camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

Discussion in '2002 Ford GT40 Concept' started by v8ss, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

lmao.. looking back on this i relize how #$%#ing stupid i am.. sorry guys.. lmmfao

2. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

The GT40 is one of the few Fords I like,and I'll say this,in the 60's it was bad ass,and if they start it up again,it'll still be bad ass,it may not beat the ZL1,but the ZL1 will not be made no matter how much I want it to be made,so they are both good cars.

3. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

ok 1 question.
    the new gt 40 is to be road leagl.
    Is the boss mustang and ZL1 road legal.
    not by one %$#^$# country mile.
    end of story, only compare road lgal cars to each other.dont even bother bout these purpose drag built machines.

My personal opinion

4. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

shut your face. gt40 would kick ass

5. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

Ehhh....wow...I'll admit, I am literally bungy-jumping way down to that guys level for even responding here....Im talking about the placenta that said "wait for the supervette to come out". First off like everyone stated here..The ORIGINAL ZL1 Concept that raced and loss to the Mustang Boss CONCEPT was a TUNER car. The engine block on the ZL1 Concept was using a DONOVAN engine BLOCK. DONOVAN only manufactures Racing engine blocks for RACE CARS. Second, what kind of a comeback is that...wait for the supervette. In that case...wait for the SUPER-GT with 5000 HP with 5000lbs of torque. Reality check, if ur going to talk trash and be ignorant, at least do it in present tense. Oh for the record, DRAG cars are meant to go really fast in the quarter mile, they are not made to handle that well.

6. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

ford awesome no chevy beet ford were you been uranus

7. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

The GT40 can handle while ur Camaro can't. The GT40 is a GT class car, ur camara has no chance.

8. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

can u say ugly ?! dodge viper srt-10 is faster and looks mucchh better.The ZL1 is faster too. and why does ford have to supercharge everything ? the SRT-10 isnt supercharged is it - yet it still brings the same HP. if Ford gave up superchargers they would be the some of the slowest peices of shit around.

9. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

should i start talking some sense with this guy, or just a waste of time.
    the things he is saying it seems he is a waste of time

10. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

Hey this car can outhandle the Viper, remember, this is the road version of a GT class car. ANd it has a MR layout. Hey this car has less displacement than the Viper. Why does dodge have to have such high displacement to make a lot of hp??? If Dodge gave up displacement they would be some slowest pieces of shit around. ANd don't tell me the Dodge DRT-4 has only 2.4L but have 215hp, becuz that car uses Mitsubishi's turbo.

11. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

I'm sorry, but the GT40 would win.

12. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

i heard they are producing this for 68,000 dollars

13. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

Personally i like the way the gt40 looks more then the viper in fact the 03 viper sucks, looks wise. The 02 01 models were so much better. Second of all Viper has a ****ing 8.3 litter engine makeing what um 500 horse power? yeah 500 horses n.a is great except that the engine weighs a lot more then this one, over heats faster, the car was made for one perpuse only, go straight really fast, and would still probebly run much slower then the gt40, the only props i give to the new viper is that it's more airo dynamic then before, besides that it's useing a much bigger engine to do what the gt 40 does, and so what if it's supercharged stop your bitching, I don't complain about how the viper is a v10 car basicly useing a truck engine in a sport compact car. Actually if you wanna hear something funny the engine was originally desighend for a truck but they put it in a car and everyone was crazy about it that's why the viper is what it is today. Personally I think vipers are overated. The gt40 would also hand the viper it's ass on the track, it's producing the same power, but more airo dynamic, much lighter and can handle better what does the viper have on this car? NOTHING. Next the zl1, cheavy's only fast car. It was a good concept car, tuned up the ass, and broke down on it's first run against the boss which handed the zl1 it's ass but also broke down. Then cheavy remakes the zl1, and all the cheavy fans use that only car as their defense, cause they know that a vette would have it's ass handed to it by the gt40 and besides the zl1 which used raceing slick, fully moded and only made to go in a straight line cheavy fans have nothing to match the gt40 please shut the hell up, compare cars of equall class, and then maybe i'll listen to you

14. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

hey jackass remind me again... who still makes performance cars? oh thats right... FORD!!! chevy is dead and always will be, they killed the monte, they killed the impala, they killed the nova, they killed the camaro literally, all u idiots have is that overpriced fiberglass excuse for a sports car, the vette. the camaro is dead...GET OVER IT! CHEVY SUCKS!!!!

15. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

Yeah you can't say a car is fastser if you know nothing about it.

16. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

Chevy doesn't "suck" persay, but the Camaro does suck, and has nothing on this.

17. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

THE GT40 IS ACTUALLY PRODUCTION YOU CAN BUY ONE IN 2004 I THINK OR FALL 2003 BUT ANYWAY THAT CAMARO WOULD SUCK AT TURNS IT WOULD HAVE TO SLOW DOWN AND WOULDN;'T BE ABLE TO USE ITS POWER....AND IF FORD WANTED TO MAKE A CAR JUST FOR FUN WAIT THEY HAVE ITS CALLED A GT90 IT GOES 235 AND CAN TURN GOOD...TOP 25 IN ALMOST EVERY ASPECT

18. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

Cut it with the Caps.

19. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

you sound like a dumbass

20. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

no im sorry, you're a complete #$%#ing moron. the GT-40 is the only good ford made for production, except for the GT-90, which was a concept and had a quad turbo engine which should be producing well over 1200hp, but its not. The ZL1 is faster than the boss, and has a smaller engine. It would handle better as well. The crapstangs weigh a ton, which is there huge disadvantage, and have to use superchargers to reach high HP out of their engines, but still cant produce a good amount. Chevy wins with their naturally aspirated engines, without a doubt. Sorry Ford really really sucks.

21. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........FORD DOESNT MAKE ANY PERFORMANCE CARS!!! THE MUSTANG IS A JOKE! THE OWNERS OF FORD SHOULD WALK INTO ONCMING TRAFFIC AND GIVE US ALL SOME PLEASURE. THE VETTE IS FASTER THAN THE MUSTANG AND HANDLES WAAAAAYYY BETTER AND THE CAMARO ISNT DEAD EITHER SO SUCK IT *****!

22. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

WHAT A FUCKING RETARD!!! First of all, the GT-40 is a circuit car, so this thing turn corners over a #$%#ing ZL1, you idiot. Yes, the ZL1 is faster in a straight line, but remember, the GT-40 isn't as lame as drag racing (I love drag racing, but racing around a circuit a true test of a car's abilities. No I'm not talking about NASCAR circuits, even though NASCAR is all-right).
    2nd of all, the ZL1, is drag racer, not a circuit racer, so please shut the hell up and have some common sense, for goodness' sakes.

23. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

Great, so many idiots on this thread. It makes me feel ashamed to be a Ford and Chevy fan, seeing these Ford and Chevy radicals argue with each other. It's just sad.

24. i love the zl1, great car. but u #$%#ing retards need to quit trying to compare apples to oranges. zl1 was built as a drag racing maching. that is why it has a 4.11 to 4.88 range for its poi rear end. it is not design for "formula" style racing. the ford gt is the complete opposite, it is design to win circle track racing. to settle this, the zl1 would win the quarter mile. the gt would win the lap until u put a zl1 engine in a z28. if u were to put 6 gears in the camaro and raise the ratio from 4.11 to 3.42 it would be a close match considering the massive hp the zl1 can crank out and the fact that the camaro weighs 2880 and the engine weighs less than a small block 327 chevy motor. the ford gt weighs about 200 lbs less, but has less hp. so they are even. drag race or racing around town, zl1 wins, can u say wheelie time #%!@es. i hope i settled this and sat u #$%#ers down!