Camaro vs. Mustang

Discussion in '2000 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Concept' started by ghosst, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

lol a SVT Cobra 02' will tear the camaro a new asshole man...

2. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

there is no 02 model dumbass.

3. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

lol nice one

4. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

put the new 03 svt mustang up against any year camaro SS and the cobra will take that SS anyday

5. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

its probible that a mustang could take a SS camaro but the camaro is a classic car they were never even chevy sports car they were ment to be a performance car at a cheap price that people could afford so if u say that a cobra could take a camaro look at the price tag

6. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

i would definatley say that the camaro is better than the pussy ass mustang. "out of the box" so to speak, the mustang has no chance. and forget about saleen and all of that shit. for how much money you would spend on the mustang, you could personally build the camaro to be twice as fast. anyway you look at it, fords suck, so get over it.

i dont understand why someone would compare an 03' SVT to a 02' SS. the svt is supercharged. lets throw on a supercharger on the ss and then see whos talking

7. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

GM and Ford have product that match almost to the tee. including engines. the 4.6 in the mustang is not on the same "level" as the LS1. the Cobra R has the 5.4, the LS1's compitition. they are about even in tunability and "out of the box" performance. plus the SVT being supercharged means for close to nothing [larger pullies almost does it] to get it to a large sum of power [450RWHP range]. forced induction isnt bad. people compare the SVT focus to the SRT-4, and noone mentions the turbo on the neon, but when its the Lightning [concept] Vs. the SRT-10 ram, everyone complaing about fords using superchargers. EVERY MAKER USES FORCED INDUCTION. its a cheap and efficiant way to make power.

8. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

2003 Ford Mustang Cobra 390Hp beat the lving hell out of the camaro adn the firbird...nothig has the same HP and power for the price...for power sucked until 200 granted and after that until 2003 but not, nothing real beatsit accept a viper, but that's way out of the price range...the 350 is an awsome engine, but GM lost it's edge with it's cheaper cars featuring the engine ie firrebord and carmaro...look at the performace reports...

9. Re:
    Camaro vs. Mustang

Although the mustang and camaro have been rivals for several years now i'm still goin with the camaro. in my opinion is a better overall car, if fords are so good why do they continue to get beat by chevys? I've got a 98 S10 SS and that thing will burn a GT so jus thing what a SS camaro will do.

10. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

camaro SS is suposed to go against the cobra, not GT. same with the S10, exept its against the lightning.

11. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

agreed the camaro has been the horspower leader for well over 12 years. W/ that said the 5.0 motor was one of the most easily tweekable motors ever made. Remember they are doing it all w/ 48 less cubic inches. Ford made up for the loss in displacement w/ shorter wheel base and a lighter car making the fun factor great. Now chevy has been making the same engine for way too long it is an outdated design. Ford broke the mold and made an overhead cam 4.6 liter, lets keep track, smaller engine more efficient design, and just adapting to technology. With the 03 cobra well thats is just the straw that killed the camel or camaro rather. The cobra has independant rear, supercharger, 6 speed, and a choked exhaust. I dont think that the camaro is just taking time off because of sales Im sure they realizied that it was time to think outside the box that they have been in for so long. So camaro may have won most the battles mustang won the war. It just took them a few years to figure out how.

12. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

and the price u pay for each ?

i mean.. the audi's price against the camaro

13. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

i still think its funny how a subaru wrx-STi not only hung with the cobra but passed it in "hot rod" magazine

and yes i know a wrx has nothing to do with the topic...
    its just that this dude just said it took ford a few years to figure out how to win the war with the camaro

its funny becuase they wouldnt be able to win a battle againts a 4 door 4 banger

and yes i love the camaro (i have a 91' rs... but looking for z28)
    and i also love the wrx... WoOt woOt

edit - oh yeah... wtf do u mean chevy has used the same outdated engine ?? if the LS1 (put in 1998) can still kick ass... its not outdated to me

and... people keep saying how camaro is discontinude... well... mustang doesnt have long either

and... anyone seen the new GTO ??? useing a 3rd gen LS1... mustang again will lose the battle against GM

14. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

HEY GHOSST..........I GOT FOUR LETTERS AND THREE NUMBERS FOR YOUR DAMN SS........... B O S S 4 2 9...I THINK THATS ALL I NEED TO SAY.

15. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

HEY MAN I GOT ONE WORD AND THREE NUMBERS FOR YOU.............................BOSS 429........I THINK THATS ALL I NEED TO SAY.

16. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

I got 10 letters for you SUCK MY DICK! Mustangs were not the first legend, and will not outlast the Chevy Corvette. It will be here longer than the MUSTANG will ever dream of Being here.

17. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

No matter how hard ford tries, they never can top GM. Prove me wrong.

18. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

I have a 2000 Cobra R (if you even know what that is) with BFG's on it and ive only lost to a viper. Im running in the mid 12s on street tires and a bone stock Cobra R motor. Not to mention all of the autocross trophies and championships that ive won with a stock car. I bet you anything that you just got your license and your just some kid speakin off cause you got burned. If you claim your so fast, have you heard of the 2003 Cobra (390HP), 2003 Roush Stage 3 (380HP), Saleen S281-E (425HP), and the 2000 Cobra R (385HP). All of these figures are net at the wheels. These are world class cars that could burn any chevy production product not just in that pussy sport called drag racing, im talkin about real racing like FIA and autocross. Just in case your thinkin that this concept car could take all of those just take a look at the 1994 Ford Mustang Boss Concept.

19. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

neither 1970 hemi challenger

20. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

Having once owned a mustang...and now owning a camaro...i must say that the mustang doesnt even compare to the camaro...the camaro has always been a better car than the mustang....since the 60's its been better...im trully sorry about GM discontinuing them...i wanted a newer one...still i'd rather have a stock 85 camaro than any mustang out there....

21. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

amen to that bro. after all the muscle cars died it was just the camaro and the 'stang. the stang won in sales, which basically sealed the fate of the camaro, atleast for now. I think chevy's rethinking their camaro, 'specially with the advancement of OHC and DOHC engines. They were still using non-advanced OHV engines, which didnt help their sales at all. Dont get me wrong, nothing beats a big block pushrod V-8 (i.e. 427), but the DOHC is whats popular now. Both Chevy and Ford sealed the fate of the Camaro, but it'll be back eventually. Im personally a ford man.

Also, a while back i read a rather old comparison of edmunds.com bout a mustang gt vs. a camaro. overall they said the camaro was better at speed and accellaration, but the stang had better and more responsive handling, and was more ideal for everyday driving. this was from like 96 or somethin. either way, that was probably another reason the stang killed the camaro and its twin brother the firebird in sales. LONG LIVE AMERICAN MUSCLE!

22. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

dood...if i could, id like raise your karma somehow. props for the AWESOME comment.

23. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

WHO EVER SAID IT DOES OUTRUN THEMUSTANG YEARIN AND YEAROUT? mAYBE THEY DON'T WANT TO RACE YOU. EVER THOUGHT ABOUT THAT? I'M NOT SAYIN THAT CAMARO SUCKS, BUT I THINK THAT MUSTANG IS BETTER, FASTER, AND HAS BETTER HANDLING. SO WHY DON'T YOU TAKE YOUR CAMARO AND GO AHEAD AND TAKE IT TO THE JUNK YARD WHERE IT BELONGS.

24. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

Dude, I have a 1972 Chevy Nova with nothing but a jerry riged ram air system and a rebuilt motor that runs in the high 12's. if your #$%#ing super car is so bad ass it shuld probably go a little faster than that. I personaly have nothing against Stangs I say if it goes fast I like it. But just the fact that it's a Ford kinda bust's it.

25. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

1) Z-28 factory rate 305hp. and put 300 down on our dyno... Mustang GT rate 260, put down 225... Cobra rate 305, put down 280... Most of the GT are stick, Most the Z cars are auto, and the cobra has no auto option... And for some reason they've run hundreds of each on that dyno... Regardless, the f-body would be the better car in that contest...

2) "if ford really wanted to make stock mustangs that could smoke stock camaros they could, ever hear of Saleen SR or Saleen 281?" - PapaWoody
    Saleen is a tuner company... Do you know what stock means? But even considering them stock, they cost as much as the Z06... That ruins your "A)Camaro - A more expensive car" barb, which I assume means theres a point where you can overpay for a ponycar. A 28k Z-28 is faster than a 26k GT... The 50k Saleens are faster then the 28k camaro...

3) I like audi, but the audi being whined about costs as much as a 03 cobra, which completely owns it... P.S... It's a jetta...

4) "camaro SS is suposed to go against the cobra, not GT. same with the S10, exept its against the lightning." - Lay Zkid
    I'm going out on a limb and assume you mean the 03 cobra there... So camaro with a k&n and a hole in the hood for the extra 2 grand should compete with the 10k positive displaced blower upgrade... You are either a moron, or lying just to lie, like most of these others... 17k 4 clyander s-10 sucks compared to 32k full sized supercharged lightning... And that's your argument for ford superiority? Asshole or retard dude... your pick

5) "I have a 2000 Cobra R (if you even know what that is) with BFG's on it and ive only lost to a viper. Im running in the mid 12s on street tires and a bone stock Cobra R motor." - 2000CobraR

Liar or idiot... Pick a camp... The 2000 cobra R was flogged by MM&FF magazine for hours by professional drivers to produce a best of 12.942@111.51mph in the 1/4... Perhaps yours is magic...

5a) "have you heard of the 2003 Cobra (390HP), 2003 Roush Stage 3 (380HP), Saleen S281-E (425HP), and the 2000 Cobra R (385HP). All of these figures are net at the wheels" - 2000CobraR

Again... At the wheels means measured on a dyno... And no... None of those cars do that... 03 cobra comes closest at around 375... Ignorance, or total disregard for the truth...