Can u compare this to a Viper??????

Discussion in '2002 Bugatti 16/4 Veyron Preproduction' started by viperRulz, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Holy crap i gotta admit this car kicks royal ass.
    u guys think it can be compared to Viper?????

2. Re: Can u compare this to a Viper??????

not realy. Viper is front engine rear drive with a v10. Only thing it has in common is engine displacement (8 liters). Has anyone seen a viper with 1,000 hp yet? This car is also all wheel drive. Its a major step up from a viper in my view. I dont think I would ever have the money to contemplate a decision between buying this or a viper. Let alone who wants to spend about 1 million on a car? If I were bill gates then yes I would but he is a computer geek not a car enthusiast.

3. Re: Can u compare this to a Viper??????

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 51coronet</i>
    <b>not realy. Viper is front engine rear drive with a v10. Only thing it has in common is engine displacement (8 liters). Has anyone seen a viper with 1,000 hp yet? This car is also all wheel drive. Its a major step up from a viper in my view. I dont think I would ever have the money to contemplate a decision between buying this or a viper. Let alone who wants to spend about 1 million on a car? If I were bill gates then yes I would but he is a computer geek not a car enthusiast.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

that isnt exactly true
    bill gates has a garage full of cars, including a porsche 959<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Can u compare this to a Viper??????

That thing is an abomination.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Can u compare this to a Viper??????

the only other car that comes clsoe to this is the mclaren f1

6. Re: Can u compare this to a Viper??????

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 51coronet</i>
    <b>not realy. Viper is front engine rear drive with a v10. Only thing it has in common is engine displacement (8 liters). Has anyone seen a viper with 1,000 hp yet? This car is also all wheel drive. Its a major step up from a viper in my view. I dont think I would ever have the money to contemplate a decision between buying this or a viper. Let alone who wants to spend about 1 million on a car? If I were bill gates then yes I would but he is a computer geek not a car enthusiast.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Actually, the 2000 Dodge SVS Viper Stryker Twin Turbo has 993 bhp (close enough) engine. They haven't done road tests on it yet to see it's optimal performance but it's estimated to have a 0-60 of under 3 seconds like the 800TT. With this in mind, neither the 800TT nor the Stryker will ever come close to beating the 16/4 Veyron on a race track, because viper's are only good in a straight line.

7. Re: Can u compare this to a Viper??????

Realistically a comparison of this sort would not work. Sure, a viper may be blessed with an 8 litre engine and too much horsepower to handle, but put one of those on a corse with any turns at all and your looking at one hell of a sloppy machine. On the other hand, in my opinion, this Bugatti, with all-wheel drive wont have such difficulties in the corners.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Can u compare this to a Viper??????

HMM, day 2 here and I'm wondering how many of you can actually drive??

But the board does bring back some second grade memories...I see the material is the same now as it was back then<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Can u compare this to a Viper??????

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 96 NSX-T</i>
    <b>HMM, day 2 here and I'm wondering how many of you can actually drive??

But the board does bring back some second grade memories...I see the material is the same now as it was back then</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Hey Mr. Mature snob why don't you add a more mature comment? There are kids on all these forums if you have not noticed but I am not one of them I just feel like putting in my 2 cents every now and then. Oh i'm 25 and drive on a daily basis. I get to choose what I drive between 3 cars (51 dodge, 96 camaro, 2001 kia). So answer the subject question or go away snob. If you think you are so above everyone here go back to your pointless intilectual conversations with your gay rights activist support group.

10. Re: Can u compare this to a Viper??????

No this can compare to a normal viper, but to a tuned viper This compares to Mclaren F1 Lotec Siruis, and Konisegg(sorry about the spelling) cc, maybe aslo some konegg ferraris<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Can u compare this to a Viper??????

thats a tuned viper and we are talking production cars here. and someone chosing between this and a viper is like chosing between a kia rio and a bmw m3 so dont compare.

12. Re: Can u compare this to a Viper??????

if you took a 800tt, and put some stage 4s in it with about 22 psi boost, it would kik the living shit outta this car. this thing does the 0-60 in 3 sec, the viper would do it in about that(the turbos would take a while to spin up) but once the turbos kicked in youd prob get quite a bit over 1000 hp. about vipers not turnin, the 800tt has the slolom record at about 73 mph (i think) and pulled more then a g on the skidpad. it also has great breaks. if you had pro drivers the viper would win but with hack drivers that thing would win, because with 1000+ hp on a front engine rwd youd kill yourself if you were tryin to race.

o yeah and to that a-hole who said we prob cant drive and shit, #$%# you, i cant drive and as you can see, i do know my fair share about cars so do sit on a dildo. ()XZXZ()::::::::(you):::::::::>

and that was my 2 cents <!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Can u compare this to a Viper??????

