Can this possibly take Audi off the thrown?

Discussion in '2001 Chrysler LMP' started by F U C K, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Just wondering what you all think about it. Sure it looks like it has enormous potenial but is it good enough to stay on top with the Audi R8's and the Bentley Speed 8???????? Please comment on this.

2. Re: Can this possibly take Audi off the thrown?

I would say negative on it taking out Audi.
    Panoz is the one I can see unseating the Audis. And, since that hasn't happened yet, I am not seeing a Chrysler taking out the R8.

Go Audi!<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Can this possibly take Audi off the thrown?

this car was 23 laps behind the lead R8. It came in 4th after 2 r8s and a bently exp at 2001 LM<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Can this possibly take Audi off the thrown?

Not too sure. Looks like it has a good future. Good aerodynamics, good engine, lightweight. I think it pretty much depends on the driver. A car can't reach it's maximum potential with a sorry driver. Not saying it's current driver is sorry....but still... For example, you get a good driver in like....a full-race Civic Si hatchback or a CRX Si (something light like that) with a Spoon-modified B18C5 engine with no emission controls and put them on a curvy track against a field of drivers in Audi R8's who don't know jack-squat about driving in general and he'll school them like crazy.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Can this possibly take Audi off the thrown?

I dont think so.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Can this possibly take Audi off the thrown?

I DONT SEE ANYTHING THAT CAN BEAT AUDI. PANOZ MAY BEAT IT EVERY HUNDRED RACES BUT WHEN THE RACES THAT COUNT COME UP. LEMANS, SBRING, PETITIE LEMANS, THE AUDIS SHINE BRIGHT. <!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Can this possibly take Audi off the thrown?

I dunno about an audi..

8. Re: Can this possibly take Audi off the thrown?

ANything can take te audi crown. but some things suggest against it. For example the money spent on the teams is incredbly differed. Audi Spends over 17 million, for its team a year. thats alot of moola comparision to Panoz 7 million. MOre PArts, better crews, better drivers. a money thing. takes the fun out of motor sport doesnt it? Damned business . . . Wheres the testosterone pumping rush i used to get seeing a screaming V8 Falcon(AUssie touring cars)flying past me at bathurst race track? Its in the wallet of a team owner. Thats were.

9. Re: Can this possibly take Audi off the thrown?

No wonder Audi's on top in LeMans. Rich bastards. Give Panoz that kind of money and Audi won't be king of LeMans anymore.

10. Re: Can this possibly take Audi off the thrown?

Audi is the only global manufacturer pouring bucket loads off money into their work cars for Le Mans and ALMS.

11. Re: Can this possibly take Audi off the thrown?

no

12. Well, it's now 2006 and I'm writing this to confirm that the Audi R8 is STILL the king of Le Mans, Sebring, Petit Le Mans, etc. After Martin Short sold his two Dallara SP1's in 2005 nobody else would race them. Now the Dallara is firmly sitting in the retired section and Audi has a new contender with a win at Sebring already.....

13. well i think it wouldnt because the 2001 and 2002 audi produced 659hp and the chysler only 584hp the 2001 bentley produced 637hp but the chysler managa to out qaulify the bentley the only car this impressive that has about the same horsepower is the dome s101 producing 590hp and bearly out qaulified the chysler.but would the little chysler to the monster like the audi r8'01.

14. well its not as fast but i think dallara and chrysler have made one of the best looking lemans prototype i have ever seen.