Cavalier Power plant!!!

Discussion in '2000 Opel Speedster' started by oliap, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Ok this car is great. It has the looks of an exotic and i'm sure it drives like one. But I can get the same engine from a 2002 cavalier sports coupe or sedan? Yes it's true. It's the 2.2 liter Eco-tech!<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Cavalier Power plant!!!

So, its a great engine. I really dont care if a lambo engine is related to a tractor engine (even though i really do not care for lambos) or the vipers v-10 is related to a truck engine.

3. Re: Cavalier Power plant!!!

Makes sense since Opel is partially owned by GM. They were talking about bringing this to the US under Pontiac. Hopefully they will.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Cavalier Power plant!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from oliap</i>
    <b>Ok this car is great. It has the looks of an exotic and i'm sure it drives like one. But I can get the same engine from a 2002 cavalier sports coupe or sedan? Yes it's true. It's the 2.2 liter Eco-tech!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

They did that because it is a good engine. Also consider that this cars weighs a lot less, so it has ore performance than a Cavalier.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Cavalier Power plant!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Primer</i>
    <b>Makes sense since Opel is partially owned by GM. They were talking about bringing this to the US under Pontiac. Hopefully they will.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I'd like to see them bring it to the US as a new Pontaic Fiero.

But in all honesty I doubt we will ever see it.

Pontaic is geting their GTO again, and the place in the line up this car would fill would be filled by the Solstus that has gotten praise from everyone who has seen the car.

Spyder757

6. Re: Cavalier Power plant!!!

that would be cool if the Cavalier was mid engine...NOT!!<!-- Signature -->