Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

Discussion in '2000 Porsche Carrera GT Concept' started by CarreraGtRacer, Sep 26, 2002.

1. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

yo masterviper!
    (replying to your message about how the viper is faster in every category)

Since when has the viper ever topped a Porsche in any of those categories except maybe on the skid-pad(any vehicle could pull a g if it had tires like the viper, it has little to do with great engineering). Every test i've ever seen, even w/ the last gen 911 had it braking better, accelerating faster, handling better in the slalom, and lapping quicker than the viper. The amount of g's a car doesn't nessecarily translate in to better cornering. If i put that much rubber on a LTD it would probably come close to 1 g. The viper is a fast car and it is cheaper, but there's a reason for that, a big gas guzzling engine and poor build quality. There's been at least two super-car comparisons in which the viper suffered mechanical failure during the tests. I've never seen or heard of that happening to a Porsche. I'd like to see where you've seen, heard or read of this complete viper domination.

2. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

SRT10 Viper brakes better than the GT2 from 70

3. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

Anyone who says that this car sucks is either smokin cheap crack or needs a good hard ass whoopin!! This is the sweetest car porsche has ever made!! Now don't get me wrong. the Viper is a great car, but i would so take the GT over it! Ans all of you people givin this car crap, well, i'm sure if someone gave you the keys to it you'd be shittin yourself silly!!

4. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

But a wing has one big advantage: it's lots easier to create downforce with a wing than with a diffuser (like the one on the Enzo)

5. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

Exactly

6. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

the 98 911 GT1 did like 1.08 on the skidpad, and you can get the 97 models for about 610 thousand now!

7. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

YOU DUMB IDIOTS. AS STATED BEFORE ONCE THE CAR GOES ABOVE 70 MPH THE SPOILER RAISES AND ONCE IT GOES BELOW 30 IT LOWERS. THE CAR IS ALSO EQUIPPED WITH A SWITCH TO MANUALLY RAISE OR LOWER THE SPOILER. SO TO ALL YOU FAGS GOING ON ABOUT THE SPOILER IS TOO HIGH YOU WILL BE GOING TO FAST FOR NEONE TO REALLY SEE. AND ANYWAYS IF YOU PAS SOME IDIOTS UP ON THE HIGHWAY AND THEY SEE THE CAR THE FIRST THEING THEY ARE GONNA SAY WONT BE OMFG THAT SPOILER IS TOO DAMN HIGH, IT WILL BE LOOK AT THAT EXPENSIVE ASS CAR. AND AS FAR AS SPEEDBUMPS GO. THE CAR HAS TO BE ABLE TO MAKE IT OVER THEM WITH OUT BOTTOMING OUT OR ITS NOT STREET LEGAL IDIOTS

8. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

Agreed. I don't think people care a lot about how high the spoiler is. If you have the car, than you are a life ahead of everybody else here in retrospect.

9. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

Yeah I agree.

10. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

The one thing i'm wondering is if they are going to make a "S" or "R" model after they make the base Carrera GT.

11. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

Yeah Carrera GTR that would be so cool

12. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

It would have close to 700hp probably.

13. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

0-60 in 3.1 seconds.

14. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

would be nice.

15. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

Sure would. I think RUF or Gemballa are going to get there hands on one.

16. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

Most likely

17. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

I wonder if AutoThority will make a Kit for this.

18. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

Great pics.

19. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

Thanks.

20. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

Ah Like it Ahlot!!

21. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

The carrera Gt which is going to be in production will have 612hp and a 5,7lt V10 engine.

22. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

Yeah we know but thanks anyway.

23. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

The factory stats are understatements in my opinion. Till this thing is fully track tested we wont see the full potential.

24. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

Beautiful machine. I'm glad Porsche decided to design something "out of the box" for a change. Most other Porsche models have changed very little over the years; this one is a big difference. It's both powerful and gorgeous. Good job Porsche!!!

25. Re: Carrera GT hardtop pictures!!!

OMG...this new Carrera GT is gonna be so awesome. I heard its gonna have an 8200 redline with the peak power of 612 bhp occuring at 8000. Just over 3000 pounds, mid-engined, RWD, with a beautiful sounding 5.7L V10. I wonder how much its gonna cost. And does anybody know if the track increased? It might just be my eye, but the car either looks a little lowered, or a little wider. My gosh this car is beautiful.