Calling all MORONS

Discussion in '2002 Pontiac Grand Prix G-Force Concept' started by imnotmaranelloboy, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: Calling all MORONS

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mustangs4ever</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from maranelloboy</i>
    <b>Hey stupid (to all that apply),

This is a kick @$$ CONSUMER car. Stop bashing it, stop comparing it to world class exotics, start of it as something you would see on your way to work or to the store. Normal people will be able to afford this car, normal people can't afford some of the cars you dips are comparing this to. Knock it off, get a life, have a nice day.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> You must be referring to yourself as "stupid" as well as any other jackass dumb enough to call this car anything but sweeeeeeeeet...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Can you read? You obviously missed the point that I think this is a great car (for consumers). I would love to have one myself. Maybe you had a typo, but if you can even understand what you're saying, you'd realize that it supports my point.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Calling all MORONS

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Analogic</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from goodcars</i>
    <b>I understand what you all mean but there are many better cars fr the same amount. why is it called the g-force when it only pulls .85 g on the skidpad???</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

GIVE ME A FULL SIZE FAMILY SEDAN THAT PULLS .85G'S!!!!! JEEZE MAN. Its a big ass car that holds G's like a Skyline. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

funny i like gm and both those cars ure all talkin bout suck

3. Re: Calling all MORONS

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Mark</i>
    <b>I would much rather the WRX, it's got a better engine, all wheel drive, much slimmer and more manageable looking, plus, it's got a way nicer interior.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->im with you...<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Calling all MORONS

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from evilpete25</i>
    <b>It's nice. But wtf? Probably front wheel drive, 4 speed automatic. Pontiac should make this car rear wheel drive, V8, 5 speed manual, etc. Otherwise, it is a formidable concept car.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Good idea. While they're at it, why don't they take two of the doors off and call it a firebird?

5. Re: Calling all MORONS

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from capnpaco</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from evilpete25</i>
    <b>It's nice. But wtf? Probably front wheel drive, 4 speed automatic. Pontiac should make this car rear wheel drive, V8, 5 speed manual, etc. Otherwise, it is a formidable concept car.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Good idea. While they're at it, why don't they take two of the doors off and call it a firebird?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I'm with capnpaco on this one. I'm picky when I ask if this car could have an extra 20HP for an even 300. Simply because I can't think of an American family sedan with 300HP(it just sounds better to say 300 instead of 280). Why doesn't GM use an aluminum block instead of cast iron???(I'm dyin' to know) It's not an exotic, it's practical and it moves!!! 155mph is the cutoff on ALMOST all Benz vehicles, which is the GP's approx. speed as well. I used to have a 1993 Chevy Lumina and it was FWD with the 3.1L V-6 and 4 spd. auto OD tranny (4T60E) and thankfully I sold it. It couldn't handle like this car, nor could it keep up. I'm in the market for something similiar due to the fact I don't have $984,234,908,389,214 to spend on a car that runs on adrenaline while shootin' steroids and suckin' NOS...it'd be nice but the fact remains; I'D ENJOY THIS CAR, GM, BUILD THE FKN THING!!!

LaTeR<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Calling all MORONS

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from maranelloboy</i>
    <b>Hey stupid (to all that apply),

This is a kick @$$ CONSUMER car. Stop bashing it, stop comparing it to world class exotics, start of it as something you would see on your way to work or to the store. Normal people will be able to afford this car, normal people can't afford some of the cars you dips are comparing this to. Knock it off, get a life, have a nice day.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Rock ON!<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Calling all MORONS

I happen to own a family sedan, 4 door Grand Am GT 1, but w/ only 175 h.p. Its a sporty looking car, but has no guts. Now take the G-Force; 4 door sedan 280 h.p, im guessing about 3-4,000 lbs, which isnt bad. i would trade my GT for this car any day. Those who commented about comparing two similiar cars is right. You cant compare this to a Venom 800 or a Bugatti. Compare it to something in its H.P. and above all Price Range!!

8. Re: Calling all MORONS

Look at this car.... then think of what the GP's look like now.. Which one would you rather have? Besides the fact that this car looks alittle too much like a Boniville (or however thats spelled) Its a really nice car.. I would not mind having this at all. It would turn some heads.

9. Re: Calling all MORONS

It's a good car, I won't knock it. But if you read the topic I created (Ummmmmm....) you'll see that I think the look could have been more...Grand Prix-ish.

10. Re: Calling all MORONS

Ok,Pontiac Just Recently Released What Will Become Of The 2004 Grand Prix On The Motor Trend Website. The New Grand Prix Will Only Be Availiable In GT, GTP, And GTP GC. The GTP GC Will Baisicly Be The G-Force Except 1)No 4WD, Just FWD 2)Not 280HP, But 250HP On New Engin And Supercharger. But We Will Get A New Suspension, Steering, And 6-Speed TAP (Think Ferrari F1) Trasmission. Id Definatley Take That Over Most of The Pieces Of Crap That Are Out There Today....

11. Re: Calling all MORONS

Yah so? Does my point change? No! The car stills holds G's like a Skyline. Don't believe me go check the skyline forum. Nothin changes.

I aint trying to make anyone like the car or not. My point is this geek complaining about the G's of this car and I'm tellin him it's worthy of the name. .85G's is damn amazing for a FULL SIZE 4 door sedan.

12. Re: now whos gonna buy this

Yea ill agree that this thing is really good for GM. But unfortunitly whats the chances it will actually have that hp rating IF its produced, id say slim to none. And it will be FWD, And it will probably weigh about 4000 pounds. And it will probably cost about 30 grand. Now dont get me wrong im not bashing here im just saying what will probably happen here. And how is a 4000 pound front wheel drive car(from a company thats never made a good front wheel dive car IMO) with probably 250 to 260 hp that cost $30,000 so great? I would much rather spend the extra money (which wouldnt be that much) on an Acura 3.2CL Type S, on a Nissan Maxima V6 which both have high powered NATURALY ASPIRATED 260 to 270 hp engines. BTW both companies EXCELL at makin FWD cars. And again im not bashing this car and i dont want to start another import vs domestic war here im just sayings theres much better cars in the same class and its not as good as you people are saying.

13. Re: Calling all MORONS

woah..when i saw the thread title i was like..dam is this gona b a jackass..but i totaly agree

14. Re: Calling all MORONS

I was...roughly thinking the same thing.

15. Re: Calling all MORONS

I do believe that Pontiac is putting this into production. I was reading one of the GM Performance magazines, and at the bottom of one of the pages it says that the dude chose this car to drive. So, I dunno I could be wrong.