alright this is probably over the heads of most of you who think you know a lot about computers. anyway... i have an amd 2700 on an epox 8k3a mobo (its a via kt333 board) and im having some strange stability issues, and im 85% percent positive that its just my mobo on the fritz, but the other 15% of me thinks that it could be the cpu. to get specific, i cant run my cpu on the stock vcore voltage, luckily my mobo has voltage options, but i have to bump it from 1.65 volts to 1.725 to get the cpu to run at stock fsb speed, otherwise my computer will either randomly reset, or just give me a blank screen after the POST screen (depending on what i have the vcore voltage set on) at stock vcore and stock fsb speeds it just gives me a blank screen. Ive totaly ruled out anything related to the psu, ive tried 3 different ones, one being almost brand new, and ive also used different power cables and even different wall sockets, all with no results. i was having simliar issues with a 1700 xp that i had before i got this 2700, but it didnt start doing it until like 2 years after i bought it (ive had the 2700 for about 2 months) thats why im pretty sure its the motherboard, BUT ive read of people having the same type of problems on forums around the net with amd chips, I think its pretty unlikely that i got 2 cpus with the same problem in a row. I've been able to run my 2700 with a 177 mhz fsb for a while (with vcore at 1.825 volts) and i can still do it, but its not near as stable as it was when i first got my 2700. I hadnt been too concerned about any of it because everything was working fine with the adjustments i made. Then today i come home for lunch, and it was stuck on the POST screen with the fsb clocked down to 133 saying something about how my cpu ratios had been changed and that i needed to change them back in the bios, so i go into the bios and set it to the stock fsb (166mhz), with a 1.725 vcore, and save and restart, the computer then restarts again about 5 seconds later, and it sends me right back to the same POST screen, i tried a few more times all with the same results. So then i go into the bios and watch all of the voltage readings, to see if they were what they should be, and the vcore was fluctuating from 1.5 all the way to 1.9. i know its normal for the vcore to fluctuate somewhat, but both of these were pretty far off from what it was set on (and this was with the bus running at 133mhz) so this freaked me out, and i set the vcore back to the default 1.65 and then set the fsb to 100 mhz, and just left my computer running with those settings for the rest of the day while i was at work. So i come home from work, and reset the computer and change the bios back to stock fsb and 1.725 vcore, i reset it again, and it didnt give me the post screen it had been giving me earlier. So i go into the bios again and watch the voltage, and it wasnt fluctuating like it had been. and it still hasnt done it in the past couple of hours. I've had my case open for the last day or 2, and this causes the northbridge temp to go up about 10F, but ive never had any problems running it with the side off of the case before. so heres what im thinking is going on: some capacitors or the voltage regulator or something is geeking out on me (some of the capacitors are swollen on top, but i figured this is probably normal since the mobo is like 2 and a half years old) and maybe its been slowly getting worse, to the point where leaving my case open made the mobo get too hot to run stable, so after leaving it clocked really low all day, and then putting my case back together, now its running stable because its not as hot. Though what i think is strange is that neither of my cpu's will run at their stock fsb speeds with stock voltage, even though the vcore range apears to be normal when it is set to stock, thats why im thinking that MAYBE its the cpu, but since it happens with both of my cpu's i have no way of knowing for sure. im pretty close to buying another motherboard, but if its my cpu then id still be stuck with the same problem. i know this is a pretty advanced problem, but there are a few of you on here that seem to know your shit, so maybe one of you can help me.