Who said Vipers can't handle? STOCK Viper GTS pull slalom at 74mph and pull over 1 g on the skidpad (as has been said). Now that Vipers have ABS they are even better on the track. If that isn't good enough, take a look at the ACR and weep.<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: Can u compare this to a Viper??????

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 96 NSX-T</i>

But the board does bring back some second grade memories...I see the material is the same now as it was back then</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->EAT SHIT AND DIE... WHILE U R AT IT EAT A FAT DICK TOO... "DAY 2 AND I'M WONDERING HOW MANY PUSSY ASS FAGGOTS THERE ARE IN HERE..." GOTO HELL!!!

15. Re: Can u compare this to a Viper??????

When it comes down to it, this is a great car. The workmanship is defenatly above a viper and this car as it is could kill a viper on the drag strip or on the track. However, for the money the viper is a excellent car. You also have to consider the engin difference. The viper is a naturally aspirated v-10 that puts out decent hp for the engin size, it is nothing special. The Bugatti however has a v-12 of the same displacement, which already gives it an advantage. To top it off, they slapped on four insanly huge turbos that put this car in a class of its own. Personally i think that both the viper an d the bugatti are great cars, it all depends on how much you want to spend.

16. Re: Can u compare this to a Viper??????

sorry im retarted, it has a w-16 not a v-12, which is even bigger

17. Re: Can u compare this to a Viper??????

To that mother #$%#er that said we can't drive, I am 14, and I can drive a manual. I've been driving since age 5! The VERY first time I drove a manual, it took me 2 MINUTES to learn how to, so SHUT THE **** UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Re: Can u compare this to a Viper??????

I have to say too, the guy who says we can't drive should really consider how many of us are "younger". Maybe u are just trying to pick on someone to make up for the fact it took you so #$%#ing long to learn to drive. Or did you go with an auto? either way, i took my 87 supra out on a saturday and mastered the clutch in less than an hour. 16 and loving it, respect us, don't ridicule us. I have nothing against the rest of you people.
    Back to the car, it looks fine to me, and very nice power, i would love to see the shop manuals for it and engine plans that include the turbos, would be very interesting

19. Re: Can u compare this to a Viper??????

you can't even begin to compare this to a viper
    Come on it's Bugatti not GM<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: Can u compare this to a Viper??????

Please do not compare European monarchy with the ordinary scum...<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: Can u compare this to a Viper??????

THIS REPLY IS FOR PHANOFMUZIK2 !!
    You ssay you know alot about cars but you keep sayimg that the Viper Venom 800tt needs stage four turbo chargers. What the hell do you think TT stands for? You think a regular viper has that HP? i mean common think a lil bit.

-peace<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: Can u compare this to a Viper??????

<b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 96 NSX-T</i>

But the board does bring back some second grade memories...I see the material is the same now as it was back then</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Hey Mr. Mature snob why don't you add a more mature comment? There are kids on all these forums if you have not noticed but I am not one of them I just feel like putting in my 2 cents every now and then. Oh i'm 25 and drive on a daily basis. I get to choose what I drive between 3 cars (51 dodge, 96 camaro, 2001 kia). So answer the subject question or go away snob. If you think you are so above everyone here go back to your pointless intilectual conversations with your gay rights activist support group.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    omg im am 11 and i think i am more mature then him<!-- Signature -->

23. Re: Can u compare this to a Viper??????

ha ha ha ha, vipers aren't even in the hunt!!! however they are a lot cheaper. but honestly, how many vipers are that nice inside. none of them. there is more to a car then just numbers and stats. that's why i love porsches so much.<!-- Signature -->

24. Re: Can u compare this to a Viper??????

Let me think....hmm....damn it of course you can not compare this to any viper this car is in much beter clas than the viper and is more money and it look beter than any Viper<!-- Signature -->

25. Re: Can u compare this to a Viper??????

This car is almost as gay as that 2002 honda civic type r concept,
    And for god's sake, put a 1000 horsepower in something better looking, the color tone is horrendously butt #$%#ing ugly and from the front end it looks like its sucking on a lemon....<!-- Signature -->