the driver is the one who has the fault most of the times and not the cars

10. Re: Cadillac and Lincoln: fight at 9:00 (McLarens beware)

They are building the Veyron? With all 1000 and 1 horses? Shit, better look out, Houston...

11. Both Caddy and Lincoln are coming out with V-12 powered vehicles this year. Since it's the most balanced internal combustion design there is, makes since, it's about damn time. Low 11's in the 1/4? This thing might just come close to knocking the F-1 off it's pillar....

12. Re: Cadillac and Lincoln: fight at 9:00 (McLarens beware)

no. Bugatti is going to do that. The Bugatti is also better looking in my opinion. So is the McLaren.

13. Re: Cadillac and Lincoln: fight at 9:00 (McLarens beware)

I think this thing is butt ugly, but if it performs, it'll sell.

14. Re: Cadillac and Lincoln: fight at 9:00 (McLarens beware)

its pretty sad but neither lincoln or caddy will be knocking anybody off their pillar. the cien is a pie in the sky concept that i doubt will be made. lincoln doesnt even have a clue in this regard, unfortunately. both co's will have a v12 in a car soon, but most likely in some big bulky sedan that seats 5. ...and the bugatti is pure art! mechanically and stylistically!!

15. Re: Cadillac and Lincoln: fight at 9:00 (McLarens beware)

LOL..but isn't the Bugatti gonna be costing more than a McLaren? =P
    And what's with the dissing sedans? The M5 could probs kill the cars you drive now =P

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: Cadillac and Lincoln: fight at 9:00 (McLarens beware)

1 sedan in all the world is all you can name? cuz you're right..there is only one sedan in the world worth mentioning...atleast as far as performance goes. and even the m5 is a little boring on the outside.. come on now!! we're talking about 2seat mid engine exotics here... plus i am not dissing sedans just pointing out that a v12 in a sedan is very different from a v12 in an hi-po exotic sports car.

17. Re: Cadillac and Lincoln: fight at 9:00 (McLarens beware)

What Mclarens and Bugatis will kick this shits ass. ANd true they #$%#in look illed then this piece of shit~!<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: Cadillac and Lincoln: fight at 9:00 (McLarens beware)

What the hell was that?? Learn to type. Licoln is going to be running a V-12 in a Limo-sized sedan, I never said it was in a performance car. It's the same block from the GT-90 concept.

And why won't this thing touch the McLaren? The Veyron is still a concept, but GM's press report says these will be produced, if not in limited number, atleast.

19. Re: Cadillac and Lincoln: fight at 9:00 (McLarens beware)

Ummmmm....
    NO Duh the McLaren still kills!
    It's the worlds fastest production car.

Hmmm..ok..want other sedans.?
    Skyline R34 GTR Spec V and any other factory mod version.
    The HSVs from Aussieland.
    The 94 Impala SS.
    The M3.
    The Vauxhall Lotus Carlton.
    The Mercedes CLKs.
    The Mercedes E55, CLK55, all AMGS.
    The Mercedes SLs.
    The Mercedes S series.
    The Lexus SC.
    The Jaguar Vander Plas SC, XJR.
    The Acura 3.2TL/CL Type S.
    The Bentley Arnage, Continental T/SC, Azure.
    The Lexus GS430.
    The Volvo S60, S80.
    The BMW 850 series.
    The Audi S4, S6, S8, S2.

Hmmmmm..that enough example?

DA PUN =P<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: Cadillac and Lincoln: fight at 9:00 (McLarens beware)

Have to agree with SRB let me also mention the evo VII and wrx as 4 doors that rock.<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: Cadillac and Lincoln: fight at 9:00 (McLarens beware)

LOL..hehe..true, I was thinking bout those, but then we were considering real sedans man!!
    EVO and WRX are like compact sedan..very small =P
    LOL..oh..you want compact sedan with performance? VW BEETLE RSi!! something like 300hp naturally aspirated =P

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: Cadillac and Lincoln: fight at 9:00 (McLarens beware)

just hope that cadillac dont make this a luxury-supercar and double the cars weight with equipment....to rival the McLaren, the Cien really needs to be a racecar for the road, a pure driving experience rather than a cruiser, i just dont think GMs marketing people r gonna let it b a McLaren rival

23. Re: Cadillac and Lincoln: fight at 9:00 (McLarens beware)

I cant picture this being a Mclarin rival, not right off the bat, but yea i hope they keep the idea pure and not put friggin cup holders and big ashtrays and s#$t all over. Given how big a change this is, I don't think they would do that if it were produced.<!-- Signature -->

24. Re: Cadillac and Lincoln: fight at 9:00 (McLarens beware)

What they need to do is put Lotus back on the job of making a light-weight car for them.
    Lotus is the king of weight reduction and handling.
    But to the look of this car now, it looks pretty light. No extra BS on it =P

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

25. Re: Cadillac and Lincoln: fight at 9:00 (McLarens beware)

why does everyone say there are better cars than the McLaren. the McLaren is about 7 years old and it can still beat some the the top supercars. the Bentley is ugly.

is anyone on this forum black