camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

Discussion in '2002 Ford GT40 Concept' started by v8ss, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

Pile of crap? The GT40 was made to go up against ferraris. A camaro would fall apart before it can beat a GT40.

2. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

I think he's reffering to the C6....he must have actually believed one of the jagoffs spreading all the rumors that it's going to have 600 bhp

The GT40 is an incredible machine, a historic race car that beat the piss out of Ferrari in Le Mans back in the 60's....it's part of Fords history.

Now if you seriously believe that some 9-second Camaro is better than a thoroughbred historic race car....I would recommend seeing a doctor, or maybe you're just a #$%#ing moron.

3. #28 ChryslerBigBlock, Sep 23, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: pretty quick

didn't they drop the camaro? www.gm.com/cgi-bin/pr_display?2538
    so why would they make the zl1 if they do not intend to make the camaro

and so far as i have seen, the zl1 is only a concept car

and besides, you're comparing a blown 5.4L to a unaspirated 9.3L...why don't we compare cars that are remotely similar

4. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

both the zl1 and the boss would fall apart within a lap of any track. They were made for short bursts of acceleration, and even then are plagued with mechanical failures.

You could just up the supercharger on the gt40 to about 3bar and put out about 1500 horsepower, smoke the boss and the zl1 in a quarter mile. Sure, the engine would be destroyed, but the boss' and the zl1's will be too after only a couple runs.

If you want to argue performance around a track, your best pick for a camaro would be the SS, and your best pick for the mustang would probably be the cobra R. (As I said before, the boss and the zl1 wouldnt last a lap). The GT40 would easily out accelerate and outhandle both of these. When it comes to ENDURANCE racing, the GT40 was built for it. I highly doubt a cobra R or a camaro SS could run in race conditions for 24 hours straight.

5. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

Thank you American HP for talking some sense. You are correct on every point. I have read the article and I saw the Car and Driver TV version. Basically, i have a huge prejudice against the ZL1. I feel it is a useless car. This GT40 on the other hand is quite a machine. It is far superior to the ZL1 in every respect. Furthermore, i think that bickering over quatermile times and 0-60 times of these cars is useless. Anyone could make a 9.3 liter engine or boost the hell out of any engine and make incredible horsepower and quartermile times so fast they begin to depend on traction rather than power given enough money. Therefore these comparisons are stupid unless you take things like money into account.

6. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

this car sux, i meam the or any camaro for that fact all camaros suck *********** i hate them all the are slow terrible handling and like 125 top speed stock any mustang could beat it even a stock coupe lmfao u stupid *****.

7. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

this car sux, i meam the or any camaro for that fact all camaros suck *********** i hate them all the are slow terrible handling and like 125 top speed stock any mustang could beat it even a stock coupe lmfao u stupid *****.

8. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

9. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

10. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

11. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

12. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

this car sux bad!!! camaro

13. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

cool car not!!!

14. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

in an actual race? no it wouldn't. Come down from fantasy land and be realistic. this would definetely win. Aerodynamics, a better engine, and prob. better handling makes this car unbeatable in the Stock American sports car catagory.

15. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

/\
    ||
    i agree with him ||
    ||
    ||
    ||

16. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

Someone that finally knows what hes talking about.

17. Cobra Potential

How fcking old are you u fckin cherry

18. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

Camaro = no longer produced.
    GT40 = produced.
    Camaro doesn't even compete with it... because it's not even made anymore!
    perforamnce wis, give respect to Ford.
    Granted the GT40 doesn't have the performance found in the GT90, but lets face it, Ford is getting more high powered.
    The Mustang, is bringing back the 5.0, and may even have the 5.4 Lightning SVT engine as an option in the near future.
    at least they're not cutting, but expanding!

19. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

Dont get me wrong but the camaro is sweet, but come on.
    ITS A GT40 FOR GODS SAKE.It killed ferraris in its day. GT40 is made for one thing, racing. You have no idea what your talking about.

20. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

haha, agreed. Im guessing some of these people in these forums dont even know what cylinder deactivation is or what the purpose of NAPA ducts are.

21. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

well some of us do :)
    this is one awesome car!
    Ford also could have used a slightly bigger engine...
    but they wanted to match the 500hp such as the originals did, while maintaing some fuel ecconomy in there as well...

22. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

it aint a pile of crap retard

23. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

and the super Jaguar will destroy the vette...
    wait, Jaguar is already doing that, in the Trans Am.

24. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

i dont see this fight. why fight over this crap when the real fight is with japanese cars. i am fine with companys such as ferrari lamborghini jaguar but seriously honda and mitshubishi we need out and have if not all american muscle but with a twist of european. if there is anyone with me thats cool but i cant stand this fighting between two cars that both equally hold thier own.

25. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

You ignorant ass hole!!!!!! The boss mustang concept beat the camaro zl1 in the 1/4 mile and on the road corse the so stfu *****.