can it beat tha hummer????

Discussion in '1963 Shelby Competition Cobra 289 Le Mans Hardtop' started by C.O.P.O., Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

1) the hummer h1 isn't a sportcar that goes 200 mph
    2) the hummer h1 is a ultimate offroader
    3) the hummer h1 doesn't need 350 bhp to do what it's mend to do
    4) no offroader has got the acceleration like a sportscar
    5) I can't see this ford do like the hummer below

conclusion: it beat the hummer on bhp and torque
    it a complete failure offroad.

this ford is a big truck made for driving on the normal streets
    the hummer h1 is the ultimate ofrfroad machine

2. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

Is it just me or is the H1 only available to the military?

3. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

no you can buy it also in civilian edition

4. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

nope, it cant, not the alpha hummer, dats the koolsst

5. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

Idiot. Why does hummer need high speed? do know how big that thing is? why does someone want to make a hummer go fast? That things specificly ment to do something else, racing isn't one.

6. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

Someone a block away has a hummer, ask Kw_killer... he lives by me.. it has the CTIS on the wheels. It's pretty old but that things awesome. The son once took it off road and got it stuck in a bunch of hills and mud. Imagine toe trucking that!

7. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

I knew it, it was just me.

8. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

Note to truckman-
    450 lb-ft of torque is not pathetic. You're just so proud of your little Mazda B2200 pickup that you have no time to recognize real torque when you see it.

9. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

in looks? any thing can beat that.

10. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

it isnt made to win the beautycontest. but to splash in mud, grease, become dirty as hell, etc.
    (talking about the hummer)

11. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

honestly i dont think theres many off roaders that can keep up with the hummer, id say that the toyota landcruiser can, the izuzu trooper and maybe the mitsubishi pajero. anyone else agree

12. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

2 words:

big foot

13. Re: This vs. Hummer

HUMMERS, which i hate, scored lowest in NTSB mechanical reliability tests. Besides that, This truck could surpass any stupid hummer in its sleep.

14. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

02 ford explorer with the 4.6l SOHC V8 4X4 (2" lift package or not)

15. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

02 Ford Explorer 4.6L SOHC V8 (with 2" stock lift package or not) could probably do the job all stock.

16. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

LET ALONE THAT THE HUMMER H2 IS TERRIBLE ON GAS

17. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

Guys. Stopping gunning the HUMMER(H1), will u? The original(military) version was made sometime like 20 years ago. And it stiil the best offroad(production, not tuned by yourself) car in the world.
    I bet u any money that it'd beat the Tonka on offroad. But not towing shit or speed. And the onlt thing I hate about it is the damn price. $70,000 for a base model? RIDICIOUS!!!!!!

18. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

I heard from a friend's uncle that his brother or someone he knew got to drive a military H1 in Afghanistan or somewhere in a desert, and he took like a turn on like a 30 degree slope at 60 MPH. For a vehicle that big, thats pretty damn good.

19. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

That's right. MasterCorba. That's the only reason why the US military chose it. And they are still fighting for America!!!!!!

20. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

only problem is i dont think the military H1s are all armored. I think only some are, and those are the ones with the gattling guns on the roof.

21. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

It's a good comparo. The H1 probably has an edge, but if it's taking on an H2 there is no question the Ford would win.

22. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

BUT, the H1 is one thing, the Military H1 is much better.

23. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

the first thing i'll do is shove a dodge viper engine in the hummer then it'll beat the tonka in every aspect
    HUMMER, ONCE U'VR DRIVEN IT... U'LL THINK UR UNBREAKABLE COPYRIGHT 2003, (TOYOTA TAXED THIS PHASE OFF ME!)