Carrera Gt or CLK GTR?

Discussion in '1998 Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR Straßenversion' started by Lngnfltr, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: Carrera Gt or CLK GTR?

I don't think the porsche would get totally smoked. It's supposed to be one of the best handling cars ever, plus with 550hp and 2700lbs. and throttle response from a naturally aspirated engine, better technology. I think this would be close, the porsche wieghs 700lbs less with llke 60 less horsepower. I think that the porsche's handling can't be that far off. We'll see when it's released. It all depends on who's driving in the race.

2. Re: Carrera Gt or CLK GTR?

I think it would be close. The porsche is going to be the best handling and braking car made, i'm pretty sure. Everything going into that car is from racing technology and data. Just read about it at the porsche site. I don't think you should take it too lightly. It's a mean beast. 8 piston caliper brakes, extreme light wieght, 558hp, 30ZR tires, mid-mounted everything, sounds pretty good. And not more than $1.2 million. Thats a lot of dough. Both cars kick ass.

3. Re: Carrera Gt or CLK GTR?

I like the porsche better, but the race would be close. The porsche is a purely racing inspired car, everything in it is from racing data. You have to check out this car. It's so bad as*. 8 piston caliper brakes, extreme weight reduction, mid-mounted everything, 558hp, close race, i know the benz is the same but the GT is just absolutely awsome.

4. Re: Carrera Gt or CLK GTR?

I like the porsche better, but the race would be close. The porsche is a purely racing inspired car, everything in it is from racing data. You have to check out this car. It's so bad as*. 8 piston caliper brakes, extreme weight reduction, mid-mounted everything, 558hp, close race, i know the benz is the same but the GT is just absolutely awsome.

5. Which one would you choose? I'd go with the Porsche of course this car is not worth all that money. A Murcielago could smoke this<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Carrera Gt or CLK GTR?

ur an idiot! hmm porsche vs RACECAR! and murc can smoke this??!!? the lambo can't even smoke the sl55! and u think that it can kill this? ok now this is a RACECAR! and the porsche is just sportscar! thats why the clkgtr is $1,550,000! and i think u know what i'm gunna go with

7. Re: Carrera Gt or CLK GTR?

I have to agree. The Carrera GT would have a hard time doing a sub-ten second 1/4mi, and the Mercedes V12 is pretty insane. Porsche is nice, but they don't make a million dollar car.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Carrera Gt or CLK GTR?

The GT may be more livable according to most car mags but this is better... aesthetically... and a little on the technical and mechanical side<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Carrera Gt or CLK GTR?

MB WITH SUPERCHARGER.

10. Re: Carrera Gt or CLK GTR?

The Carrera GT is priced @ $1,000,000... but it will have a hard time beating the CLK-GTR... you see the CLK-GTR can do low 9's on a 1.4 mile strip but still it wasn't even meant to be a drag racer... and with it's superb handling on the tracks, it would kill the Carrera GT! The only possible chance of the Porsche on winning over this car would be a "Top-Speed" race where nothing such exists...<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Carrera Gt or CLK GTR?

Carrera Gt Racer i have to agree with the other guys, the Carrera Gt is a really cool car, but its way out of the Mercedes leage. The carrera would get burned in 1/4 Mi. If you want to compare a porsche against this Mercedes, the Porsche 962. It does the 1/4mi. in just 9.2, and a top speed of 250+.

12. Re: Carrera Gt or CLK GTR?

or maybe the Carrera GT may be able to stand a chance... with it's 550hp V12 engine...<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Carrera Gt or CLK GTR?

merc!<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: Carrera Gt or CLK GTR?

Merc still... oh and it is a 550 V10 not a V12... the Merc though has a v12 with 612 hp<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: Carrera Gt or CLK GTR?

CLK-GTR for me,it'll kill the carreraGT on a track.<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: Carrera Gt or CLK GTR?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MB_CLK-GTR</i>
    <b>The Carrera GT is priced @ $1,000,000... </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

UR A RETARD, this car will be expensive but no where near 1,000,000. if u give me one source that says this then ill believe u, but its goin to be priced around $450,000-$500,000 usd, says a Porsche Rep.<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: Carrera Gt or CLK GTR?

long live clk-gtr!!!!!!!!

18. Re: Carrera Gt or CLK GTR?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Emdec55</i>
    <b>ur an idiot! hmm porsche vs RACECAR! and murc can smoke this??!!? the lambo can't even smoke the sl55! and u think that it can kill this? ok now this is a RACECAR! and the porsche is just sportscar! thats why the clkgtr is $1,550,000! and i think u know what i'm gunna go with</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->And then here comes the straight away and when the GTR is maxed out at 191 the Carrera GT passes it with ease...<!-- Signature -->

19. #19 supercargurukid, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Carrera Gt or CLK GTR?

a corvette sledge hammer would rip both in a race
    oh ya the mercedes is my choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! www.urbanracer.com www.urbanracer.com www.urbanracer.com www.urbanracer.com www.urbanracer.com www.urbanracer.com

20. Re: Carrera Gt or CLK GTR?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CarreraGtRacer</i>
    <b>Which one would you choose? I'd go with the Porsche of course this car is not worth all that money. A Murcielago could smoke this</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

OMG !

Ok im a newb but even i know that LAMBO Murc dont have any chance against this car

And yes its worth the moneY<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: Carrera Gt or CLK GTR?

The Vette Sledgehammer can suck my cock.. they call it the fastest car ever even though only one was ever made. I don't think it should really count unless it went into production.<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: Carrera Gt or CLK GTR?

This car is not worth a $1,000,000! If you want a good car that can kill this for the same price it has to be the GT1! This thing is slow for 612 Hp! It maybe able to beat the Carrera Gt but only because this car is a race car. If the Carrera Gt was to be made into a race car it would kill this!<!-- Signature -->

23. Re: Carrera Gt or CLK GTR?

mm hard choice.. the carrera GT's preformance isn't yet known.. mm I think I'll go with the PORSCHE cuz its a porsche :p<!-- Signature -->

24. Re: Carrera Gt or CLK GTR?

the carrera couldnt reach one 190 on a straight..and if it could the benz would fly right past it again during breaking
    the gt is a road car guy...<!-- Signature -->

25. #25 Scuderium, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Carrera Gt or CLK GTR?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from supercargurukid</i>
    <b>a corvette sledge hammer would rip both in a race
    oh ya the mercedes is my choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! www.urbanracer.com www.urbanracer.com www.urbanracer.com www.urbanracer.com www.urbanracer.com www.urbanracer.com </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->1 word, idiot.<!-- Signature -->