Camaro MIGHT be a diesel

Discussion in 'American Cars' started by KRSONe1, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Matter of opinion. I've heard some really hardcore badass sounding TDs before.

EDIT: And yes they do sound like death. But death in a good way. Like they'd kill you with their bare hands... err pistons.

2. Yeah, i'll just walk to the corner pub and pick myself up a piece of ass. Haha, no. I understand that diesels are technically good. But no part of me says, I just HAVE to have a diesel in my Camaro. In a large pickup, yes, I'd love it. In a Camaro, I guess I'd still rather have a plain gas engine.

3. I guess it's just a matter of preference. I don't particularly care for rough idling and a WHOOSH instead of a hard roar.

4. I do not want a diesel Camaro and would not buy one if offered.

5. I thought every F body ever made was a diesel. You mean to tell me I've been wrong all these years?

6. Umm...not so much wrong as retarded, I'd say.

7. Don't worry, I've made even worse jokes than that on here.

8. For those whose diesel prices are 0.40 to 0.50 cents higher than 87 octane, it still does not defeat the diesel argument. On a modern, well engineered 6 to 8 cylinder diesel, by your 5th tank of gas, you have gone nearly 1,000 miles further than the gasoline variant, a typical savings of $300. So it doesn't matter if diesel is $2.50 a gallon versus the $2.10 or $2.05 for 87 octane, there is still huge gas savings when it comes to diesel.