CANT ALL U HOLDEN PEOPLE REALISE THAT THIS IS MORE POWERFULL THA

Discussion in '2002 Ford GT40 Concept' started by JaPcArLoVeR, Aug 9, 2002.

1. do they still make this car

2. Re: CANT ALL U HOLDEN PEOPLE REALISE THAT THIS IS MORE POWERFULL

Concept means its not a production car, and the reason why it gets so much power is 1. its a dohc not a sohc like the holdens, 2. high engine compression, 3. because the car is not for production they dont have to consider cost to build, and dont have to follow market restrictions and safely.

feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

3. Re: CANT ALL U HOLDEN PEOPLE REALISE THAT THIS IS MORE POWERFULL

<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: CANT ALL U HOLDEN PEOPLE REALISE THAT THIS IS MORE POWERFULL

It is scheduled for production and the final car is yet to be seen or tested. We will have to wait and see what it turns out like, but I don't think it will be much different than the concept car. I for one would be very happy to have it as a everyday car. Perhaps only millionaires will own one, but I bet a lot of the same people that buy Ferrai's and 996TT's will be in line to get one and those people aren't all millionaires.

5. Re: CANT ALL U HOLDEN PEOPLE REALISE THAT THIS IS MORE POWERFULL

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from infected</i>
    <b>Concept means its not a production car, and the reason why it gets so much power is 1. its a dohc not a sohc like the holdens, 2. high engine compression, 3. because the car is not for production they dont have to consider cost to build, and dont have to follow market restrictions and safely.

feel free to correct me if I'm wrong</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Yes you are wrong Holdens dont have ANY overhead cams on any of thier engines excluding 4 cylinder cars built by Opel.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: CANT ALL U HOLDEN PEOPLE REALISE THAT THIS IS MORE POWERFULL

holdens are no match for this.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: CANT ALL U HOLDEN PEOPLE REALISE THAT THIS IS MORE POWERFULL

Sorry, incorrect, the HSV Holden HRT427 does 0-60 in approx. 3.2 seconds and they're building 50 a year. Go check out the HSV website.

8. Re: CANT ALL U HOLDEN PEOPLE REALISE THAT THIS IS MORE POWERFULL

like a hsv that's not made in the U.S. (and only makes 50 a year) is ever going to go head to head at a red light with this beast. come on

9. Re: CANT ALL U HOLDEN PEOPLE REALISE THAT THIS IS MORE POWERFULL

Thats because holdens are family cars. This means that HSV's are really just modded family cars. The ford GT40 is not so don't compare the two.

10. Re: CANT ALL U HOLDEN PEOPLE REALISE THAT THIS IS MORE POWERFULL

You are complete idoits. The Aussie Holden Are just far better in alot of ways. Like handling and accelartion.

You Dumb Ass

11. Re: CANT ALL U HOLDEN PEOPLE REALISE THAT THIS IS MORE POWERFULL

the hrt427 is not definate yet and the GT40 still has engine room for work unlike the hrt. also just a little bit of info, the new boss260 xr8 is fasta than any holden on tyhe vy range and hsv excluding both gts coupe and sedan,but then theres the ford gt which makes it piss anyway.

12. Re: CANT ALL U HOLDEN PEOPLE REALISE THAT THIS IS MORE POWERFULL

Doesn't matter, it's still a Holden that could smoke this! And the guy who started this topic said there wasn't. SO I guess that makes him wrong!

13. Re: CANT ALL U HOLDEN PEOPLE REALISE THAT THIS IS MORE POWERFULL

PLease stop living.

14. Re: CANT ALL U HOLDEN PEOPLE REALISE THAT THIS IS MORE POWERFULL

they are bringing it back. but they are updating the styling and giving it a new engine

15. Re: CANT ALL U HOLDEN PEOPLE REALISE THAT THIS IS MORE POWERFULL

Where have you been for the past 40 years?

16. Re: CANT ALL U HOLDEN PEOPLE REALISE THAT THIS IS MORE POWERFULL

first i dont even see why you people see it fair to compare a car based on a family sedan to a ford Gt40, or GT now. second...how can you say that a modified sedan can out perform this monster? this is mid engined, your sedans are front engined..therefore less balanced and have a slower acceleration because as porsche has proven..when the weight is on the back wheels it helps the acceleration. also..this GT has a ford supercharger, if you live in austraila you cant know the power of these things, the SVT lightning is essentially a dragster thanks to a ford supercharger. also some of the most respected tuners in the world are working on the GT names such as SVO/SVT(of course because they are owned by ford, but still have they ever made a car thats not a beast) and Cosworth. and finally personally i dont care if some austrailian sedan is gonna go faster than my GT (if i ever own one-i wish) because the GT has a heritage like no other car on this planet can match. the GT is the ultimate Halo car, its more than an icon......and if you want to quote motor trend then read their letter they send to the CEO of Ford begging him to make this car. thats what this car means to americans and that alone will be enough to eat any holden...ford know it means this much too, and they wont mess it up.

GO FORD!!!

CEO of SVO/SVT-"We want to make sure that our GT40 can defend its honor should find itself next to a new viper or Zo6 at a red light"

17. Re: CANT ALL U HOLDEN PEOPLE REALISE THAT THIS IS MORE POWERFULL

i forgot to tell all you Holden lovers that YOU GET RAPED BY tickford FALCONS