can it beat tha hummer????

Discussion in '1963 Shelby Competition Cobra 289 Le Mans Hardtop' started by C.O.P.O., Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CobraWitABang69</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from vette</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CobraWitABang69</i>
    <b>Hell yeah it can beat the box on wheels. When ur inside it, it feels like a piece of tin.GM sucks dick. All yall people that like that gay company are on crack. I got a 2001 cobra with performance heads, supercharger and everything. I'll whoop all yall ass's, and so will camero eater.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

hey buddy that's to bad that you have to use a superchager to get big horse power. my 76 vette would kill you down the strip easily.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    1st, my cobra has 425 miles on the ticker, but still has 490(and i still got more improvements to do) i'm thinkin about doing 8's in the quarter mile on the street!! So you should probably say sorry for what you said cause u must of been high. And if you wan't all engine, i got a friend with a clean engine that has about 1,200HP!!!
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

budy you think your hot shit. well where are you from the states. wiat untill next year when i rebuild the vette engine angain. right now i have the fasest street car in alberta and bc. mustangs arne't even fast buddy the trans am killed those.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

who cares bout you and your cubic inches. all i asked was which is better off road and now we all know its the hummer because the tonka wouldnt get the grip on the terrain because its too heavy at the front and too light at the back. and fords engines are the weakest ever, toyota engines are unburstable<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

Quote from Vette

"budy you think your hot shit. well where are you from the states. wiat untill next year when i rebuild the vette engine angain. right now i have the fasest street car in alberta and bc. mustangs arne't even fast buddy the trans am killed those."

Buy a dictionary.

4. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from OOJUGGALO7</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from vette</i>
    <b>the hummer would mop that piece of shit ford in an off road cometition easily. and if ford makes better engines than chev than why are the chevy's so much faster and more powerful. their 327 will kill the fords biggest v8 and the 496 will destroy fords v10 .</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The 327 can't even touch Ford's 351 let alone their bigger V8s. Yes the 327 is a nice engine, I used to have one in my 79 Monte Carlo, but it still doesn't compare to most Ford V8s. As for the V10 vs the 496 look at the difference in engine size. Why don't you compare one of chevy's engines to one of Ford's 500+ ci engines. Oh yeah, I know why you don't. Its because it would rip apart anything that chevy has.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Ahh.....believe it or not, the 327 would kick the 351's ass. Its true. Also, it used to walk all over the 350 Camaro. The 327 is one kick ass engine. Very under rated. And, to the dumbass who said the dual wheels on the back is good for snow, what kind of idiot are you???? Jeez! That completely f*cks up the traction....you don't want fat tires in snow....i knows that is the lovely trying to cut though the snowdrifts!! Where do u live, Mexico where there is no snow???? Back to the tread.....The hummer would eat this thing off road, hands down. Anything else, this thing probably has the upper hand. By the way, i think most of the ppl who posted shit on this thread are about 12.

L8a dayz <!-- Signature -->

5. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

Oh yeah, i almost forgot, if you REALLY want to go off-roading....buy a Honda Foreman 450S and slap a set of 27in Mud Bugs on it....THEN you are ready for off-roading. (for all you 12 year old idiots out there, thats an ATV)

L8a dayz<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

why have this ATV thing wheen you can have a yamaha TW 200 that would get just as far n maybe further<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Truckman</i>
    <b>Buddy, you need to do a little reading. Of course it can beat a Hummer. Hummers kick out a pathetic 195 horses and 450 pounds of torque out of a smelly old piece of crap that GM built years ago. Drop this engine in on the Hummers amazing body and youll shave 4 or 5 seconds of the zero to 60!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    your stupid. dont talk. neither of these are supposed to be for racing. the hummer has over 400 lbs of torque, god you people anger me.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from vette</i>
    <b>the hummer would mop that piece of shit ford in an off road cometition easily. and if ford makes better engines than chev than why are the chevy's so much faster and more powerful. their 327 will kill the fords biggest v8 and the 496 will destroy fords v10 .</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The 327 can't even touch Ford's 351 let alone their bigger V8s. Yes the 327 is a nice engine, I used to have one in my 79 Monte Carlo, but it still doesn't compare to most Ford V8s. As for the V10 vs the 496 look at the difference in engine size. Why don't you compare one of chevy's engines to one of Ford's 500+ ci engines. Oh yeah, I know why you don't. Its because it would rip apart anything that chevy has.

9. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from vette</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CobraWitABang69</i>
    <b>Hell yeah it can beat the box on wheels. When ur inside it, it feels like a piece of tin.GM sucks dick. All yall people that like that gay company are on crack. I got a 2001 cobra with performance heads, supercharger and everything. I'll whoop all yall ass's, and so will camero eater.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

hey buddy that's to bad that you have to use a superchager to get big horse power. my 76 vette would kill you down the strip easily.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    1st, my cobra has 425 miles on the ticker, but still has 490(and i still got more improvements to do) i'm thinkin about doing 8's in the quarter mile on the street!! So you should probably say sorry for what you said cause u must of been high. And if you wan't all engine, i got a friend with a clean engine that has about 1,200HP!!!

10. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

Uh, why is this being considered against this Ford, yes its a nice full-size truck capabl of lots, HMMWV...if you havent rid in one, then you dont know twhat your talking about, so far everyon ive read on here and to include myself, which still rides in them everyday, says HMMWV's are a royal pos, i dont know how they caught on, they are weak

Now, as for you Chevy Vs Ford Etc.. idiots, if you cant respect both then your ignorant, immature and probably illiterate to a point, now i know thats a few big words but im sure youve been called them before, if you talk they way you do on here.
    Chevy has BENEFITTED greatly from FORD's advances, those who know there history know what Iam talking about(the 350). Each has there ups and downs and you cant say which is better cause someone is gonna diagree with you, i dint want to bring this up but I own a vette and a Mustang, frankly i like driving my mustang better...its only got the I-6 200 w/T-5 (swapped) 140HP tops!

If your American, and you feel you need to hate someone for the car they drive focus it towards imports, cause its no longer Ford vs Chevy, its American Domestics vs. THE WORLD...

Thanks!

11. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

Buddy, you need to do a little reading. Of course it can beat a Hummer. Hummers kick out a pathetic 195 horses and 450 pounds of torque out of a smelly old piece of crap that GM built years ago. Drop this engine in on the Hummers amazing body and youll shave 4 or 5 seconds of the zero to 60!

12. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

I reckon it could too. For starters it's more powerful, probably lighter, better looking and more stylish! It aint a box on wheels like the hummer. If I compared it to the Hummer H2 SUV I'd back the hummer but not the one thats out now.

13. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

this an a hummer are in two different classes. the hummer is a true off-road beast. this thing can off-road. it would either tip over on a hill or just sink in the mudd. and who cares about 0-60 times. i dont think this thing was ment to take to the drags.

14. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

you people just dont learn anything, dragging is not this or the hummers point for being built. In this i am guessing they are showing what kind of engine they are capable of producing, i am sure it gets horrible gas mileage and wouldnt pass the environmental crap. this is made for towing and haulin stuff. the hummer is made for off-roading. but to answer your little question this would beat the hummer.<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

of course it can beat the hummer how old is the humma now ?? think about and ford shits all ova gm in engine making so ill let u sort that shit out 4 yourself

oh and it aint a box<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

-hey hey listen up isten up
    get this through ur thick heads........
    hummer is the guru of offroading.....no one i mean no one touches the hummer.
    forget the topspeed and shit ever u gang r talking about.
    in a terrible offroad a hummer is wat everyone should rely on.
    ((((((((((((((((((DIG IT))))))))))))))))
    <!-- Signature -->

17. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

As you could see, there are many aspects in which this F-350 would make crap the hummer, like speed, engine, design, bla bla bla. But this truck could NOT evenly be thinked to beat the Hummer on the Offroad way. Hummer is not just like otherones say in their posts: "
    A design that GM made some years ago", the design of the Hummer is beyond that, they constuct it with specific and special ways so It could get into almost any place. This beast could go throught Forests, Rivers ( it could be almost all the vehicle sink and it would continue working Ok), SO, please donpt compare things that doesnŽt have to be with other, the F-350 are for other things, and is MOSTLY not for WAR, as the Hummer was constructed for WAR.<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

hell no it cant

19. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

ur such a dumbass

20. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

Just to make a little comment, the Hummer is not the ultimate offroad vehicle. The Tonka is certainly not but the Mercedes Unimog with a 6.4 litre diesel L6, 14 speed transmision (8 forward gears, 6 reverse), 18 inches of ground clearance, pmnumatic brakes, J brake, onboard generator, and optional traintrack package is the undisputed king of offroading. Period!

21. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

I have been driving hummers for the military going on 7 years, and I'm here to tell you it is an overpriced piece of shit. I've taken my stock F-150 with the 300 inline six places that no hummer could even dream about going. The hummer is too #$%#ing wide. As for the tonka edition f-350, its dualies would bury themselves in sand, but in the mud and snow it's all good. As for weight most of you bastards obviously don't know what you are talking about. If you're vehicle is too light, which is a problem the hummer has constantly, it can't get any traction whatsoever. You need a little weight to dig deep into the ruts and grip decent ground to keep you going, and with 22inch rims, I'm sure the tires on this ***** can go deep enough to do that. As for gas mileage my father has the 7.5 liter powerstroke in his current truck and he is averaging 18 MPG, so with this being a smaller engine with the special system to increase its efficiency you are looking at close to 25 MPG. As for getting moving, horsepower has nothing to do with it. Horsepower just keeps you moving. It's torque that gets you moving. Also horsepower and torque can mean nothing if you aren't geared right. The military 2 1/2 ton truck is only pushing like 150 horsepower and maybe 200 ft lbs of torque, but I guarantee that in a tug of war it would beat anything that anyone has here.

22. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

hey cameroeater. i went to your website and i must say i wasnt impressed. it looked like a bunch stock ass bronco, with the exception of a few, that were parked in a parking lot. and im pretty sure that your bronco has never even touched the mudd. you wanna go off-road. bring it. i would drive passed you in reverse through the mudd and then crawl over your bronco when it tips over on the hills. shit ill get my friends suzuki samurai and it would school you anyday of the week. but thats not the point of this forum. i still say that a hummer would own this ford off-road. easily.

23. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 68stang</i>
    <b>i dont know if this would beat a hummer..mabey..but most fullsize trucks are not too good off road,but built for towing and carrying a heavy payload,plus they are way to big to do any decent trailriding(same with hummers)i personally think that nothing can go offroad like a jeep cj5.. what can compeat with that small of a wheelbase and their toughness other than mabey an old bronco, blazer or scout.
    (unlessyou want to count those expensive ass mercedies)

and vette
    i hope that your f'n joking because no beetle is going to havea 502 in it</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

of course its got a 502 you think that it can't be done because he did it.<!-- Signature -->

24. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

<b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 68stang</i>
    <b>i dont know if this would beat a hummer..mabey..but most fullsize trucks are not too good off road,but built for towing and carrying a heavy payload,plus they are way to big to do any decent trailriding(same with hummers)i personally think that nothing can go offroad like a jeep cj5.. what can compeat with that small of a wheelbase and their toughness other than mabey an old bronco, blazer or scout.
    (unlessyou want to count those expensive ass mercedies)

and vette
    i hope that your f'n joking because no beetle is going to havea 502 in it</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

of course its got a 502 you think that it can't be done because he did it.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Obviously you have never seen a 502 ci chevy engine. Either that or you haven't seen a bug. I should hope its the former and not the latter. Even if you completely ripped out the interior on the bug there still wouldn't be enough room to fit that engine in that car. If you think you can keep any credibility you had before mentioning it by arguing to defend it then you are sadly mistaken. You only make yourself look more stupid with each rebutal.