Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

Discussion in '2000 Porsche Carrera GT Concept' started by CarreraGtRacer, Sep 26, 2002.

1. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

Either way this car looks best as it does in all the pictures. Top down spoiler down. Plus you would want to hear that beautiful V10, while your driving.

2. #27 CarreraGtRacer, Dec 1, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

Yeah thats true...go to www.porsche.com to d/l it.

3. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

Trust me my friend, been there, you know what im talkin about with that sweet simulator, but thanks anyways.

4. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

Definately...Hear the engine everytime my computer starts up.

5. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

Did you customize your sound from the Porsche website or is it different. The sound from the website is so sweet. Unfortunately, the downloadable mp3 ends right a the shift so you hear the engine idle instead.

6. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

I just d/l it and put it as my start up tune. The file only has to be .wav and there is a way you can do that. You can hear the car start rev the engine just a little and then take off and turn off.

7. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

exactly the same as what I have. Still great sounding.

8. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

Yeah I think everyone has this one. There isn't a different one is there?

9. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

Not to my knowledge. I have been tyring to get a video with a nice clip of sound, and put it as my intro to my my desktop.

10. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

I'm going to keep searching and see if I can find one

11. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

Ya me too. I think we won't see anything to special until the car actually comes into full production.

12. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

Yeah let's wait for the Geneva Auto Show. They are said to release the Carrera GT and the Enzo there.

13. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

Ive wanted to go to so many auto shows in previous years. The Geneva is probably the best or maybe something like the Paris one. If they are there it will be sweet.

14. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

the 0-60 time is incorrect, porsche always gives over estimated performance stats until the car comes out, i just got the december 2002 issue of road and track, the carrera gt's 0-60 time will be closer to 3.7-3.8

15. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

Ive seen the article as well and I knew before hand that this car would lay down a faster 0-60 time than Porsche first said. The top speed will be faster as well.

16. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

A friend of mine who works at a Porsche/VW dealership told me that the numbers Porsche gives is with a full tank of gas and an extra passenger so thats why the 0-60 times tend to change. This car is around 3.6.

17. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

Not tru!!!heheheheeh!!!its actually 4.006 seconds!!!And the max speed is 324.6 heheheheh.

18. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

isn't this a production car?

the front's ugly but the back is swEEt

19. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

are you dumb?

20. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

Who knows?

21. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

Quote from CarreraGtRacer
    Well the higher spoiler will help the car turn and stay in control at high speeds as if it was lower it might not be the same results. And the disadvantage that you stated is you can't go over speed bumps and shit and I think people that can afford one of these prolly have another good car lying around in which they will not ruin this beauty. I think cars like these are meant only for a Sunday drive or fo sho.

well if porsch wanted to provide down force, than they could have had the under car scoops that ferrari has that only open once the car is going fast enough to make use of them, this ditches the spoiler (also the reason that the Enzo has no spoiler) it also keep the car from sitting too low to the ground and bumping the nose. the other disadvantage to the wing is that it's momentum can cause the rearof the car to spin out during turns ( this only applys to really really light cars) but it is yet another reason to use the under car scoops and not the wing.

22. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

I think Porsche knows what they are doing but the idea is good of having no spoiler and just the under car scoops.

23. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

Let me fill you all in. CarreraGtracer probably is right. I have already heard official word from Porsche that this car will do under 4 seconds to 60. Also the top speed is over 324. Those stats are the one that came out like 2 years ago. Check out the current ones.

24. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

I'm pretty sure it will do 0-60 at around 3.5 seconds because common sense says that the GT2 does is at 3.6 and has less hp and prolly weighs more and I'm pretty sure this is about the same if not more aerodynamic than the GT2 so this thing is going to be a monster.

25. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

makes sense, i'm pretty sure the lovers of the Murcielago and the Enzo will get a suprise when this comes out, because this will ruin beat most current supercars.